SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by bigtiii, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:49 PM
United States, AL, Pelham
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
For Sale
LPU 48" Extreme Flight MXS RX ready (the sexy color scheme) :)

About a month or so old. Selling to fund a 65" 3DHS Vyper and need to lighten the load on the under 50" planes. This is a hot new plane from EF. Doc Austin said I wouldn't regret it and I haven't. Nuttiest snap rolling sucker I've ever flown.

If you are looking at this it's because you already know what a radical plane this is. 70ish degree elevator throw is insane.

Never crashed though I did fly it through some brush and had to repair the left elevator counter weight section. Repaired at the field in 30 minutes with a little CA, 1" of 1/4" balsa stock and 1" of 1/8th" stock. Most of that time was spent waiting on my buddy to get to the flying field with balsa and covering and irons and oh my! Poked a couple of small holes in covering and patched in same color. I decided to simply replace all the covering on the left elevator half with white because I thought it looked kinda cool that way, makes both the plane and my giant Hitec decal show up better. Kinda goes with the checkerboard theme.

Here's the video of the "tragic event"

Extreme Flight MXS Tree Trimming Trick (0 min 33 sec)

Video after the repair

Extreme Flight MXS after repair of elevator tab (1 min 51 sec)

The landing gear broke on a normal landing due to a bad batch of gear from Extreme Flight ("paper thin" as it was worded to me). I also have an Addiction X and took the mid section of my gear and the Addiction X landing gear that is the exact dimensions (save for being 2 pieces) and made a super strong set of gear. 3 times the thickness at the wheel pants. The booboo on the nose and left wheel pant it from the gear breaking.

Plane comes receiver ready with:

(all parts were purchased new for this build)
Hacker A30-14L
60A ESC Exceed RC Proton
2 Vox 13x5 props
Extreme Flight red spinner
3 Hitec digital 5065 servos
1 Hitec digital 5085 servo (elevator)
Heavy duty elevator servo arm (Dubro)
4 batteries (2 2650 4S 30C Sky Lipos and 2 2200 4s 30C Gens Ace)
All batteries with less than 10 cycles.
2 Scorpion battery straps

Side force generators included. I had both the SFG and the racing tips on the plane but I find the plane flies better with just the racing tips and knife edge suffers none so I took them off. Too much side area for windy days.

The plane pretty much is and looks brand new other than the patches and cowl scuff. I'm 48 years old and take care of my stuff and keep my planes repaired for the most minor things.

I'm trying to raise some quick cash to fund a Vyper kit I found but nevertheless I'm not overly motivated to sell this so low ballers please don't waste our time. I've invested over 500 bucks in this thing.

$400.00 cash to the first LPU that gives me a call and sets up a time to pick it up.

I know some of you are going to say "shipping is how much"........it's what it is and unless I can find a box to ship it in I won't ship.

Local pick ups get priority over any and ALL other buyers.
bigtiii is offline Find More Posts by bigtiii
Last edited by bigtiii; Oct 20, 2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: putting pictures in proper order
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:21 PM
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Nov 2008
141 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
I assume this is somewhere around close to a 1/4 scale cause you totally lose me as for other model that you had, so what's the wingspan??? wait it is a local pickup dammit, very nice tho....
davhigher is offline Find More Posts by davhigher
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:59 PM
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Sorry....I assumed folks that are familiar with the plane knew it was 48". I fixed it in the title. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah LPU since shipping to CA would probably be a bunch.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:24 AM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
369 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Any plans to visit northern VA?
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:06 PM
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzo6 View Post
Any plans to visit northern VA?
No but as usual you'll have people that always ask if you'll ship something. I"m willing if it can be worked out physically and the costs aren't prohibitive for the buyer.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:12 AM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
337 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
VERY nice bud !!!
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:43 PM
brandon,fl
Joined Dec 2010
102 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
would you trade for a bnf align trex 450 sport?
hunhunter is offline Find More Posts by hunhunter