SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:07 PM
Joined Oct 2011
104 Posts
Discussion
Signs of a bad ESC ?

Last night i hooked up my HK-20 amp ESC to my 28-10 motor . and evertything worked fine for about 2 min's . then the motor was not spining no more but going back and forth real fast and making a bad noise . kinda seems like it was trying to turn both ways left and right and glittering ?

i tried another motor and same thing . is this what a bad esc will do if its faultly ?

Thanks
bombardierJay is offline Find More Posts by bombardierJay
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:09 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,706 Posts
Been there and done that. Be careful, the next stage is fire.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:09 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Sounds like the ESC is missing a phase. either a FET has gone out OR you may just have a bad solder joint... are you using bullet connectors to the motor? if so were these were factory soldered? cold solder joints are not all that uncommon from the factory just out of habit I resolder any factory connector... if it's bad after that I have no one to blame but me

If the motor does not start up right away STOP! nothing good will come from keeping the throttle pinned as the motor stutters...
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz