HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:29 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
It was with my D02S, I guess I didn't specify. I did pull my 250 out afterwards and it just monstered the wind. I suppose it may have been signal loss but it was only about 50ft away directly ahead of me with a clear LOS so it seems unlikely.
Oh lol. I wasn't paying attn what thread we were in. Was thinking it was the 250 thread.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Last edited by flint723; Feb 11, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:32 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,381 Posts
250 or 120, didn't see 250 mentioned..
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:30 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
If you could save money for the Newly released VisionAire,
it already comes with an ALL-In-One AS3X gyro Rx.
This thing floats.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=visionair
Never mind all that. I want one of these:

Mini drone gives UK troops extra eyes 06.02.13 (2 min 38 sec)

(P.S, i think it's funny they are using toys and even mention how it won't fly in the wind.. Better hope your life doesn't depend on it guys!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
It was with my D02S, I guess I didn't specify. I did pull my 250 out afterwards and it just monstered the wind. I suppose it may have been signal loss but it was only about 50ft away directly ahead of me with a clear LOS so it seems unlikely.
Today i was flying my d02S all happy and powerful like it's been the last few times. Then with no sign of any issue or trouble it just shut off while inverted. Just like that. On closer inspection the red battery lead came off the PCB. Fun! Video later, maybe.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:29 PM
United States, NJ, Evesham Township
Joined Oct 2011
201 Posts
I just noticed that WOW is out of D02s units. Is this unit discontinued?
Dave O is offline Find More Posts by Dave O
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Never mind all that. I want one of these:

http://youtu.be/LSQwb4p09wE
I'm not sure you're gonna be happy with the £125,000 price tag per unit!!!!
Thats gotta make everything you've bought so far a tiny drop in an ocean.

Makes a $65 Walkera Rx seem like a cracking good deal!!
rangebound is offline Find More Posts by rangebound
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:46 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
Nah, I doubt it--this is a very popular heli, and the demand is high. Just keep an eye on that page, eventually there'll be more of them for sale.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:55 PM
United States, NJ, Evesham Township
Joined Oct 2011
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Nah, I doubt it--this is a very popular heli, and the demand is high. Just keep an eye on that page, eventually there'll be more of them for sale.
Perhaps it's the HK connection. I was hoping the HH 130 did not kill it.

Bad weather has kept me inside, flying my little QR, and doing overhauls. I finally got out the other day. Damn do I love the way this guy flies! I only fly sport, but need CP to handle the wind.
Dave O is offline Find More Posts by Dave O
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:16 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps it's the HK connection. I was hoping the HH 130 did not kill it.

Bad weather has kept me inside, flying my little QR, and doing overhauls. I finally got out the other day. Damn do I love the way this guy flies! I only fly sport, but need CP to handle the wind.
This well regarded vendor in the US still has stock.

http://helircstore.com/helicopters/w...-heli-rc-store

I don't think they will let HK sell it at a very low price. They have been forced to cut off HK before due to pressures from other vendors. Internet vendors will be much more concerned about HobbyOne which is probably owned by Walkera.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:48 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
I compared the prices of the QR InfraX BNF and the batts for it on HK and Hobbyone. HK has slightly better prices. HK however, is not good at stocking parts. I just put in an order for a bunch of parts for my 120 on Hobbyone last night.

btw folks, how is this 120 bad for inverted flying? does the tail drift away or is it something else?
I'm progressing to doing inverted tail in circuits on the sim and will be trying it on my V120 once I'm comfortable on the sim. I just want to know what to look out for. Thanks
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
I compared the prices of the QR InfraX BNF and the batts for it on HK and Hobbyone. HK has slightly better prices. HK however, is not good at stocking parts. I just put in an order for a bunch of parts for my 120 on Hobbyone last night.

btw folks, how is this 120 bad for inverted flying? does the tail drift away or is it something else?
I'm progressing to doing inverted tail in circuits on the sim and will be trying it on my V120 once I'm comfortable on the sim. I just want to know what to look out for. Thanks
The V120D02S is great for inverted hovering and flight. But once you get the initial hang of it, it may be a good idea to get a smaller CP such as the Super or Mini CP. The repair cost can be quite high. You may consider using the metal head at a later stage. You should also get some replacement servo gears. There are metal servo gears available but I don't know who is selling them on the Internet.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:55 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The V120D02S is great for inverted hovering and flight. But once you get the initial hang of it, it may be a good idea to get a smaller CP such as the Super or Mini CP. The repair cost can be quite high. You may consider using the metal head at a later stage. You should also get some replacement servo gears. There are metal servo gears available but I don't know who is selling them on the Internet.
Nowadays, I tend to break the bevel gears. I bought 20 of them last night since I think I'll keep my 2 V120 for a while. I will look at the slipper clutch soon.

I totally forgot about my 3 axis genius CP and my brushless mini CP until you mentioned them. You are right, they are much more durable. I will use them for my orientation training. They haven't seen much action as I have been practicing flips, and my batteries for them can't keep up with the continuous flipping. The other thing is that they are too small, and I keep losing orientation of them.

I ordered the new GCP canopy for my old GCP as it is more visible. Still hunting for a bright canopy for my mini CP.
On one of my V120D02S, I replaced the red canopy with the bright orange halloween canopy from hobbyone. It's not on their webpage anymore, and the next brightest canopy is the christmas canopy. I don't like the look though.

All of my helis are also getting bright pink stickers on the boom and tail section.
I lose orientation less often now, and as a result crash less. even my 450d03 is getting the pink stickers.

Here's how it looks like in flight. It's in 1:25 min mark of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...cXRmlE7U#t=85s
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:51 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,601 Posts
Quote:
Wowhobbies seems to only either receive orders, or place them in bulk. So all of a sudden one day everything will be in stock for a bunch of things. It seems. It's probably a shipping related factor. But they will often be out of stock for a few weeks at a time. The heli is not discontinued. It's still a good heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
I'm not sure you're gonna be happy with the £125,000 price tag per unit!!!!
Thats gotta make everything you've bought so far a tiny drop in an ocean.

Makes a $65 Walkera Rx seem like a cracking good deal!!
Bah, your no fun. Your supposed to laugh at the idiots spending that for a device that can only be used indoors most of the time.

I'm sure, they are worth every bit of that price tag too.... Nothing military oriented is overpriced just because it will get paid.. Naa...

(man, sarcasm is hard online..)

But you know, it does have GPS and a HD camera. All in that tiny little package. You have to wonder what they power it with and how long it can fly too... For 3-5 minutes flight. Will it make it to the compound walls and back in time? Fighting the breeze. It would be interesting to see the spec sheet. I can't see these things being practical except for guys like us to use for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post

I don't think the v120 is bad for inverted flying. The 6 axis might be a little different, i don't know. But the v120 flies inverted okay. It requires a lot more input from me than any of my bigger helicopters when doing banking circuits. Probably just because it's so small. But it flies pretty nice inverted. However, reverse has always been an issue. With all of my WK models actually. The bigger ones, not as much. But they all tend to drift in reverse, the faster you go, the worse it will be until the tail spins out to 180° to point the nose in your heading. It will be okay if you keep it slow, but if you loose it and it darts off. It might spin around. Thats inverted or upright. I think, just like with pirouettes, the position of the RX might have something to do with reverse flight charactoristics.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Feb 12, 2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:15 AM
United States, OR, Vernonia
Joined Dec 2004
126 Posts
Devo 10

Does anyone have the complete Transmitter settings for setting up a Devo 10 and a V120do2s Thanks Mike
iflyrvs1 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrvs1
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:30 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrvs1 View Post
Does anyone have the complete Transmitter settings for setting up a Devo 10 and a V120do2s Thanks Mike
This should help or not complete enough?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325037
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:32 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post

I don't think the v120 is bad for inverted flying. The 6 axis might be a little different, i don't know. But the v120 flies inverted okay. It requires a lot more input from me than any of my bigger helicopters when doing banking circuits. Probably just because it's so small. But it flies pretty nice inverted. However, reverse has always been an issue. With all of my WK models actually. The bigger ones, not as much. But they all tend to drift in reverse, the faster you go, the worse it will be until the tail spins out to 180° to point the nose in your heading. It will be okay if you keep it slow, but if you loose it and it darts off. It might spin around. Thats inverted or upright. I think, just like with pirouettes, the position of the RX might have something to do with reverse flight charactoristics.
Thanks IH. That was what I was looking for.
I had worded my previous post wrongly and had meant "inverted reverse" instead of "inverted tail in". Inverted reverse is the position I end up with after a forward or backward flip.
I'll take your advice, and will learn inverted normal circuits on the sim before trying it out on my heli at high speed. At the moment, I'll be lost if the tail spins out 180 on me.