SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:48 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Cool, FlySky is also supported by Deviation.
You need to hack a FlySky module into it though, it can't directly support it with it's RF chip. Reason it can do DSM2 is because Spektrum and Walkera both use the same RF chip.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:02 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
You need to hack a FlySky module into it though, it can't directly support it with it's RF chip. Reason it can do DSM2 is because Spektrum and Walkera both use the same RF chip.
Indeed. A commonly used module is the one from a V911 transmitter, but keep in mind it does have low transmit power.

If you want something bigger you have to shop around for a module with a PA and LNA.

(info about the hack can be found on deviationtx.com forums for both devo8 and devo10)
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:56 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Off topic again but you guys are the experts. Need a FP recommendation for a noob. He picked up a V400 and Devo 10 to fly this summer but needs a FP 120 size to practice for the winter inside. Yes, he would like to use the Devo with the FP.
Try the SuperFP. It's very durable and when he gets more used to it, he can turn the Gyro down and the cyclic way up and it gets close to the handling of the Mini and Super CP helis.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:58 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Looks very well documented and a breeze. Thanks.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:23 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
V120D02S^2 Hyperion Balance Conn. Mod.

My Hyperion's showed up today. Somewhere back someone didn't want to go for these because of the balance connector arrangement. Don't know if it was because of this or not. Re-pining the connector, as show, allows it to be used with a Hitec X4 and JST XH balance board plugging into the 4S connector. The charger doesn't know which connector the battery is plugged into. An optional step is to cut off the connector tab off but is not required.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:18 PM
United States, LA, Calhoun
Joined May 2012
102 Posts
Hey guys

I received my all metal head from HeliRcStore the other day. I havnt had a chance to install it yet but it looks nice and sturdy. Stay tuned for flight review.
cstoutr is offline Find More Posts by cstoutr
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:21 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
What? You're really going to fly $50 worth of V120D02S head gear??

Why they didn't gold plate it too while they were on... now that would be nice and bling. The New V120D02S Gangsta version... for the low price of only 3x bags of coke to you sir...
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post

Why they didn't gold plate it too while they were on... now that would be nice and bling. The New V120D02S Gangsta version... for the low price of only 3x bags of coke to you sir...
You sir have obviously never flown a metal head on a micro before. The metal is attracted to the earth because of it's magnetic field and clearly that enhances the stability of your inverted flight. $50 is a small price to pay for pure CNC machined unobtainium bliss

(Please Walkera, quote this in marketing material, please!)
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:42 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,169 Posts
Quote:

I would STOP saying that $50 is too much that small head.
Or Walkera might Jack-up the plastic version for $45, then, we're all
LOL
- Spyro
(Hope they don't reading this)
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Jan 18, 2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:45 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
They can't do that... we would all just install Deviation and buy a 130X and a 300X.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:50 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,167 Posts
Quote:
They can't do that... we would all just install Deviation and buy a 130X and a 300X.
Word.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:56 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstoutr View Post
I received my all metal head from HeliRcStore the other day. I havnt had a chance to install it yet but it looks nice and sturdy. Stay tuned for flight review.
If I had it on my bird a few weeks back flying in cold weather it may of saved me from shattering both blade grips as I powered side ways down the drive way pulling out from a flip. But I just rebuilt with stock.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:53 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
Quote:
I thought that was what everyone was doing anyway.... I sure can't in good conscience recommend the "New" V120D02S with the 6 axis. Especially not before i actually fly one. Not with all the mixed reports and random issues.. In fact i make it a point to tell people that they should just skip the 120/130 size if they are not going to get a 130X. Because there is no point in getting a V120... If you need to learn orientations, not 3D. A $50 WL Toys v911 is all you need. then get a 300x or 450 or something. Otherwise stick to the Nano CP or just get the 130X with all the microheli upgraded and you have a MUCH nicer micro heli with VERY nice CNC parts made by Microheli who uses a decent density CNC Aluminum. Not to mention the PRODUCT SUPPORT BY 3RD PARTIES! Which Walkera does not have. Even Xtreme seems hesitant to release products for their helicopters because of how often they change things up or release new models. The last Walkera 3rd party product i've seen was for the V120D02 (original) or the V120D05. Maybe there are a few bits and pieces out for the V120D02S now. But it's nothing like the people that jump on the Blade heli modified parts. I wonder if it's because Blade has a larger, farther reaching market because of their way of doing business. I can only speculate. But it seems like a Horizon product gets released and people in the 3rd party production industries actually CARE and get into a stir about how they could make money with it. But when Walkera releases a new product it seems, for the most part, like it's "Back of the news paper"... Almost like no one cares.

This is like asking a software developer to create and keep up with a "Modified" version of the software. But then the original developer NEVER stops releasing core code patches, requiring full re-wright of the "mod" software. Eventually the "Mod" developer will get tired of keeping up with patches and quit! Which is what i eventually expect Walkera to do to Deviation. I'm sure they are scratching their heads on that one and kicking themself in the rear for allowing it to be possible.... I wouldn't doubt if a new TX system will be implemented eventually, pushing Devo to the back of the bus with the 2801.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Jan 18, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:03 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
The other day I crashed doing small reverse circles in my drive way. I landed "Tail down" and FINALLY bent a Microline hobbies clutch shaft!! It took a direct hit on concrete to do it. I managed to straighten the shafts (VERY EASILY) with my dremel and a block of wood, using a drill bit slightly smaller than the shaft, i drilled a hole. Then i attached the shaft to my dremel @ around 12,000 rpm and drilled the shaft through the smaller hole i just drilled in the wood. The shaft trued it's self almost immediately! 12,000 was a little hot and burned the wood too. That leaves residue on the shaft. So i used some 300 grit sand paper and lightly grazed the shaft with that while it spun to remove the wood residue and carbon from the burnt wood. The shaft is straight now.

I also shot off a rudder rod because i was not using the tail stabilizers or rudder push rod guide. I came up with a fix for that too. More on that after the video!

V120D02S-XTR (V1) - 3D flight - Tail down crash (3 min 39 sec)

Okay, since i recently stripped out the CNC part that the tail stabilizer bars screw into on my CF Xtreme tail fin upgrade for my V120D05. I had to order a new one. This left me with a spare "top" part to the CNC tail boom brace. The top part is the part that has the rudder push rod guide. I got to thinking. I can probably bend that CNC and have it bite down on the D02S's CF tail boom. Which is what i did. It was not long enough to reach the bottom so i could put a screw and a nut though the holes. But i managed to "tie" it down using some very thin steel wire and a pair of needle nose pliers. Unfortunately the D05 uses the same size ball linkages and linkage rods as the original V120D02. So the rudder push rod did not fit though the guide's hole. I had to drill it out to size. It now fits on there perfectly to hold my LAST rudder rod from coming off again.

IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:07 AM
United States, LA, Calhoun
Joined May 2012
102 Posts
Well

guys, I have two 120s and I just wanted to see if this helps anything. They are just toys to me and I know they can't stand up to long term abuse. You never know, this might make it a whole new Heli.
cstoutr is offline Find More Posts by cstoutr