HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:41 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Does anyone know who stocks shaft collars for our world? Smaller than 3 mm ID.
lasakro is online now Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:42 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Bob,
Slipper clutch has been installed on my V120D02S with the B gear from the package below. It measures 2.66mm in depth. No mods and it runs great.
Looks like numbers on package have this same number LK508975832CN, others are different. Did the shaft flush up even with the front of the B gear?
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:40 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Like these?

The main shaft collar won't fit the V120D02S shaft though. It's for the older 4G6, V120d02, M120 and V120D05 shafts. But i think the tail collar fits.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:50 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
I don't stock them,, but I have make up one for my D02S using the extra main shaft collars I have from buying the 4G6 collar kits to have spare tail ones for the ones I screw up making the slipper clutches. I had to hand drill out the main shaft hole and the screw hole as I also installed a Allan head set screw like I use on the SC kits but the next size longer to get rid of the cheap easy to break Phillips screw that they come with but it has only one set screw not two like on the stock one. And of course these are a smaller OD than the stock size but it's been working fine on mine for months.. Ever since I broke off the screw on mine and had to Dremel the collar off the shaft to replace it. Much easier to get it tight now with the Allen wrench and I have not had to adjust it at all as it holds better than the stock one..

The only way to get one from Walkera is to buy a main shaft as they come with it..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Dec 21, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:55 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,115 Posts
Tested my V2 today after putting some double sided tape under the right side of the RX. It worked, I could actually hover & not have to give it right AIL constantly. It drift slower around than my V1 v120's. Did dump it a few times flipping & 0 dumping my V1, but I haven't got around to putting the HP08S on it yet like my V1. V2 HP08S next project.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:24 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,241 Posts
Been raining and cold the past week. Finally, some good weather today, so I was able to fly outside my house.
I tried some continuous flips (@1:30) with this heli, stock motor seems to handle it just fine.

V120D02S (Stock) + 130X Blades (3 min 18 sec)
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,241 Posts
oops, double post
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Please fill me in about the HP08S in the V120D02S I keep reading about. Oversky has 3 different KV rated motors in 1S. How many tooth pinion is suggested? How much is flight time is lossed?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:04 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Been raining and cold the past week. Finally, some good weather today, so I was able to fly outside my house.
I tried some continuous flips (@1:30) with this heli, stock motor seems to handle it just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdMpbzvjhDg
Wondering are you using a stock motor or just good collective management?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:07 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Crash Survivor,

The 6 axis RX is a completely different system over your 3 axis RX. Sounds like you have both and flip back and forth. I did the same for a while. I can tell you there is a way to get 100% of the drift out of the 6 axis so that you can have a hands off hover without any stick inputs to fly in one spot.
Take off and see what way she drifts. Set her back down and adjust the ball links from the servos to the swash plate. Take off and hover again. Keep doing this until your side to side hover is dead center and with no drift. You can do the same with the elevator servo link to remove any forward and back drift. In about 15 minutes of flight and adjustment you can get your 6 axis to fly and hover perfectly level with no pulling.
It's very weird because the 3 axis self levels the swash plate for you. The 6 axis does not so you have to adjust the links to not only level the swash but balance the entire weight of the heli. If you use different weight or lenght batteries you will not get consistant flights. After you get your heli stable, stick with the same batteries.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:16 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Please fill me in about the HP08S in the V120D02S I keep reading about. Oversky has 3 different KV rated motors in 1S. How many tooth pinion is suggested? How much is flight time is lossed?
I lost 2 minutes with a HP08S 16500KV & A 8T pinion. Just got thru getting my other HP08S ready for my V2 V120 with a 7T to see if I gain maybe 30 seconds more flight time. Got my HP08S,s from WOW Hobbies.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace81...alkera4g6.aspx
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:26 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Looks like numbers on package have this same number LK508975832CN, others are different. Did the shaft flush up even with the front of the B gear?
No it didn't and the same for my last B gear. If they made the shaft a touch longer and the cut a bit deeper there would be more contact strengthening the D hole.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:30 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Like these?

The main shaft collar won't fit the V120D02S shaft though. It's for the older 4G6, V120d02, M120 and V120D05 shafts. But i think the tail collar fits.
Yes like those. I'm looking to stock sizes for all my shafts on only the V120. When you can only get one buy purchasing a main shaft that's bad.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:40 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Crash Survivor,

The 6 axis RX is a completely different system over your 3 axis RX. Sounds like you have both and flip back and forth. I did the same for a while. I can tell you there is a way to get 100% of the drift out of the 6 axis so that you can have a hands off hover without any stick inputs to fly in one spot.
Take off and see what way she drifts. Set her back down and adjust the ball links from the servos to the swash plate. Take off and hover again. Keep doing this until your side to side hover is dead center and with no drift. You can do the same with the elevator servo link to remove any forward and back drift. In about 15 minutes of flight and adjustment you can get your 6 axis to fly and hover perfectly level with no pulling.
It's very weird because the 3 axis self levels the swash plate for you. The 6 axis does not so you have to adjust the links to not only level the swash but balance the entire weight of the heli. If you use different weight or lenght batteries you will not get consistant flights. After you get your heli stable, stick with the same batteries.
That's what I tried first but with my GCP in 6 axis it worked good, but still went to 3 axis mode. But my 120 V2 ELE did OK but left drift/AIL I could never get it like I wanted until I tilted the RX. I was impressed how good it did after raising the right side.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,115 Posts
Quote:
No it didn't and the same for my last B gear. If they made the shaft a touch longer and the cut a bit deeper there would be more contact strengthening the D hole.
Odd with original B gear after putting the slipper clutch on I was binding big time on my V2, until I put V1 gear on.
Edit: I looked at my new package of gears & like the original gear the shaft would not flush up to the front of the gear.
Last edited by Crash Survivor; Dec 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM.