HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
567 Posts
anyone here know where to get the good old 3-axis rx/gyro again? I crahsed my very last 3-axis gyro and one of the dial came off....i could still fly it but it is very sensitive now and i couldn't do any adjustment ...... i don't like the 6-axis at all to be honest......

so anyone here thinking of selling their 3-ax or know where to get one....please let me know..... =)
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:19 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Devo or WK?

Bob
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:20 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
My V2 with the 6 axis RX always wants to drift to the left from a hover & my V1's never noticed that odd behavior. ej189 I think you on to something. I'm going to lift the receiver of the right side to lean to the left.
Yeah, i find it interesting. In reality i am flying a 3 axis V120D02S, same RX and heli since march. It's a 2801-pro version too. The truth is my V120 piros "Okay". Meaning it pirouettes just as good as my V450 (which is not saying, well, ANYTHING! ) So i can actually go from any orientation and pull a very quick single rotation and it will, for the most part, remain level for that first rotation.. To a small degree, because it still wobbles a tiny bit. I don't foresee a day where i will be able to stabilize a hover, throw my rudder to the left or right and just "sit & spin" till my batteries are dead, like i can basically do with my X5. However, it's sounding like EJ's idea taken from the MCPX and apparently the Genius CP too, might help to stabilize it enough to get 2-3 piros out of it before loosing balance. I am ESPECIALLY hoping i can implement this on the V450, because that is now my main 3D bird because i have two of them. I can crash one and keep going, as i find having a "backup heli" is a requirement and if you pay attention or ask around it also seems like a VERY, VERY, disturbingly common trend with Walkera helicopters. I suppose it could just be a trend with micros, since they are so cheap. But i needed two V450s just so i could have one ready to fly after one of it's "random failures". Sadly they still continue to fail and "lock out" because of the 2702V. So i will probably end up with a AR7200BX on that heli. But in the meantime it would be nice to have somewhat stable piros with the 2702V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
We all had to do this with the Genius to get it to fly right in 6 axis.. Rx has to be parallel with the ground while in hands off hovering in place not tilted like the main blades are.. So we just picked up the right edge of the board and gave it a shot of hot glue to hold it up..
Interesting. My rx is only a circuit board glued to the RX shelf. So i'm pretty sure i can just shim the one side up with a piece of 3M tape or something.

I didn't know people had problems with the Genius CP, you must be mistaken! That 6 axis gyro propelled Walkera right to the top of popularity and technology......That heli is the reason why people were breaking down doors, like black friday, just to get their hands on a 6 axis version of the V120. (sarcasim doesn't go over well in text. But that was meant to be as sarcastic as it comes) I remember when i bought my first heli. The Genius was the first one i looked at, since it was recently released just before the mini. I specifically remember looking around at Align and other big helicopters for ANY professional grade helicopter that had a 6 axis gyro. NOTHING. No one had anything like this. So as the software development industry had thought me. As long as it's "software" or in this case "firmware" you can release any amount of highly defective, even dangerous product and not get in trouble. So i was immediately turned away. Good thing too, apparently. Because no one used the 6 axis mode and the V120 is a better heli for me. Not too long after that Skookum released a 6 axis gyro. Either they released it or i noticed it for the first time. Not sure. But other than Walkera, they are the only one i know of. But comparing them to Walkera on ANYTHING is like comparing apples and oranges. They are both spherical, and thats it. The devil is in the details my friends. In fact, a fellow Gaui X5 pilot that helped me with my build will be replacing his BeastX gyros with a Skookum 3 axis gyro he is getting for xmas. Though, honestly. I can't see it being all THAT much better than a BeastX, if at all. But he seems to think it will be.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 19, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:29 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
anyone here know where to get the good old 3-axis rx/gyro again? I crahsed my very last 3-axis gyro and one of the dial came off....i could still fly it but it is very sensitive now and i couldn't do any adjustment ...... i don't like the 6-axis at all to be honest......

so anyone here thinking of selling their 3-ax or know where to get one....please let me know..... =)
I Google searched & hit on a Devo & 2801
http://www.helipal.com/hm-v120d02s-z...rx2622v-d.html
http://www.helibuy.com/hm-v120d02s-p...26-p-1811.html
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Are you looking for a Devo or WK? I'll have a devo (RX2622V-D) in a few days when my used V120D02S shows up. I ordered a WK for it. I'm still 2801.

RC Heli Partz on e-Bay has one WK left and can still order more:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HM-V120D02S-...item460332f988
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,982 Posts
wow hobbies has some 2622Vs in stock right now (the 2801 version). These come and go very quickly. I never seem to have the money, as is the case right now, when i want to order my spares. Damn things are too expensive. I just know the day will come and i won't be able to get a replacement, at least not in a hurry.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:13 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,194 Posts
misspost
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:30 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,066 Posts
[QUOTE=IntegrityHndywrk;23572201]
Interesting. My rx is only a circuit board glued to the RX shelf. So i'm pretty sure i can just shim the one side up with a piece of 3M tape or something.

Good idea just shim right side up with double sided tape. Friday off & all next week, but a lot of things to be done due to Christmas. If weather permits surely be able to test soon.
Edit: By the way just got my 2nd HP08S 16500KV in today. I'm putting it on the V2 first. I'm just flipping now on my other V120's. Since the V2 is suppose to be more stable I'll practice some inverted. I fly in my front yard close & low. Your video flying in your yard is close to my situation but without your skills.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Last edited by Crash Survivor; Dec 19, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:28 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,982 Posts
[QUOTE=Crash Survivor;23573331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post

Good idea just shim right side up with double sided tape. Friday off & all next week, but a lot of things to be done due to Christmas. If weather permits surely be able to test soon.
Edit: By the way just got my 2nd HP08S 16500KV in today. I'm putting it on the V2 first. I'm just flipping now on my other V120's. Since the V2 is suppose to be more stable I'll practice some inverted. I fly in my front yard close & low. Your video flying in your yard is close to my situation but without your skills.

You know, I would probably benefit from flying in a tight space more often. It breeds in a need for finer control. As you could see on my first flip attempt, i still completely over correct some times and shoot the heli off in different directions. The next few were a little cleaner. But flying in a tight space is probably a good way to practice. Though i can expect even more crashing for a bit regardless of my skill in a open field. The trees and things make me a little nervous too. So i'm not really at 100% either, until i can become a little more comfortable with the enclosed space. I can see this is a place where the DR/Expo switches will be used and getting changed around some.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:12 AM
Joined Jun 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Devo or WK?

Bob
anyone will do honestly...as long as it is 3-AXIS.....
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Jun 2011
567 Posts
thanks for the links guys......crazily priced huh......
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
567 Posts
one question here guys.....if i were gonna get the hp08s motor, what size pinion is the best? =)
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:54 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
one question here guys.....if i were gonna get the hp08s motor, what size pinion is the best? =)
Without changing the ESC to something that can run BLHeli, probably 8t or 9t. If you get an XP-12A, or a Plush 10A or 12A I would go for 10t then govern it down to 4600-4700rpm.

Next spring I'm going to move mine to 2s with a HP08 8000kv and a Plush 10A. Hyperions 320mah 2s fit the battery tray.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:54 AM
Taiwan, Hsinchu City
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
My half piro-flip practice today. The motor is HP08 1S and 10T pinion.
Walkera V120D02S step-by-step half piro flip (2 min 19 sec)
Grant Litmanen is offline Find More Posts by Grant Litmanen
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:17 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
If you wish to go to DEVO I would pay the extra money to get a Devo 10 packaged with a new V120D02S. Then order more slipper clutches and check for me if they have change the "B" gear on the new ones where there is no longer the clearance needed to fit the clutch with out removing a hair of the plastic from the back side of the 'B" gear. I have received a report that the newer replacement gear sets have this change to the "B" gear in the package..
Quote:
Invoice is in the mail.. (Edit) But now see you already just send me some money. Great I'll cancel the invoice..

It was Crash Survivor that sent me a PM about the new gears.

Here is what he told me I don't think he will mind me doing a cut and paste of part of the PM as he is one of my best customers..

" But for your info the new gears have the same part number HM-V120D0S2-Z-11. Difference on package are V1 has 201205110012 & US1308, V2 has 226368500 & 201209110004 & HK2325. This is what I found the new V2 gear set B gear has a bigger tit on the tail boom side which makes it stick out farther up against the tail shaft against the fuel tubing & locking collar. By looking at V2 B gear on the tail drive shaft it doesn't flush up to the end of the D hole, thought I even got a defected tail drive shaft until I put a V1 B gear on it & it was flush which solved the problem. Everything spins great now. I figure for those who have a V2 V120 could sand the tit down some & make it work or put a V1 B gear on if they have one & if they don't it appears they are selling the new V2 cone gear set now & would be out of luck."
Bob,
Slipper clutch has been installed on my V120D02S with the B gear from the package below. It measures 2.66mm in depth. No mods and it runs great.