United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
Here's a few....

piro circuits
inverted funnels
hurricanes...especially inverted reverse hurricanes (hehe hard)
4 point tic tocs

you'll be well on your way to being 'the man' if you can do all those.
I've been working on some stuff but sometimes the wind in the sim just doesn't do me any favors. It just takes flying the real thing in the real wind sometimes. Sims just don't cut it. To be honest, i can do a little more in the sim then i feel comfortable with IRL. It's one of those funny things about inhibitions. But it's more than that. The current problem is the helicopters i feel comfortable on are not as stable or as precise as my X5 and the X5 is too expensive. Sure, someone more talented than me could probably do all those things with my other heli. But when your learning pitch control. With constant winds. Well, if you over do it with the V120, it just can't handle the winds here and down it goes. The v450 is better in the winds. It's okay, but i think it will be better when i end up getting a better gyro on it. It's the only piece of Walkera electronics on the heli left to replace. So, while i do pretty good on the 450. It's not as easy as the X5, after i get over my fears anyway. I've been building up my nerve with the X5. But i really can't afford to crash that. I've just now gotten up the nerve for inverted circuits and lightly doing some reverse flight. I don't know why. But i can do reverse and so much more in the sim, pretty well. I can almost pull off hurricanes pretty well, reverse and inverted all this kind of stuff in the sim. But when i do try it with the real thing it feels very different because of the winds here. Pitch control is always at play and more so with the wind. Experience is always exactly that. No matter how you get it. I get bored lately because i hit it too hard, really.. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. But practice makes the heli flip harder.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
United States, NJ, Evesham Township
Joined Oct 2011
201 Posts
Filed down B gear... The binding is gone, and the heli has power again.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Before I figured it out I thought I ruined my motor & ordered a HP08S 16500KV. Glad I did though, my 8T M4 pinion got in last week & I put the motor on my first V1 V120D02S yesterday. Can't tell much difference in head speed but on flips they are tight now, no bogging so flipping low is sweet. But I did loose 2 minutes of flight time, timer set at 4 & a half minutes now, stock 600ma batteries.
Dave O is offline Find More Posts by Dave O
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Oh, come on. I'm not really that good. I'm sure if you got to fly every single day (before daylight savings time) you would be doing better too. I just do things like this. I go FULL OUT or i don't do it at all. The problem is, now that i'm at the very much intermediate level. I'm getting board. I think it might be time to hit the sim hard again and practice some new moves like piro flips! I'm sure that will keep me from getting bored.
You seem to be flying a lot. I have been doing the same and have flown 1200 packs since early May. During that time, my Internet business completely tanked and it is probably about time that I pay more attention to it. I don't think I could have prevented what happened but I could definitely have spent much more time in trying to make a recovery.

I will be sending off my Devo 12 to Walkera for repair soon. It will take at least a month and perhaps I will take a big break then.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
I only started in september, but have been able to fly 4 packs almost every day (let's say 50% of the days including rain, high winds ...). I am super happy with my improvements.
Thanks to you guys, I can now flip very easily front, back and both sides ... I can chain them really fast.
What also helps a lot is kdbb main blades, they are faster and also I did not break a part since I got them (IntegrityHndywrk said at some point the light weight might help a lot to avoid breaking parts).
Now I need to move on to new tricks, I think you have to always have new goals if you want to keep the motivation. I'll find some new tricks
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
I pulled the pin plug off an old CB100 motor & put on it. Wanted to stay plug & play if I want to put that motor on one of my other 3 V120D02S's later on. Starts up great & working good.
I use 1.5mm bullet connectors like these:

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...0&pid=D2118536

They work great will very low loss if any. My HP08 16,500kv with 7T pinion and these connectors work as well as direct soldering. They are also pretty light weight.

Good Luck, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
I use 1.5mm bullet connectors like these:

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...0&pid=D2118536

They work great will very low loss if any. My HP08 16,500kv with 7T pinion and these connectors work as well as direct soldering. They are also pretty light weight.

Good Luck, Don
I ordered a 7T also but put the 8T on & getting 4 1/2 minute run time with stock battery down to around 3.8 volts. What run time are you getting with the 7T? Those 1.5mm bullets looks like a good way to go.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, OR, Vernonia
Joined Dec 2004
126 Posts
I have just switched to The 130X blades and it does make the plane flip much faster. I didnt have to doing any tuning on my bird. Mike
iflyrvs1 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrvs1
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:46 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
You seem to be flying a lot. I have been doing the same and have flown 1200 packs since early May. During that time, my Internet business completely tanked and it is probably about time that I pay more attention to it. I don't think I could have prevented what happened but I could definitely have spent much more time in trying to make a recovery.

I will be sending off my Devo 12 to Walkera for repair soon. It will take at least a month and perhaps I will take a big break then.
What happened to your Devo?
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:45 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrvs1 View Post
I have just switched to The 130X blades and it does make the plane flip much faster. I didnt have to doing any tuning on my bird. Mike
For me i had to turn down the cyclic ext and the gyros or it would wobble like mad in the wind. I also had to add a little expo to the pitch curve to soften the middle travel just a bit, to smooth out the, now much more sensitive pitch controls. I have since went back to linear though now that i'm used to the added authority.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
What happened to your Devo?
It is the screen as well: I have got a couple of large black circles. Initially I thought they were molds because some rain water has leaked in. But now I think it is the same problem as others have reported.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
I ordered a 7T also but put the 8T on & getting 4 1/2 minute run time with stock battery down to around 3.8 volts. What run time are you getting with the 7T? Those 1.5mm bullets looks like a good way to go.
I run 400mah OS 20C batteries and have my timer set to 4:00 and they are at 3.8v at the end. With the 7T and the lighter battery it is a nice compromise on performance vs flight time. I haven't tried an 8T but I think the 20C batteries would have trouble due to higher current.

Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:52 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Walkera had finally release upgrade alloy head for the d02s. And it is made of really alloy, not the really soft one.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Last edited by ehirobo; Dec 13, 2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:13 AM
Joined Oct 2012
136 Posts
Hello Ehirobo,

do you have the upgread head already on stock? I can't find it

Would be a nice upgrade,

Rgds
crasy666
Crasy666 is offline Find More Posts by Crasy666
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:43 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasy666 View Post
Hello Ehirobo,

do you have the upgread head already on stock? I can't find it

Would be a nice upgrade,

Rgds
crasy666
That's the first sample. taking pre order now and should arrive sometime next week.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:58 PM
indonesia
Joined Sep 2009
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Walkera had finally release upgrade alloy head for the d02s. And it is made of really alloy, not the really soft one.
Good news.... but so much pricey.... I will waiting for the reviews first before order due the price is so fantastic according to my pocket.
yoyoncm is offline Find More Posts by yoyoncm