Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
I haven't seen this one.... Anyone else use this? Jeez, it's worth a try. I just want to be able to fly for a while without having to work on this thing all the time.

By the way, it says on the diagram that the stock parts are grayed out, but it shows a little spacer between his gear shim and the B gear. I don't have that on mine.
After reading Tom's review I ordered one this morning when they were restocked. Didn't know why Bob didn't respond before, but now I know he is away.

Ben's looks nice and hopefully I'll have it soon
quikster is offline Find More Posts by quikster
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:02 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Jakarta
Joined Nov 2012
50 Posts
hello guys..i got my v120d02s on maiden flight today,and 3 crashed were made and finally when i flew it back,it goes up and spinning around like the tail not holding its position..can i ask which part that i broke??the servo tail?i checked the gear on the tail clutch ,it still solid and not losing any grip..thanks for the answers guyss
valestrife is offline Find More Posts by valestrife
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:22 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Have you checked the D hole has not rounded where the main gear meets the tail gear on the underneath of the heli (can't remember proper name for it!), I had the same thing as you and it was this that had gone.

Hope this helps.
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:35 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valestrife View Post
hello guys..i got my v120d02s on maiden flight today,and 3 crashed were made and finally when i flew it back,it goes up and spinning around like the tail not holding its position..can i ask which part that i broke??the servo tail?i checked the gear on the tail clutch ,it still solid and not losing any grip..thanks for the answers guyss
Hold your main blades & turn your tail rotor & see if it still solid and not losing any grip.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Nov 2012
50 Posts
If it solid then the tail shouldnt move right?
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Nov 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Have you checked the D hole has not rounded where the main gear meets the tail gear on the underneath of the heli (can't remember proper name for it!), I had the same thing as you and it was this that had gone.

Hope this helps.
What to do if i found the d holes has not rounded?

Thankss
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:46 AM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,110 Posts
Quote:
What to do if i found the d holes has not rounded?

Thankss
Another thing to check is your tail servo, sometimes it will slide down the boom in a crash which limits your tail pitch in one direction.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Last edited by candy76man; Dec 01, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:24 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
If it solid then the tail shouldnt move right?
Correct, if a D hole is bad while holding the main blades & the tail blades can be turned you have an O out D hole. Also check your main shaft locking collar. Push the main gear up against the frame & make sure the locking collar is all the way down on the top of the frame.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Nov 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Correct, if a D hole is bad while holding the main blades & the tail blades can be turned you have an O out D hole. Also check your main shaft locking collar. Push the main gear up against the frame & make sure the locking collar is all the way down on the top of the frame.
i have checked by holding the main blade and the tail is hardly to move..so im guessing it still solid, i think main gear is not a problem because my bird did fly,but keep spinning..the point still around the tail boom to the tail gear and servo..but thanks for the advance and i have checked it too..
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Nov 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Another thing to check is your tail servo, sometimes it will slide down the boom in a crash which limits your tail pitch in one direction.
whats is the common behaviour for this problem?i have checked my tail servo and it not move a thing , it stays solid with the screw and servo holder..it doesnt slide down the boom..
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:24 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
whats is the common behaviour for this problem?i have checked my tail servo and it not move a thing , it stays solid with the screw and servo holder..it doesnt slide down the boom..
Make sure your mix switch on TX is in up position & set for around 80%.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:24 AM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,110 Posts
Quote:
the servo holder that wraps around the boom can slide back and forth is what I mean. the two screws on the back side of it press on the boom to keep it in position but it can move in a crash, just loosen those screws, turn off the adj. switch on the rx and make sure the servo is positioned so that the tail pitch is zero when the servo is in it's centered position.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Nov 2012
50 Posts
quick question guys..does the servo saver mods in v120d02s same like in genius CP?i just cut the servo arm into half and place it back again?thanks guys
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Apr 2010
805 Posts
Quote:
quick question guys..does the servo saver mods in v120d02s same like in genius CP?i just cut the servo arm into half and place it back again?thanks guys
I have not personally done this mod, but yes, it is the same procedure.

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:56 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Did you ever figure out your problem?