HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,102 Posts
It does look like you put the C gear on instead of the B on the tail drive shaft. The B has a larger diameter than the C which goes on the tail rotor shaft.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
It's hard to tell from the picture but I think you may have put a C gear on instead of a B gear... I think the B is thicker and wider than the C but I don't have mine infront of me to confirm.

BTW, Gears go in order of distance from the main shaft so Main, A, B and C.

Thanks, I appreciate it. It's definitely the right gear on there, I just did something minor in my reassembly which is preventing the friction needed to keep the tail rotor spinning. If I could keep the gear pressed down, it should work. I don't know why it's doing that. This is my first helicopter that's got a shaft driven tail rotor. Jeez, I would think there would have to be a better way of doing it than this. And I really like Walkera.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,564 Posts
Hey guys just wondering if you guys are looking for an m120 with a dx02s Devo rx and ta215 motor installed in it. It also comes with tons of brand new parts and a aluminum carrying case and stock walkera rx and tx. I have pics of everything I've dropped my price like crazy I'm only asking $250 for everything. I have over $200 in brand new parts for it. You won't need to buy any parts for a very long time lol.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
No, I definitely did something wrong.... I plugged it in for the first time to see what happens, and as soon as I throttled up, the gear flew off!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
CRAP!

I think I DID put a C gear on there!!!!!!!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:06 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,102 Posts
In the process of installing Bob's slipper clutch I had the C gear D hole rounded out for installation & at the time my 2 year old daughter got home, now she is 2 & a half so I put every thing away so she wouldn't spread it all out in the carpet. When she went to bed I got it all back out & picked up a B gear which D hole was rounded out from a crash & put in place of where the C gear was suppose to go. Took me a little while to figure out why it was binding so bad. How I figured it out was I took another V12D02S off the shelf & compared.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
CRAP!

I think I DID put a C gear on there!!!!!!!
Hehe, happens to all of us. I once spent an hour trying to get a D02S main gear onto my M120
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
In the process of installing Bob's slipper clutch I had the C gear D hole rounded out for installation & at the time my 2 year old daughter got home, now she is 2 & a half so I put every thing away so she wouldn't spread it all out in the carpet. When she went to bed I got it all back out & picked up a B gear which D hole was rounded out from a crash & put in place of where the C gear was suppose to go. Took me a little while to figure out why it was binding so bad. How I figured it out was I took another V12D02S off the shelf & compared.
You guys are making me feel better... Meanwhile I'm crawling around on the floor like an idiot looking for this damn gear....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Quote:
You guys are making me feel better... Meanwhile I'm crawling around on the floor like an idiot looking for this damn gear....
Turn off the lights and walk around the room barefoot. Works every time.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:31 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Quote:
What I've found over the years dropping these small pieces on the floor and spending endless minutes/hours searching for them is, I just give up looking after a short time. I'll walk into the room later, look down and there it is in PLAIN SITE, happens all the time...go figure.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:16 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,102 Posts
Updated the firmware on my V120 & MCP receiver today. Just got thru test flying both of them, could tell no difference on my V120, probably already had the latest firmware but the UP02 program it always says V1.0 not V1.1 after you upgrade, which I thinks sucks. But the MCP I use to fly around with 80% dual rate on AILE cause it would want to dump on me with FF banked turns, but back to 100% AILE it did great. Hard to tell, maybe I'm just getting better.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:41 PM
Taiwan, Hsinchu City
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate it. It's definitely the right gear on there, I just did something minor in my reassembly which is preventing the friction needed to keep the tail rotor spinning. If I could keep the gear pressed down, it should work. I don't know why it's doing that. This is my first helicopter that's got a shaft driven tail rotor. Jeez, I would think there would have to be a better way of doing it than this. And I really like Walkera.
Whenever you found some gap between the B gear and the bearing, pull out the tail boom a little to fill it! Especially after you modifying the B gear.
And also drip some CA on torque tube then assemble the B gear at the first time to prevent the notorious D hole round. Clean the redundant CA by a sharp knife after assembly.
Grant Litmanen is offline Find More Posts by Grant Litmanen
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Aug 2006
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Litmanen View Post
Whenever you found some gap between the B gear and the bearing, pull out the tail boom a little to fill it! Especially after you modifying the B gear.
And also drip some CA on torque tube then assemble the B gear at the first time to prevent the notorious D hole round. Clean the redundant CA by a sharp knife after assembly.
so you drip the CA on the torque tube, let it dry then install the B gear. is this correct?? at times i am almost tempted to CA the B gear to the torque tube realizing how such a small meat of the D-hole is actually holding onto the torque tube! at least the A gear in front has more beef holding onto the tube.

i think you can even get away gluing both A and B gears to the torque tube if you install a tail slipper clutch, which for now is looming asap for me to do! hehe
hawk01 is offline Find More Posts by hawk01
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:51 PM
Taiwan
Joined Oct 2007
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Uhm... No, the v120 does not come out of the box flying like that. But the 130X does....
Many video of 130X were not flown right out of the box either. IMO, they are all good without moding just in different style.
I believe that many of you can't get through such mods and tuning like I have done, but I have point a way for you to aim for.

My V120s now all using stock tail baldes but why I can fly fast in backward? That just a tuning skill to maximize tail pitch throw and also equal in both directions. That will not keep from instant turn but last higher speed.

There are still many things can play with, I have learned much from NANO CPX!
Why can such a weak power do 3D aerobatic? Why can it feel so agile but fly stable? Why can it pirouette without huge lean?

I will not blame stock power of V120 after flew the NANO CPX, the key is fast cyclic only.
I will not blame pirouette leaning on V120 after I saw the gyro lean to left on NANO CPX.

I have done on V120 are just larger cyclic rate, larger exponential curve, lean Rx to left a bit.

I am going to upgrade my NANO CPX to brushless motor these days, that cost more than my V120's mods. I will not value it just by the amount of money but through the process I'll learn, That's my playing on RC.
ej189 is online now Find More Posts by ej189
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Aug 2006
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej189 View Post
Yes, it's Xtreme Spin 1S 16300KV motor with my nearly one year old stock battery, but also has a lighting weight to fly easily.

Hand landing is a habit keeping from the grass hurting bevel gears. But I don't worry any more now with a front metal bevel gear and the slipper clutch system . The video shows how durable it is.
hi ej189,

as always amazing flying you do! are you still using the stock ESC with the Xtreme Spin motor? if not, then what esc are you using and is it plug and play for both aftermarket esc and motor?

also, what tail clutch are you using? did you glue the A and B gears to the torque tube now that you have a tail clutch?
hawk01 is offline Find More Posts by hawk01