Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
Have you updated it's firmware?

There is a version 1.1 on the Walkera site since 2012/08/23:
http://www.walkera.com/cn/soft_up/so...20V120D02S.zip
no..... I would have to buy that update adapter to update the firmware wouldn't I ??
Do you think the updated firmware would make a difference with the ff flight issue on mine?

Has anyone here had the unstable ff flight and fixed or at least improved it by updating the firmware on the rx?
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:52 AM
Joined May 2011
654 Posts
I don't know.
The description is short as usual:
Quote:
Note:
1: Itís necessary to use the UP02 and UP02 adaptor for this upgrade steps.
2: The program provides improved throttle lock set a negative value appears related death, throttle BUG
...but they might improve other things as well...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:24 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
980 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the new version this morning from AC-RC Hobby for 177.00 shipped. If I remember right zadaw posted that it's his local hobby shop & that's how I found out about them. I just started for about a month now flipping & flying inverted with my MCP & it has been a blast. Once I get flipping & flying inverted more perfected I'll try it on the new version 120D02S when it gets here & then my three 3 axis ones, 1 Devo RX & 2 older Walkera RX's & compare the difference between the RX versions.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:11 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
980 Posts
I installed deviation on my 8s last night and I just can't figure out the menus well enough to set up my helis so I am going back to the devention firmware...however I can't get on Walkeras website to download it, times out everytime Anyone know of any other site that hosts the latest firmware because I can't find it anywhere and I want to go out and fly
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined May 2011
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
I installed deviation on my 8s last night and I just can't figure out the menus well enough to set up my helis so I am going back to the devention firmware...however I can't get on Walkeras website to download it, times out everytime Anyone know of any other site that hosts the latest firmware because I can't find it anywhere and I want to go out and fly
I don't know other hosts, but at least here are the direct links:
http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:47 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
I don't know other hosts, but at least here are the direct links:
http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php
yeah, I've been trying there for the last hour with no luck....are you able to get on walkeras website at all right now? It's always been painfully slow but I can't get it at all now.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:51 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
980 Posts
I can get to FDR site & get to the downloads but not Walkera's.
No FDR direct links are timing out also.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:01 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
I can get to FDR site & get to the downloads but not Walkera's.
No FDR direct links are timing out also.
Walkera's site must be down for some reason.

Anyone happen to have a copy of the latest devo 8s software they could throw in dropbox for me to download?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:04 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
Joined Nov 2010
199 Posts
Quote:
yeah, I've been trying there for the last hour with no luck....are you able to get on walkeras website at all right now? It's always been painfully slow but I can't get it at all now.
I also had some trouble programming a new model into the Deviation firmware for the first time. What helped me was going to the Deviation forum, and downloading model config files uploaded by other users. There's a nice V120D02s one on there that will give you a basic setup that you can tweak to your liking.
Couchking is offline Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:39 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchking View Post
I also had some trouble programming a new model into the Deviation firmware for the first time. What helped me was going to the Deviation forum, and downloading model config files uploaded by other users. There's a nice V120D02s one on there that will give you a basic setup that you can tweak to your liking.
+1, don't give up so quickly
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:15 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Walkera's site must be down for some reason.

Anyone happen to have a copy of the latest devo 8s software they could throw in dropbox for me to download?
I don't know about dropbox, but the files are not large. If you pm me your email address, I can pass them along.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
From appearance. It is mounted on top of a plastic shelf? That alone is a big help i think with signal loss or "CF shadowing" from the large heli frame. You also have the antennas positioned in the proper shape and direction for antenna polarization and they are not near the frame, really. They are exposed out the side and back away from the frame. This is good.
It's mounted on top of the boom holder with the FBL gyro mounted on the receiver tray (didn't want the gyro on the boom holder where it would get more vibrations). These pictures show it better.

The Plush 60A was supposed to be temporary untill the YEP80A I have backordered arrives which is why the wire isn't sleeved. It's become obvious now that won't be for a while so I've since sleeved the throttle wire properly. All of the wires between the RX and FBL are run though one sleeve with the plugs color coded. I've flown it pretty far out and flipped it without issues, I don't do hard 3D though. However at almost any angle at least one of the antennas is poking out from behind the frame somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post

That looks like a Tarot? Is that the one you just got a few weeks back? Something like that? They are shaping up to be one of my favorite brands right now! I'm thinking of later building something by them. /shrug. I have almost everything i need now besides that nano. I might do a new 250 soon. I'll bet they have a nice one.
Tarot 500 with a bunch of aftermarket upgrades added. Except for the lynxheli canopy locks and CF rudder pushrod which I added after those pictures and gorilla gear none were actually necessary. And those three are necessary even on a real Trex in my opinion. Especially gorilla gear, it will save you a lot in crash costs and repair times. If it gets bent up in a crash you can just toss it into boiling water for a minute and bend it back into shape.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Nov 08, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:33 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
5,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
I pulled the trigger on the new version this morning from AC-RC Hobby for 177.00 shipped. If I remember right zadaw posted that it's his local hobby shop & that's how I found out about them. I just started for about a month now flipping & flying inverted with my MCP & it has been a blast. Once I get flipping & flying inverted more perfected I'll try it on the new version 120D02S when it gets here & then my three 3 axis ones, 1 Devo RX & 2 older Walkera RX's & compare the difference between the RX versions.
I was at their shop yesterday and they definitely had the 6 axis V120D02S in stock. The last time I checked, they were retailing it for $160 and so you are getting a good deal. It is the first time they have shipped complete helis. They are also an authorized Tarot vendor. At least if your receiver gets broken, you should be able to access Walkera's repair service through them.

I am sure you will find learning 3D easier with the 6 axis V120D02S than either the 3 axis version.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:38 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
5,996 Posts
Quote:
You're lucky...I can't seem to get rid of mines tendency to buck in ff flight and occasionally just completely flare upwards if I get going too fast. My old v120 with the 2801pro compatible rx was rock solid at any speed. I think I'm going to put deviation on my devo8s and go back to the old v120rx.

edit....are there two versions of the devo rx out for the v120d02s? How do I tell which I have, is the rx model name different? Mine is the RX2636H-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
I had two V120D02's set up exactly the same with same stock motors but one with the 3 axis and one with the 6 axis. Every time I took them out to fly I would crash the 6 axis during the first pack. I tried out the 6 axis for about a month or two and finally took it out. I used it for a while in my V120D05 and it was no better. Too much pitch up and bucking on fast forward flight. I tuned the gyro pot in every which way with no improvment. I tend to not fly very level and the 6 axis was just not forgiving at all. It WANTS to be level all the time so for my flying style it didn't work. I found I was constantly fighting it and it made flips, rolls, and steep banking very difficult. The RX2622V-D (3 axis) is still the favorite with me. Now days I hardly crash unless I have a mechanical failure.
So far, it seems that the problems reported for the 6 axis version mainly appears in FFF. I have never flown full-speed FFF with it and this may explain why I haven't seen any problems. I suspect that if the heli settles on a constant speed for some time, the accelerometers will react much more than if you were flying small circuits with much more frequent input corrections. This is because flying at a fast constant speed is like hovering to the accelerometers. I have been experiencing the same sort of problems that you reported with my Master CP. However, the effect seems to be less when there is wind around as the heli gets pushed around more often. Otherwise, I find flying mild 3D much pleasant than with the 3 axis version.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 08, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:30 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I don't know about dropbox, but the files are not large. If you pm me your email address, I can pass them along.

Rafa
Thanks rafa, I'de take you up on that but walkeras website started working again finally so I've already downloaded the files I need