HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:58 AM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
They changed the balls to larger ones in the S version. I would use the smaller balls for your servo arm with the correct ball link. I do this and it doesn't really matter.
What you could do with the smaller balls are to use it with the linkage rod from the older v120 or 4g6. of coz u will need to change the servo horn on the tail servo too....if not you can use the rod with one end on the S linkage and the other with the smaller 4g6 linkage.....
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined Jun 2008
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
What you could do with the smaller balls are to use it with the linkage rod from the older v120 or 4g6. of coz u will need to change the servo horn on the tail servo too....if not you can use the rod with one end on the S linkage and the other with the smaller 4g6 linkage.....
That's exactly what i did when i broke the servo horn on the rudder servo...
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:09 AM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
i just saw ej using his devo10 to control his older version of d02s. how did he do that? a firmware update? it would b awesome if i could use the devo10 to control all the new walkeras.... =)
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:24 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,196 Posts
Quote:
i just saw ej using his devo10 to control his older version of d02s. how did he do that? a firmware update? it would b awesome if i could use the devo10 to control all the new walkeras.... =)
Magic Cube

or

http://www.deviationtx.com

Devo 10 support is almost there, I already have a pre-alpha version on mine. Keep an eye on it, it's not ready for public release yet, but it's coming along.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:51 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,328 Posts
Quote:
I would have thought he is using a Devo version of the receiver. I don't think he has the alpha version of the Deviation firmware installed yet. Anyway, the deviation firmware is worth a check as it is causing a big stir right now.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:58 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I would have thought he is using a Devo version of the receiver. I don't think he has the alpha version of the Deviation firmware installed yet. Anyway, the deviation firmware is worth a check as it is causing a big stir right now.
Yes, the first version was available with the Devo receiver as well. That's what I have.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:34 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,373 Posts
It's been a little bit since i took the D02S up. It's been wanting to spread it's wings. I have to say, the Gaui X5 being so big has had a surprising effect on how i fly all my other heli. I've been calling it the "Gaui Effect" even though i'm sure any big heli would have had me feeling much more comfortable on my 450 and smaller heli. Anyway, here is the video. Maybe one of my best D02S Flights? It was pretty fun either way.

V120D02S Pro 3D and inverted flight 11 04 12 (5 min 17 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Magic Cube

or

http://www.deviationtx.com

Devo 10 support is almost there, I already have a pre-alpha version on mine. Keep an eye on it, it's not ready for public release yet, but it's coming along.

Yup ... I'm already flying a Nano Cpx & WK 3 Axis V120D02s with a devo10.

Currently you have to install the c++ compiler and libraries, and compile the source code yourself. (full instrcutions are provided.)

These are only guesses but I 'd say a ready to install DFU will be downloadable within 2 weeks ... I'd be very surprised if it took longer than 1 month from now.
rangebound is offline Find More Posts by rangebound
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Just noticed theres a compiled Alpha version of Deviation for the Devo10 available already for download from

http://www.deviationtx.com/media/kun...il10-alpha.zip

All you need is an installed Walkera Dfuse program .....

1) Install Walkera Dfuse program
2) plug Tx into computer USB port hold Ext button and turn Tx on.
3) If the driver for the Tx is not automatically installed then point the driver install wizard to the file STtube.inf (can be found where Dfuse was installed to)

To install Deviation :

1) unzip the above download file
2) run Walkera Dfuse tool
3) connect Tx to USB and turn on holding Ext button
4) select the Devo10.DFU file in the Dfuse software
5) click upgrage button
6) wait till Dfuse is finished and then turn off Tx
7) close Dfuse
8) Turn on Tx holding the Ent button
9) the Tx will now appear as a Flash drive in explorer or similar
10) copy over all other files and folders (not the devo10.DFU) from the zip file to the flash drive.
11) turn off Tx and unplug USB
12) use Tx with Deviation software

You'll need to setup your own models but there are some good starting points to be downloaded from here :

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
Just noticed theres a compiled Alpha version of Deviation for the Devo10 available already for download from

3) If the driver for the Tx is not automatically installed then point the driver install wizard to the file STtube.inf (can be found where Dfuse was installed to)

To install Deviation :

5) click upgrage button
7) close Dfuse
10) copy over all other files and folders (not the devo10.DFU) from the zip file to the flash drive.

You'll need to setup your own models but there are some good starting points to be downloaded from here :

thanks for the heads up. sounds like a risky update.....will that delete all my current model settings as i've spent quite some time setting up my helis on it.....
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:26 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post

To install Deviation :

5) click upgrage button
7) close Dfuse

Quote:
thanks for the heads up. sounds like a risky update.....will that delete all my current model settings as i've spent quite some time setting up my helis on it.....

Thanks for posting this rangebound. I just installed it in my Devo 10 and it works great.
I was able to bind with my Mini CP and 4G6. I no longer have my mCPX or I would try it also.

I am thinking of making step by step HD videos for updating the firmware to the
deviation firmware, how to bind, and show the menus.

When I installed the deviation firmware my models were no longer there.
I backed mine up before the update. I went back to the original Devo 10
firmware and my models are now there again and everything works fine.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Not really risky as the bootloader section isn't touched so you can happily flip back and forth between Devention and Deviation. Just don't part flash - though even then you should be able to recover but best not to chance it - make sure your batteries are charged and also plug it into a external power supply for extra safety.

As far as the models, Devention models are not overwritten but are not accessible from Deviation.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Not really risky as the bootloader section isn't touched so you can happily flip back and forth between Devention and Deviation. Just don't part flash - though even then you should be able to recover but best not to chance it - make sure your batteries are charged and also plug it into a external power supply for extra safety.

As far as the models, Devention models are not overwritten but are not accessible from Deviation.
uhm u mean i can choose btw the 2 programmes? just like windows running on mac.....?
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
uhm u mean i can choose btw the 2 programmes? just like windows running on mac.....?
Yes and No.

You cant select to use either Devention or Deviation when you turn on the Tx

But you can reinstall either Devention or Deviation at any time by connecting to PC and using Dfuse program.

However once you are familiar with Deviation, and have you models setup I doubt you'll want to go back to Devention because Deviation will talk to a Devo Rx anyway.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Thanks for posting this rangebound. I just installed it in my Devo 10 and it works great.
I was able to bind with my Mini CP and 4G6. I no longer have my mCPX or I would try it also.

I am thinking of making step by step HD videos for updating the firmware to the
deviation firmware, how to bind, and show the menus.

When I installed the deviation firmware my models were no longer there.
I backed mine up before the update. I went back to the original Devo 10
firmware and my models are now there again and everything works fine.

Tom
Hey Tom ... Videos would be a great help for the lesser techy pilots, and
I think it would be really helpful (for everyone) to have a vid that walks through a heli setup showing how the new software relates to the more standard way of doing things. EG how to set TravAdj etc.

BTW is that a FB 4G6 you have setup. I still havent looked into how to setup flybarred swash mixes. If it is I'd be real grateful if I could get a copy of the ini file.