SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:25 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Very interesting. So the plot thickens. I wonder if all this is actually causing a supply line disruption to these other US vendors. I don't know why clubheli and helidirect are on clearance with the WK stuff. But i would assume it's a problem getting distribution here, especially if they got their stuff from these alternative vendors for a lesser profit. Since both of these US vendors sell other large names besides WK like Align, Gaui, MKS, and others. I can only imagine they carry Walkera to cover the starting market. The new guys coming into the hobby. But maybe, with the new changes Walkera is making. These guys might have just decided to liquidate and drop support for WK products. I'm not sure.
What I am a bit concerned is that they are trying to push Internet sales towards HobbyOne. They have a close relationship with HobbyOne and may even own it. Last year, Walkera was dumped by many vendors because of steep price rises.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:26 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
What I am a bit concerned is that they are trying to push Internet sales towards HobbyOne. They have a close relationship with HobbyOne and may even own it. Last year, Walkera was dumped by many vendors because of steep price rises.
I would be fine with everyone having to deal direct with HobbyOne, if it was owned by Walkera and it would mean added support or better warranty support or something for all these price increases Walkera has been sneaking in though the last few years. Who knows, maybe this is the type of restructuring that is taking place. It could be a good thing for US customers. But it's hard to tell at this point what the real agenda is.

Thank god the new 2702V wow sent me with the long antenna wires was not locking out on me. 4 packs and still going. I'm starting to just let the heli loose a bit more now. I'm tired of restraining myself with it to prevent myself from thumbing it into the ground, only to have walkera do it for me with a lock out. So i'm going to be doing more with this heli now.

V450D01 - 11-01-12 - Time to start cutting loose (4 min 51 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:39 AM
Joined Mar 2011
410 Posts
does anyone know where i can get some non-black main rotor blades for this V120D02S? I really like it, but man, it's tricky to see
thanks!
PonyBoy1973 is offline Find More Posts by PonyBoy1973
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:44 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy1973 View Post
does anyone know where i can get some non-black main rotor blades for this V120D02S? I really like it, but man, it's tricky to see
thanks!
Pimp it up with some Solo Pro 180 blades. I have them on mine, both main and tail. Mains are basically the same (except weight which I haven't measured) and tails are a bit smaller, but still work fine on my V120.

They are both white, so really easy to see. If Nine Eagles (r) on the mains disturbes you, just sand it off, like I did. I'll post some pictures later.
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:44 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy1973 View Post
thanks!
hi,

yes you can use the Blade 130x blades, they come in various colours. Wherever you get your WK spares should stock 130x spares. I have some yellow ones but not fitted them yet, apparently it flies better with those also.
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Apr 2010
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEFlyer View Post
I haven't had time to read through all the posts but this thread seems like any other heli thread with various issues about the helicopter and various ways to upgrade. Working on a heli won't bother me as I like to see how things work anyway. I guess it boils down to how often you have to make repairs.

So I'm looking to switch from a co-axial helicopter to this one. Seems like I can get parts readily for it from visiting some online stores and I'd like to move to the next level in learning with a CP helicopter. I have Real Flight 6 that I have been practicing my hovering and forward flight. Still need more work in that area but the build on this model looks similar to the larger park flyers like the 250s and 450, which I hope to get in another year or two. So it seems like a good stepping stone but you can't always go by ads for products, which the ads I see for this one says is a good next step heli to get into CP helis.

After getting the basics down for real, I hoping this will be my practice heli down the road for aerobatics before I then try it out on a 250 or 450.

So what's some options as I like the size of the heli? Thank you in advance.
Hi,
Another option to consider-- going from coax to CP is a pretty big leap, I'm sure you can do it esp. if you keep up on the sim time, but expect to crash a lot. You might want to think about going single blade FP first-- the Walkera V120D01 is a great FP bird and actually handles pretty close to a CP (in the sense that it is not a self-stabilizing heli like the blade 120SR is), but has much lower headspeed and is even more durable. It has the same basic layout as the V120D02S so you'll get familiar with how to repair both helis.

ALso, since the headspeed is lower, the D01 is better for indoor flight. I have both helis and still fly both of them...

FInal note, you don't need the slipper clutch on the D01 either due to lower headspeeds (I think I stripped maybe 3 tail gears with over 200 crashes...)

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:59 AM
Joined Mar 2011
410 Posts
thanks for the responses on the main blades, all! i'll go get some
PonyBoy1973 is offline Find More Posts by PonyBoy1973
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:26 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
hi,

yes you can use the Blade 130x blades, they come in various colours. Wherever you get your WK spares should stock 130x spares. I have some yellow ones but not fitted them yet, apparently it flies better with those also.
130X blade do perform better than anything else i've tried, but the heli also needs some tweeking to fly smoothly. Often the gyro will need to be almost turned all the way down. Otherwise, personal preference from there.

EDIT!!!!

NOTICE I am using a 3 axis RX on my heli. So when i say the gyros need to be turned down. This could cause problems with the 6 axis. I have no idea how that will react in 3d with 130X blades or how the gyro needs to be adjusted.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Nov 03, 2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:52 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,172 Posts
Pics of the Solo Pro 180 blades. I'm happy with them so far. Mains come NE branded on top, I just gently sanded off the paint.

EDIT: mains + tail ~ $5 from HK. Totally worth it.
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:42 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Pics of the Solo Pro 180 blades. I'm happy with them so far. Mains come NE branded on top, I just gently sanded off the paint.

EDIT: mains + tail ~ $5 from HK. Totally worth it.
I wish i knew the tail blades fit a long time ago. I'd bet those blades are just as good or better than the stock blades too. I know a lot of people were using them for mains. Good call on sanding the labeling off. Looks good now.

Since it's show and tell
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:21 PM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
519 Posts
need servo balls !!

I just re built a 120 S and I'm pretty much there exept I'm missing servo balls !!!
where do you get them or what do they come with ?
or
does anyone have some extra ones?? need 3 can probably trade for some other parts,,,
thanks
joliecoeur13 is online now Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:46 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
I just re built a 120 S and I'm pretty much there exept I'm missing servo balls !!!
where do you get them or what do they come with ?
or
does anyone have some extra ones?? need 3 can probably trade for some other parts,,,
thanks
Best bet is to buy 3 tail rockers. They each come with a ball and are only about $3 each.

Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:29 AM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Best bet is to buy 3 tail rockers. They each come with a ball and are only about $3 each.

ok thanks , did they change the balls on the S series? for some reason I have a bunch of smaller balls ???
I also found the Extreme metal servo horns , looks like they come with balls also ...
joliecoeur13 is online now Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Dec 2010
35 Posts
anyone came across the tail error during flight after simultaniously flip. The tail
somchai6813 is offline Find More Posts by somchai6813
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:44 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
ok thanks , did they change the balls on the S series? for some reason I have a bunch of smaller balls ???
I also found the Extreme metal servo horns , looks like they come with balls also ...
They changed the balls to larger ones in the S version. I would use the smaller balls for your servo arm with the correct ball link. I do this and it doesn't really matter.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw