SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:47 AM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
The KDBB 130x main blades made a HUGE difference. You just have to retune the heli to fly properly. I had to reduce pitch gain.
I received my kdbb main blades, they look really nice. I'll wait for the week-end to take the time to make the setup and test it.
What do you mean by reduce pitch gain? Never seen such a param on the TX nor on the RX.
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Apr 2010
833 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that is why i'm leaning toward Spektrum. I kind of want a nano. But you know. I might not ever get one. First i have to sort out my big heli situation and then i can get into trying some other things. I still feel like the 200 size is one of my favorites if you get one that performs well. The small ones are cool, but the 200 is just a step above. I might just have to go all Gaui and get the X5 AND x2. Check this thing out. It's a very big 250, more like a 300. So it might be a while before i get back into the real micros.

http://youtu.be/MoFpkiC8mF8
I've flow a Gaui 200 Flybar for about 2 years now and have been super impressed. It is nice to have a heli where you can pick the servos/rx/tx/gyros...
If I destroyed my 200 I'd pick up an X2. One think I really like about the V120D02S (3 axis) is the abilty to turn down the gyro pots-- I have mine set up to be actually harder to fly than my Gaui 200 flybar, and that makes it a great trainer.

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:04 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju204 View Post
I received my kdbb main blades, they look really nice. I'll wait for the week-end to take the time to make the setup and test it.
What do you mean by reduce pitch gain? Never seen such a param on the TX nor on the RX.
Well, i'm running a upgraded Turbo Ace 215 15,500kv motor. I have the stock 10T pinion installed so i get crazy high head speed anyway. But with these lighter blades the head speed was increased and that means that the pitch response will now be more sensitive. Cyclic too. I don't know how the stock motor will be. Probably just about right, you may not need to tune anything. But for me, i had 2 options of reducing the pitch travel to reduce the sensitivity of the pitch and cyclic controls. Sorry, not pitch gain, pitch travel is what i meant. The motor thrusts the heli too hard sometimes now and it does it too quickly for me. I'd rather it be a little bit softer in the center.

1. Reduce mechanical gain. Do this by moving the balls on the servo arms closer to the servos. This will reduce travel distance of the swash and also the speed it moves. It's a pain messing with the little slotted ball links so i decided to do a digital gain reduction instead.

2. Digital reduction of pitch travel - Most of us are familiar with dual rates and expo for the dual rates. Well this would be basically the same thing as that, but your settingthe expo up manually. In your pitch curve the idea is to make the pitch travel flatter in the center instead of a linear, diagonal line. I don't have a devo controller but in the 2801-pro the pitch curve would be something like: 0 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 100 or 0 - 35 - 50 - 65 - 100. This slows down the pitch movement in the center but leaves the full travel distance. If you need to reduce the distance change the 0 to a 10 and the 100 to a 90 and so on. I can't translate that to devo for you. Sorry.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:03 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:

2. Digital reduction of pitch travel - Most of us are familiar with dual rates and expo for the dual rates. Well this would be basically the same thing as that, but your settingthe expo up manually. In your pitch curve the idea is to make the pitch travel flatter in the center instead of a linear, diagonal line. I don't have a devo controller but in the 2801-pro the pitch curve would be something like: 0 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 100 or 0 - 35 - 50 - 65 - 100. This slows down the pitch movement in the center but leaves the full travel distance. If you need to reduce the distance change the 0 to a 10 and the 100 to a 90 and so on. I can't translate that to devo for you. Sorry.
The devo would look something like this. -60 -45 -20 0 20 45 60
But you can just set -60 inh -20 0 20 inh 60 and set expo on or even set just the low, middle and high points and have expo on. DEVO has expo in pitch you can turn off or on. I always have on.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
But you can just set -60 inh -20 0 20 inh 60 and set expo on or even set just the low, middle and high points and have expo on. DEVO has expo in pitch you can turn off or on. I always have on.
Ah, nice, that is a worth while upgrade with the devo platform then. I didn't know that devo had built in expo on the pitch curve. It would be nice to be able to toggle it in flight too. Maybe way later in the future if this 2801-pro RX works out with my gaui i might consider a new devo 10 or something. But walkera would have to release a really nice new heli to entice me. So far i'm not impressed with their latest releases. I suppose the Master CP is better then i expected. But that won't cut it for me. If they released a 250 size with an AR gear and compatible with Align 250/450 type standard heli servos and running a 3S pack, well then i would think about it at that point. Until then, I plan on flying my Walkeras but i think i'll be investing the money in other hardware as i move forward. They will have to really impress me to get me back into a new heli of theirs. Anyway,...

I couldn't find an actual Gaui X5 thread here so i started a new one for the microbeast super combo and other setups if anyone is interested in that conversation.

Gaui X5 FES Super Combo - w/ Microbeast & other
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:01 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Ah, nice, that is a worth while upgrade with the devo platform then. I didn't know that devo had built in expo on the pitch curve. It would be nice to be able to toggle it in flight too. Maybe way later in the future if this 2801-pro RX works out with my gaui i might consider a new devo 10 or something. But walkera would have to release a really nice new heli to entice me. So far i'm not impressed with their latest releases. I suppose the Master CP is better then i expected. But that won't cut it for me. If they released a 250 size with an AR gear and compatible with Align 250/450 type standard heli servos and running a 3S pack, well then i would think about it at that point. Until then, I plan on flying my Walkeras but i think i'll be investing the money in other hardware as i move forward. They will have to really impress me to get me back into a new heli of theirs. Anyway,...

I couldn't find an actual Gaui X5 thread here so i started a new one for the microbeast super combo and other setups if anyone is interested in that conversation.

Gaui X5 FES Super Combo - w/ Microbeast & other
You could just buy a HK250 kit and for about the same as you have in your 120, you could have all you need for extreme 3D.
As for the DEVO, I am going to install deviation firmware and try it out. As it stands right now, the Devo has most of the features of 500.00 plus competitive radios and from what I have read, the deviation builds on that.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:01 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,153 Posts
Quote:

All i know is if this 10 year old can fly this heli like this... I'm WAY behind lol. It's kind of nuts, some people fly for years and can't do what he's doing in this video

Your all like AWW, isn't that cute. He is holding a perfect inverted hover! Then you hear a lil peep. "Ready dad"

"YUP"..... Then.. Freaking piro flips, tick tocks, you name it man. WTH... I need to get flying, asap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUvxj...=ULB3UJ77PRyNw
I saw one on YT couple days ago, kid in his diaper flying 3D, just can't find it again
LOL.
Anyway ,here's another video to make us feel even badly behind!

Rc helicopter flown by kid (6 min 3 sec)
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:25 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I saw one on YT couple days ago, kid in his diaper flying 3D, just can't find it again
LOL.
Anyway ,here's another video to make us feel even badly behind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0LJ-6qTz9I
It must be great for a kid. No worries about the cost or having to repair it! In fact having to repair it would be FUN! probably. Oh yeah. It's easy to see how a kid could advance. I've always said freeing your mind and nose diving your heli is a good way to eliminate half of your stresses right away, if your worried about weather or not you'll be able to fix it, etc. So kids are one up on that aspect of it. No one wants to purposefully crash. But after you have done it a few times, you'll feel a lot better flying. That's my experience anyway. We all know i can crash a heli

As i watched this video, all i could think is that i bet Tony Hawk's kids are either excellent, world class skateboarders. Or they freaking hate it! Which i doubt any little boy would!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
Hi guys, few time ago I bought this Micro-heli from eHirobo.com. Now just to arrive me but I have a little loose....

How can I use Telemetry? Im Devo 7E but I can not see telemetry on my transmitter. I have activated monitor sensor in Devo but I can not see anything....

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.
planatlas is offline Find More Posts by planatlas
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,148 Posts
Here is a 4 year old flying extreme 3D. What you want is a father who is prepared to spend however much money it takes, and do all the repairs for you,

4 year old Min-Chan Kim RC heli flying (9 min 10 sec)
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Regarding the tail, check several things:[*]Verify that the screws holding the tail blade grips on are tight.
...[/LIST]
I somewhat fixed that, it is much better and I am waiting for the right part, hoping this will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
Your pitch curve should be equal + and -. Try putting -60 in, that should make you have more negative pitch authority.
I did this and it is much better, for now I am with stock blades and removed expo on pitch with: -60 0 60
On 4 lipos I have been doing dozens of front flips keeping the same altitude. I am not ready for living room flips, but I am very happy of my progress. I also started backflips

Quote:
I got this better, I ll wait some days to get enough time available to fine tune these new blades.
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sandown
Joined Mar 2007
200 Posts
Try the blade 130x main blades on the V120D02S, night and day difference, much better that the standard ones it comes with.
dna001 is offline Find More Posts by dna001
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:17 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,152 Posts
Quote:
You could just buy a HK250 kit and for about the same as you have in your 120, you could have all you need for extreme 3D.
As for the DEVO, I am going to install deviation firmware and try it out. As it stands right now, the Devo has most of the features of 500.00 plus competitive radios and from what I have read, the deviation builds on that.
I'de love to hear how that works out....I am considering trying it on my 8s as well. Mainly curious about what drawbacks, if any, you find to going with the deviation firmware over the stock fw.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:02 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
I'de love to hear how that works out....I am considering trying it on my 8s as well. Mainly curious about what drawbacks, if any, you find to going with the deviation firmware over the stock fw.
I've been using Deviation firmware on my 8s ever since 1.1.2 came out, 5 weeks ago. I haven't found any drawbacks yet. Except maybe the initial getting used to how it works. And keep in mind it does not disturb your original models, you can always go back to stock firmware without losing anything. It can do everything the stock firmware can do (except telemetry, but that release will be out in a week or so), plus bind to spektrum and wk2801. Just today I successfully used it on my new Alzrc Devil 450 w/ ZYX and an AR6200 w/ sat that I just finished building. I also use it on my v120d02s (wk2801), my 130x, my Tarot 450 (rx2702v-d), and my ladybird. I have had 0 issues as far as losing signal or anything that could cause a crash. I trust it totally on my 450's now.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
I've been using Deviation firmware on my 8s ever since 1.1.2 came out, 5 weeks ago. I haven't found any drawbacks yet. Except maybe the initial getting used to how it works. And keep in mind it does not disturb your original models, you can always go back to stock firmware without losing anything. It can do everything the stock firmware can do (except telemetry, but that release will be out in a week or so), plus bind to spektrum and wk2801. Just today I successfully used it on my new Alzrc Devil 450 w/ ZYX and an AR6200 w/ sat that I just finished building. I also use it on my v120d02s (wk2801), my 130x, my Tarot 450 (rx2702v-d), and my ladybird. I have had 0 issues as far as losing signal or anything that could cause a crash. I trust it totally on my 450's now.
hmm....I'm just about convinced...I assume I will have to re-setup all my helis in deviation though? it can't use the same setup files for each heli that the stock firmware uses?
Also, can you still setup the timer to start and stop with the throttle stick?
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man