SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
The tail one will work on the S the main one will not.. These are what I buy to replace the tail collar ones that I screw up while drilling, tapping, screwing the set screw into them.. I have a lot of the main shaft 4#6/4G6 and all V120's but the "S" models size collars on hand... I even took one and drilled it out to the right shaft size for the S and installed set screws in it after I broke off one of the screws and had to cut the collar off with the Dremel tool. Must say that it sure locks the collar in place on the shaft now.. I was thinking of offering them as a upgrade for the S but it's very hard to drill out the shaft hole correctly every time..
Yes, i forgot to mention that the main collar won't work. Thank you. But the one in question was the tail collars. Thank you again for verifying for me.

As far as drilling the hole correctly. I would have pegged you as the type with a drill press. I used to have one myself, but my drug addled, douche of a brother broke in my shop and sold a lot of the bigger equipment quite a few years back Anyway. Since i know you are the hobby type and have a full plate, time wise, probably budget too, like the rest of us. I just wanted to suggest something i've had my eye on for months now but never end up pulling the trigger. You've probably even seen them before. But they really do work well.

The Dremel drill press! This thing looks amazing for the cost. Especially for our little hobby aircraft and little jobs like those shaft collars.

IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:31 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Hey all you guys out there that complain about the visibility of the V120d02S canopy. I'm just courious. I know there is a new green one and everything. But why are people not using this one instead/Too?:

I'm not a big fan of green. Yellow either. But if i had to choose, yellow looks better for my money. Plus it seems more visible? Just seems like all the guys complaining about visibility problems would have been using these by now. Keep in mind though that they are 3 piece composite canopies. Like all the older Walkera canopies. They are glued together down the center and around the windshield. So they will break apart easier than the new D02S or Extreme canopies that are vacuum formed as a single piece of plastic.

Personally i use these because they are cheaper, just as durable and look better (IMO)

Especially after using some decals that come with them:

Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 15, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:43 PM
Multitotor Pilot/Web Designer
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
1,174 Posts
subscribed
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:49 PM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post

The Dremel drill press! This thing looks amazing for the cost. Especially for our little hobby aircraft and little jobs like those shaft collars.

That dremel press is great...it can be used as a basic router as well, I double stick taped a piece of mdf to the base and then you can position any bit right into the mdf a bit and fairly precisely cut (with a plunge cutter) and sand cf sheets among other things. It's also nice to just turn the dremel 90 degrees so that you can cut and sand or what ever without having to hold the dremel tool. I have actually only used it as a drill press once or twice,lol

I just finished using it to make new cf plates for my hotenx in this post
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:05 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Hey all you guys out there that complain about the visibility of the V120d02S canopy. I'm just courious. I know there is a new green one and everything. But why are people not using this one instead/Too?:
I am using the Green one but it actually does not make that much difference to visibility. When the heli is inverted, the both the green and red canopy are white anyway. It is the white Solo Pro blades that makes a lot of difference. The white 4G6 tail blades seem to help a bit as well but they are smaller and do not hold the tail as well.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:13 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
[QUOTE=IntegrityHndywrk;23010872]Yes, i forgot to mention that the main collar won't work. Thank you. But the one in question was the tail collars. Thank you again for verifying for me.

As far as drilling the hole correctly. I would have pegged you as the type with a drill press. I used to have one myself, but my drug addled, douche of a brother broke in my shop and sold a lot of the bigger equipment quite a few years back Anyway. Since i know you are the hobby type and have a full plate, time wise, probably budget too, like the rest of us. I just wanted to suggest something i've had my eye on for months now but never end up pulling the trigger. You've probably even seen them before. But they really do work well.

The Dremel drill press! This thing looks amazing for the cost. Especially for our little hobby aircraft and little jobs like those shaft collars. QUOTE

I have a mid size table top drill press with cross feed vise down here that has been tied up making the slipper clutch shaft notches since January.. As I'm afraid to change the set up on it as it took me a while to get it set up just right.. I have a bigger floor one at the cottage..

If there was a market for the main shaft collars with the Allen set screws like I use on the clutch I'm sure I could come up with a better way of doing it than by hand like I did mine.. But probably not at a price anyone would be willing to pay.. But mailing would be cheaper as I could send them out in a #10 envelope.. So $5.00 shipped in the USA
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Oct 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:48 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Have you updated your 8S to the latest TX firmware. I think that is also suppose to have throttle postion fixes. I have it, but have not installed yet.
I have the same issue with my V400D02. I have to set -42 on the throttle subtrim to keep the rotors from spinning with or without TH. It's the only heli I have the issue with.
I read that on Walkera's website. It mentioned regarding "throttle", but not quite sure if it also relates to the TH/throttle issue.
I have not upgraded my 8S, since everything (4 models) are programmed in it & afraid of loosing them & lazy to go back to scratch. I don't think it would though.
Plus, I don't see any changes or added feature, so I'll probably wait, if anything is new, then, I'll upgrade the firmware.
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:30 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
That dremel press is great...it can be used as a basic router as well, I double stick taped a piece of mdf to the base and then you can position any bit right into the mdf a bit and fairly precisely cut (with a plunge cutter) and sand cf sheets among other things. It's also nice to just turn the dremel 90 degrees so that you can cut and sand or what ever without having to hold the dremel tool. I have actually only used it as a drill press once or twice,lol

I just finished using it to make new cf plates for my hotenx in this post
Very nice work. Cutting CF is exactly why i've been looking at it lately. It seems like such a great utility to have for approx $30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I am using the Green one but it actually does not make that much difference to visibility. When the heli is inverted, the both the green and red canopy are white anyway. It is the white Solo Pro blades that makes a lot of difference. The white 4G6 tail blades seem to help a bit as well but they are smaller and do not hold the tail as well.
The V120D05 tail blades are white and are the same size as the D02S blades. Just in case you want to try them out.

[QUOTE=livonia bob;23012349]
Quote:
Yes, i forgot to mention that the main collar won't work. Thank you. But the one in question was the tail collars. Thank you again for verifying for me.

The Dremel drill press! This thing looks amazing for the cost. Especially for our little hobby aircraft and little jobs like those shaft collars. QUOTE

I have a mid size table top drill press with cross feed vise down here that has been tied up making the slipper clutch shaft notches since January.. As I'm afraid to change the set up on it as it took me a while to get it set up just right.. I have a bigger floor one at the cottage..

If there was a market for the main shaft collars with the Allen set screws like I use on the clutch I'm sure I could come up with a better way of doing it than by hand like I did mine.. But probably not at a price anyone would be willing to pay.. But mailing would be cheaper as I could send them out in a #10 envelope.. So $5.00 shipped in the USA
Well, I just thought it was odd you were doing this kind of work and putting key marks on shafts like that and everything else. I just figured you had to have a press. But i never thought about the aspect of having to set it up and align everything. So, there it is then, a useless drill press, at least for anything but making clutches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I read that on Walkera's website. It mentioned regarding "throttle", but not quite sure if it also relates to the TH/throttle issue.
I have not upgraded my 8S, since everything (4 models) are programmed in it & afraid of loosing them & lazy to go back to scratch. I don't think it would though.
Plus, I don't see any changes or added feature, so I'll probably wait, if anything is new, then, I'll upgrade the firmware.
- Spyro
Since i got my first Walkera heli with a 2801-pro, It just seems like every Devo TX/RX since, including the magic cube, has seemingly been released with some kind of seriously dangerous/annoying problem that you have to spend $50 on an updater patch cord & adapter that is only worth about $2 in materials and maybe $9 retail. I'm sure they are trying their best not to profit too much on their UP02 unit. But, seriously. They seem to have a trend. Just be glad your not having the blackout issue some experienced with it. I think that was with the telemetry modules though. So don't try that until you update.

Seriously, some times i think Walkera's business model goes like this:

Step 1: Underpants

Step 2: ????????

Step 3: Profit!

If you are one of the lucky ones that know what that joke is taken from, pat yourself on the back after you get done laughing .... Otherwise, well...... I suppose you'll just have to wonder .....
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:30 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Since i got my first Walkera heli with a 2801-pro, It just seems like every Devo TX/RX since, including the magic cube, has seemingly been released with some kind of seriously dangerous/annoying problem that you have to spend $50 on an updater patch cord & adapter that is only worth about $2 in materials and maybe $9 retail. I'm sure they are trying their best not to profit too much on their UP02 unit. But, seriously. They seem to have a trend. Just be glad your not having the blackout issue some experienced with it. I think that was with the telemetry modules though. So don't try that until you update.

Microsoft / Walkera?
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:35 AM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:

If you are one of the lucky ones that know what that joke is taken from, pat yourself on the back after you get done laughing .... Otherwise, well...... I suppose you'll just have to wonder .....
lol, my wife gets irritated everytime I mention how something that happened reminds me of a southpark episode
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:08 PM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
531 Posts
couple quick questions...
I noticed some recomend the gyro to be set to manual and some say set it as auto?? I have it set on auto at 80% seems ok (Devo7E)

Mine as a good wobble in windy condition ? probably need to turn something down ?
anybody ever tried to move the TH on the other side on the Devo7E ?
cheers
joliecoeur13 is offline Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
I just hope for a plain old white canopy!
So that I can put the right visible stickers I want
(Any link would be appreciated)
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I don't own this TX, but as long as I know, all devo TX have a model backup system. Maybe you should plug your TX on your pc and use the walkera dfuse software.
Also, the guys from deviationTX.com (to be checked on their forum) said that even putting a hacked firmware would keep the models. So I would not be worried. Just plan for the worst
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Zadaw, what do you think about using the t-rex 250 tail blades on the v120d02s, in combination with the Solo Pro white blades? I've seen those tail blades here at this video:
v120d02s tail blade t-rex 250 la aldea de el portillo de busto de bureba.mp4 (7 min 59 sec)
alfmateos is offline Find More Posts by alfmateos
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmateos View Post
Zadaw, what do you think about using the t-rex 250 tail blades on the v120d02s, in combination with the Solo Pro white blades? I've seen those tail blades here at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_VztwefImU
I have heard of the small Trex 250 tail blades being used but I don't have a set right now. If you want to try, be aware that there is a larger set of 250 tail blades that will probably not fit. If you are flying backwards, it doesn't necessarily mean that bigger tail blades will be better. So I would be inclined to try a selection of different sizes.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw