HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:22 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
My Devo7 battery indicator was at two bars too (NiMH rechargeables) and I had between 10-15 flights since last charge. That may be a sign - I'll recharge every 8-10 flights moving forward and keep the fingers crossed. I guess if it happens again, I'll need to consider replacing the RX.
I have a devo 7 I only use with the SIM. I could not get 20 minutes and it would lose connection. I now have it plugged in all the time. The battery life on it is a quarter of my devo 8 and if you are changing program with the backlite active, the battery degrades twice as fast.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:24 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I had simlar issue with the battery almost being impossible to unplug.
I just took a small point file and filed the plastic portion of the plug where the terminals are visible. Now the battery JST slides in place firmly, but is not too difficult to remove.
I did this with my WK2402 JST batter connector, that was very hard to remove until I filed the plastic down. On the heli, removing the protective sleeve worked for me, plugs and unplugs fine without having to file anything. But both work good.
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Last edited by RotaryC; Oct 10, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Off topic...
IntegrityHndywrk, I know you've been looking at the Blade Nano.
I asked one of the sales guy at a LHS regarding the heli. He flew it inside the store & flies very well 3D, in real tight space using his own radio. He said that it would be hard to 3D it with the stock RTF radio. Too much expo, he thinks. Might be OK outdoors, but he doesn't like the pre-programmed settings on the RTF Tx, period.
I was actually surprised with the size, It was only a bit smaller than the mCPX.
mCPX & mini CP are both under powered 3D heli (stock). The Nano will 3D, stock.
The other LHS in my area just moved very near my house . They are having a big sale event at the store this Saturday, where everything (RR, RTF's,PNP's, BNF's) is at cost +10%.
Nano or 450X .
Nano would be under $100.

- Spyro

Here's a video, ask me how he lost his hair

Nano CPX Durability Test (6 min 37 sec)

GREAT CP/3D trainer
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Oct 10, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
That being said. I just put in an order for the KDBB main and tail blades for the 130x. I'm hoping they perform better than the stock blades. I tried the 140mm CF blades again today and i just do not like them.
I found this product that seems to be original blades of the 130x: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...x-BLH3716OR#t7
Since I don't know this heli, so could confirm?
Anyway, I'll have to wait for your feedback about kdbb blades ...
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju204 View Post
I found this product that seems to be original blades of the 130x: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...x-BLH3716OR#t7
Yes, that works great.
But don't get the orange. It's not a very good color, too dull.
Get the fluorescent yellow or green. The yellow is the best for visibility & orientation.
I have both yellow & green.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...3780#t4-HOPUPS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Do those blades work better than the stock blades for normal flying Spyro? Loving the colour on your birds btw!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Do those blades work better than the stock blades for normal flying Spyro? Loving the colour on your birds btw!
You get better better performance compared to the stock blades. It's lighter by 2 grams total. Din't notice any change with flight time. I could tell the difference when flying these two V120D02S, from one heli to the other:

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...8-IMG_1237.jpg
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:41 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,626 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

Heli kept spinning, figured the servo might be bad after all so switched it out, also changed the push rod incase it was binding (as there were easier to do than the tail gears which I'd never messed with before) - still spinning, did some reading up and figured I'd rounded out one of the D holes, so decided to fit bobs clutch and replace all gears whilst I'm tinkering (why not!) 2 hours later of fiddling, taking things apart that I didn't have to and putting them back on mid clutch assembly and its sorted, slipper clutch works a treat! Only thing I did do was over tighten the outer collars screw and took the head of it, which should be fun when I come to do any work on the tail gear next time round

All in all, was a great learning curve, why it took me so long I'll never know other than I was checking and double checking everything as my other spares aint turned up yet

Can you get the outer tail collars on their own or do you have to order a tail shaft?
I think i saw the collars for sale separate once. But i'm not sure if they were for the D02S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Off topic...
IntegrityHndywrk, I know you've been looking at the Blade Nano.
I asked one of the sales guy at a LHS regarding the heli. He flew it inside the store & flies very well 3D, in real tight space using his own radio. He said that it would be hard to 3D it with the stock RTF radio. Too much expo, he thinks. Might be OK outdoors, but he doesn't like the pre-programmed settings on the RTF Tx, period.
I was actually surprised with the size, It was only a bit smaller than the mCPX.
mCPX & mini CP are both under powered 3D heli (stock). The Nano will 3D, stock.
The other LHS in my area just moved very near my house . They are having a big sale event at the store this Saturday, where everything (RR, RTF's,PNP's, BNF's) is at cost +10%.
Nano or 450X .
Nano would be under $100.

- Spyro

Here's a video, ask me how he lost his hair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_T4v...eature=related

GREAT CP/3D trainer
ZOMG, he beat the hell out of that heli! This is exactly what i need for inside my living room. Won't feel so bad when i whack it into the wall. My old WL v911 is just as, or more durable as this thing. It's what the nano reminds me of. A CP version of the 100X or the WL v911. It's soooooooo light! Imagine with brushless motors it will weigh more but also have better performance. I don't know if they have the BL motors out for it yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju204 View Post
I'm not sure about this because i don't own the 130x heli. I think the 130X has 2 different types of blades that are made by Blade/Horizon. They are available in different colors though. The standard blades and the speed blades with the little tab protrusion on it. These blades you linked are the standard or "hi-performance" blades.

Then of course there is the KDBB blades, which should be quality. I don't know if they are better than the stock blades. But i'd bet they are. THANKFULLY they released the white blades. So i ordered a set of yellow and a set of white. Since i have always used white on my D05CS and yellow i started using on my D02S back when i started using the Extreme canopies instead of stock. (i like them much better, IMO, just as durable and better colors) So the KDBB blades should arrive tomorrow, i ordered two sets of white by accident because i couldn't find the white ones in any of my normal vendors. I ordered a set off ebay, then looked again and everyone had the white ones listed too!! DOH! So i bought both on my last order anyway. I'll let you know how they are compared to the stock blades with reflective tape on them. You can see my V120s with reflective tape on the blades in my youtube videos.

One thing i am pretty sure of is that, since these blades are longer. Just like the 140mm CF blades, they will be more likely to impact the tail boom causing cracks and breaking the tail fins/ejecting the rudder rod. But we'll see. Others have reported them performing better so i have to try them myself. Longer blades usually add to stability but might reduce dexterity. Meaning because the rotor disk is bigger it will flip slower but hold better momentum in a "glide" for things like loops. I'll know more when they arrive. The 140mm CF blades make the heli much more stable and it will do loops better. But the extra length and width of the blades, especially the width, put too much strain on the motor. If the reports are correct, the head speed will be increaded with the 130X blades because they are much lighter and on top of that they are also longer than d02S stock blades. So they should get the best of both worlds. I'm hoping, anyway. I'm also hoping that the tail blades are a little bit wider. Having wider tail blades would improve the tail authority of this heli. It might even help out with the reverse inverted drifting that goes on, not sure. But i have not found any wider tail blades that will work without modification. I'm soooo burned out and tired of having to modify my Walkera helicopters. I never thought ANYTHING could make me feel like not tinkering. Because i'm a hard core tinker type! Walkera just tends to be the succubus of helicopter brands i guess. Because it seems to never end!
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:08 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
@IntegrityHndywrk, I don't think you can get the tail collar separate, been looking and can't see them but the whole things only like £3 or something anyway so I'll add it in next time I order some spares, its all good

Liking those blades, do they make any improvement to flight or is it purely cosmetic? EDIT: Sorry, will wait for your feedback when you've got them delivered! I jumped the gun a bit there

@Spyro37 & IntegrityHndywrk, IMO it wont be long before WK bring out a brushless miniCP or something the way these micro's are being released from competitors - just to try and stay one step ahead as they like to do!
Last edited by RotaryC; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,626 Posts
Quote:
@IntegrityHndywrk, I don't think you can get the tail collar separate, been looking and can't see them but the whole things only like £3 or something anyway so I'll add it in next time I order some spares, its all good

Liking those blades, do they make any improvement to flight or is it purely cosmetic?

@Spyro37 & IntegrityHndywrk, IMO it wont be long before WK bring out a brushless miniCP or something the way these micro's are being released from competitors - just to try and stay one step ahead as they like to do!
Oh yeah, it was Gaui that sells all of the parts separate, not Walkera. Silly me.

Seriously though, i thought i had seen them at one time. Maybe bob knows. But anyway. What about, which blades? The ones i'm currently flying? They are just the stock blades with 2 pieces (wide) of reflective tape wrapped around them to make the center yellow. The tape is reflective so it's just for looks. Mostly for the camera, even though the heli shows up as an black amorphous blob most of the time. Actually, if anything the tape makes the blades heavier, likely hindering performance a bit. But the tape i found is actually not all that heavy compared to electrical or other tapes. But it does add weight. Thats why I'm hoping the yellow/white blades look and perform better. Because i do like seeing the blades much more on the small helis. I don't mind the black blades as much on the v450. The funny thing about that whole situation is MOST bigger helicopter blades are white. Where as MOST of walkera's micros use black/unpainted CF. Seems more important for the tiny heli you can barely see 20 feet away.

No they WK will not release a brushless ultra micro. Instead their trademark is to release the heli with brush motors and release a brushless kit to upgrade it to later. Like 50 flights later when the brush motors go bad, as they always will eventually.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:56 PM
V120D02S, GCP
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Feb 2012
142 Posts
Well I got my d02s last night, programmed some settings and flew it. Wow super fast and sensitive. Ten seconds later I broke a main grip. Ah well. should have known better than to fly at night with new heli and sketchy settings. Way faster than the gcp ever was.
LarsDennert is offline Find More Posts by LarsDennert
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
ZOMG, he beat the hell out of that heli! This is exactly what i need for inside my living room. Won't feel so bad when i whack it into the wall. My old WL v911 is just as, or more durable as this thing. It's what the nano reminds me of. A CP version of the 100X or the WL v911. It's soooooooo light! Imagine with brushless motors it will weigh more but also have better performance. I don't know if they have the BL motors out for it yet though.

I'm not sure about this because i don't own the 130x heli. I think the 130X has 2 different types of blades that are made by Blade/Horizon. They are available in different colors though. The standard blades and the speed blades with the little tab protrusion on it. These blades you linked are the standard or "hi-performance" blades.
Exactly the same thing I was thinking with regards to the Nano, V911, & 100X. You'd probably break the wall before the heli . I have the 911 that never leaves my trunk with some lipos (contained in a small metal pencil case). FYI, they are almost the same size too. Regarding the BL conversion, in fact it will be less weight. My mCPX BL motor is less than half the weight and size of the stock brushed motor.
Related: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=37

Here is a BRUSHLESS mod.

There are 2 different blades for the 130X .
The high performance and the (bullet) weighted blades. I fly them both on my 130X.
1. The high performance is better for extreme 3D. The heli flies faster too (head speed). Hardcore 3D flyers likes it better.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid
2. The weighted blades has a bullet shaped protruding at the inner 3rd from the inner axis. It provides more "stability" during 3D flight and flies a bit slower which is probably better on mild and low 3D flying such as limited space or indoor -
http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Oct 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsDennert View Post
Well I got my d02s last night, programmed some settings and flew it. Wow super fast and sensitive. Ten seconds later I broke a main grip. Ah well. should have known better than to fly at night with new heli and sketchy settings. Way faster than the gcp ever was.
You can reduce the throttle curve to your liking to reduce head speed.
Some radios has normal + 2 more Stunt Modes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
I ll wait for kdbb blade report before to place an order ...

Anyone found cheaper compatible servos? I don't like the price of the stock ones
I did not find any info about swatch servos WK-2-1, there are so many models on hk, is there any servo model compatible?
Also tail servo is interesting, but as I understand, replacing WK-3-4 involves very small soldering, replacing the motherboard ... and I don't really feel up to this
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:44 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
i think i am going to sell my v120s,
Nano CP X RTF & BNF by Blade (3 min 45 sec)
i have a dx8 so the change will not cost me a lot.
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos