HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:12 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel07 View Post
This will charge your 1S lipos. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._charger_.html
You may also get this to charge 6 of them at a time http://www.ebay.com/itm/4mm-Banana-p...item2ec1bc9fe8

You can use it also for charging 1S-4S small lipos.

- It can run on 110-240V source
- the alligator clips is for 12V car battery source
- Use the Banana-JST for single 1S lipos

The eBay's Banana-JST lets you charge upto 6X 1S lipos at the same time
If you have any other 1S lipos but with different plugs, you can search eBay and you'll find one just like the Banana to JST .
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Oct 01, 2012 at 05:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:22 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
Whats the 2 pin Aux socket used for on this RX. Is it anyhting like the LED socket that I've heard of on the ladybird - Which can be toggled on/off using the gear swtich on the TX.
What I wanted to do is use it to activate an electro magnet to pick up and drop off wire objects for indoor flying in the winter.
That's to erase the Rx's ID code.
If you want to use a different ID code binding with the Tx.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:26 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,297 Posts
Just on the side...
Looks like WK is advancing...
- http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-v450d...r-p-63948.html

But I would rather just get the Rx then use it for a 450 project
FBL/Rx (switchable 3/6axis mode)
http://www.rchelicoptershop.com/hm-n...rx2703h-d.html
+
FBL- 450 (T-Rex comp)
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=26464


- http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9571
- http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._11g_0_12.html
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:10 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
Whats the 2 pin Aux socket used for on this RX. Is it anyhting like the LED socket that I've heard of on the ladybird - Which can be toggled on/off using the gear swtich on the TX.
What I wanted to do is use it to activate an electro magnet to pick up and drop off wire objects for indoor flying in the winter.
I think the extra port is for the ID Bind feature. My v120 uses a 2801-pro 3 axis RX so i can't tell you how to use it because thats a new upgrade with the Devo Rxs. But on my 2702V and 2801 Rx there is a little plug that you put in the port. The plug is just to connect the two pins together closing the circuit. Once you power up with the plug inserted, i believe it will erase your stored ID Bind code.

My opinion only. I would avoid activating any kind of electro magnet attached to a RC helicopter of this size. Maybe a very, very small magnet. But honestly there is no way to be sure how the RX will react once EMI in induced from the electro magnets. On top of that, the magnetic field could confuse the gyros. I don't think it would be a good idea without extensive testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Just on the side...
Looks like WK is advancing...
- http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-v450d...r-p-63948.html

But I would rather just get the Rx then use it for a 450 project
FBL/Rx (switchable 3/6axis mode)
http://www.rchelicoptershop.com/hm-n...rx2703h-d.html
+
FBL- 450 (T-Rex comp)
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=26464


- http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9571
- http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._11g_0_12.html
Honestly the V450D03 is a pile of crap. The V450 is problematic enough without giving it a much heavier plastic (and cheaper quality) frame. A downgrade from the CF frame on the V450d01, i might add. The electronics on the heli were already not capable of maintaining the payload on the V450D01 in 3d flight without shorting out and frying (servos and ESC). Honestly, If you want to learn how to fly a CP helicopter. Walkera makes great ultra micro heli. They are the WORST at making anything from the 200+ size range. The v450 servos are by far the worst servos made by Walkera, possibly the worst servo made anywhere, for any size, period. /shrug. Maybe not. But they are aweful and will likely not last more than 3-5 service hours total. Maybe longer if your flying in cool weather. Summer heat, you better not take it out.

Heed my warnings or don't. I'm tired of barking up this tree. Walkera is a great learner heli for micros. But for the same price, or even cheaper! There are 100 different 450 size helicopters to pick from that will actually last you a few years, possibly without failing or crashing as long as you don't dumb thumb it and maintain it properly. The service life on the Walkera v450 servos is just too random and short to trust your personal safety, and that of others, as well as property damages to such a liability. They won't be addressing these issues any time soon because it is not in THEIR benefit. Because it keeps them in YOUR wallet while you keep thinking "Maybe it was my fault".

I have multiple t-shirts from my vacations with Walkera.... They all say something different on them. But none of them you would want to wear in public.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:59 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,297 Posts
LOL, I know that their bigger helis are not that great in all aspect. I dont' own one, & don't think I would.
They did pretty good job with the Master CP, in fairness, BUT that is if you happen to get a good unit, otherwise, what do you do with a heli that has a mind of it's own .
Their replacement parts are not that cheap either compared to name brands.
Heli's could get more expensive (than name brands) if mods are done/added, keeping it stock could also mean constant repairs/parts replacement + time, that being said, performance may still not an A+.
That newly released Rx/FBL Gyro (all-in-one) is interesting though and not bad for the price, if reliability is not a question. It's a good one for a 450 (T-Rex Clone project) for someone that has a Devo Tx.
- Spyro
All you said is true & your advise is highly respected.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Oct 01, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:08 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
LOL, I know that their bigger helis are not that great in all aspect. I dont' own one, & don't think I would.
They did pretty good job with the Master CP, in fairness, BUT that is if you happen to get a good unit, otherwise, what do you do with a heli that has a mind of it's own .
Their replacement parts are not that cheap either compared to name brands.
Heli's could get more expensive (than name brands) if mods are done/added, keeping it stock could also mean constant repairs/parts replacement + time, that being said, performance may still not an A+.
That newly released Rx/FBL Gyro (all-in-one) is interesting though and not bad for the price, if reliability is not a question. It's a good one for a 450 (T-Rex Clone project) for someone that has a Devo Tx.
- Spyro
All you said is true & your advise is highly respected.
those servos ARE terrible and i don't know why they would even put them on anything let alone a 450 that can seriously hurt someone. I don't really like the look of those plastic grips on a metal head either. I see no benefit of not having metal grips. I mean with a few mods i'm sure that heli would be perfectly fine but for the price they are charging.......I just couldn't see me taking the plunge esp when you could build a hk450 for less.


now counterpoint, if i was to fly that 450, i would get the grips from the v400d02 a turnigy plush esc and some nice metal gear servos....they don't even have to be expensive...just stronger than those crap servos.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:41 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
LOL, I know that their bigger helis are not that great in all aspect. I dont' own one, & don't think I would.
They did pretty good job with the Master CP, in fairness, BUT that is if you happen to get a good unit, otherwise, what do you do with a heli that has a mind of it's own .
Their replacement parts are not that cheap either compared to name brands.
Heli's could get more expensive (than name brands) if mods are done/added, keeping it stock could also mean constant repairs/parts replacement + time, that being said, performance may still not an A+.
That newly released Rx/FBL Gyro (all-in-one) is interesting though and not bad for the price, if reliability is not a question. It's a good one for a 450 (T-Rex Clone project) for someone that has a Devo Tx.
- Spyro
All you said is true & your advise is highly respected.
What do you mean by "if you happen to get a good unit"? Is it just the RX in question with the 6 axis? It does seem like... I'm just saying. 3 axis might be better... Because the new V450's i think have the same type of 6 axis gyro as the master CP and the new V120? If they have an issue, well... I mean, isn't a 450 or bigger helicopter dangerous enough as it is without those kinds of things going on?

Anyway, regardless. The "New V450D01" and the V450D03 use the same model number RX. They are calling the V450D03's RX a 2G system, while calling the "New V450D01" the latest 6 axis system, to paraphrase. BUT, I'm pretty sure they are the same. But knowing how walkera rapid fires releases, and makes changes without telling anyone . They might be different RX programming with the same model number. Never know anymore, honestly.

The RX MAY be good. But it also has the 6 Axis. It seems like, for the time being anyway. The 6 axis gyros Walkera is releasing on their heli are hit and miss. Because even V120D02S owners report varying opinions of the gyro behavior. If you add the Master CP in the equation with the same type of reports. Well.. I for one speculate that the RX for the V450 will also have the same type of issue, possibly. Though, i do know a few people in the 450 thread with the 6 axis. They seem to fly and over all enjoy their heli. But i don't think they are doing 3d. However! For all you Devo fans that want a stand alone RX for a 250+ size heli. Well there is an alternative with the 3 axis. Walkera, before jumping in head first with the 6 axis system all the way, did release a Devo compatible RX with a 3 axis gyro, if your so inclined to "downgrade" to the current global standard of 3 axis gyros. (lol) It's the RX-2702V-D found on the V18G01 This is, i think, the last 3 axis gyro/rx release walkera made for their gas heli before going 6 axis. It is also the RX found on the "old" v45d01 with devo compatibility sold by wow hobbies. I believe they outfit the heli with the V-D rx and sell the standard 2702V that was on the heli for 119 instead of the 129 or whatever a new one usually costs.

Also check this out, pretty cool looking!!!! (for a plastic fuse) I'm sure it will cost like $1500 when it hits the vendors. If anyone will even carry it. MAN, i hope these are not as likely to overheat as the v450, with that enclosure on it too. Would suck to pile of these just because you live in a hot climate or because you hit an "Invisible wall"




Personally, i hope Walkera figures something out soon about these random issues or whatever is going on with the 6 axis. Maybe it really does just boil down to flight style. For me, I'm choosing to avoid their releases, at least for now. But i'll be watching where they go from here. Their micros are rather nice looking and parts wise, have been decent in their latest releases. Things like their gears and flimsy bits. That being said. My next micro will be a nano i think. I'm pretty sure i'll be able to fly that indoors. I need something for rainy days beside the sim! I just can't pay all that money for a new Devo TX just to get a toy helicopter. The spektrum DX4e is only like $60, but I'm looking at a DX7 for my Gaui, when ever that happens. So hopefully they work together too. The v120 is too big and the HS is too high with the turbo ace motor in it. It's cut me before, so. Yeah, not really a "in house" heli. Maybe "indoor" like as in a sports hall or something. But definitely not your home, at least not for 3d. I'm pretty sure if i ran my v120 at full head speed into an banana, it would slice and dice like a Cuisinart. Not something i want to happen to my curtains, walls or tv, just IMO.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:49 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
those servos ARE terrible and i don't know why they would even put them on anything let alone a 450 that can seriously hurt someone. I don't really like the look of those plastic grips on a metal head either. I see no benefit of not having metal grips. I mean with a few mods i'm sure that heli would be perfectly fine but for the price they are charging.......I just couldn't see me taking the plunge esp when you could build a hk450 for less.


now counterpoint, if i was to fly that 450, i would get the grips from the v400d02 a turnigy plush esc and some nice metal gear servos....they don't even have to be expensive...just stronger than those crap servos.
WOW, i didn't even notice that, They are using the same rotor head as the V450D01 but with plastic grips! WHY? Because they will sell that heli for basically the same as the V450D01 with CF frame and CNC grips. Thats why. Though i have to say, the new motor looks like it might be a better motor than the old 450 motors. Those things put out the power, were good motors. But little nuclear reactors flying around inside your heli. Just waiting to melt down. They just ran way hot! That one might not be as bad, hopefully.

BTW, The v400d02 is discontinued. The V450D01 used the same rotor head though. But your right. New ESC and servos, makes the heli worth owning. But really, i have that t-shirt. On the back it says "I spent over $2000 on my V450 in repairs and all i got was this lousy t-shirt". On the front it says "I should have bought anything else, because this still ain't working".

The irony is, I wish i was like all my Align friends with their free T-shirts just for buying a heli or TX. Or just for stopping by the LHS on the right day.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:31 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
What do you mean by "if you happen to get a good unit"? Is it just the RX in question with the 6 axis? It does seem like... I'm just saying. 3 axis might be better... Because the new V450's i think have the same type of 6 axis gyro as the master CP and the new V120?r....
Yes, It's only the new FBL/Rx unit I was pertaining. I know that their 450(s) is not upto task as stock or not upto task, period!
It's Rx is a new product as well. It has a functional switch to select flight modes . It is not the same Rx used in Master CP.
The M-CP's Rx is fixed to 6 axis. It's throttle signal output is only for brushed motor. It will cost money convert it to BL signal .The M-CP's Rx price is somewhere $70s.
Whereas, the newly released (450) Rx is $130, which is the price of the Master CP BNF. This new Rx has a built-in flight mode switch, which I think is the 3axis/ 6axis switch. I may be wrong though.
If it's a good FBL Gyro/Rx, then, It's a good option for a T-Rex Clone project
On the picture, labeled #13 shows the flight mode switch which is similar to the genius CP. Even on the GCP's picture, it's noted that 6axis is good for beginner, 3 axis for 3D pilots. Why did they eliminate this function on their new products, who knows... maybe cost?
*Beast all-in-one Rx gyro is twice the price, but... it's a beast.
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Oct 02, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:59 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Yes, It's only the new FBL/Rx unit I was pertaining. I know that their 450(s) is not upto task as stock.
It's Rx is a new product as well. It has a functional switch to select flight modes . It is not the same Rx used in Master CP.
The M-CP's Rx is fixed to 6 axis. It's throttle signal output is only for brushed motor. It will cost money convert it to BL signal .The price is somewhere $70s.
Whereas, the newly released (450) RX is $130, which is the price of the Master CP BNF. This new Rx has a built-in flight mode switch, which I think is the 3axis/ 6axis switch. I may be wrong though.
If it's a good FBL Gyro/Rx, then, It's a good option for a T-Rex clone project.
On the picture, labeled #13 shows the flight mode switch which is similar to the genius CP.
*Beast all-in-one Rx gyro is twice the price, but... it's a beast.
- Spyro
I think you are missing my point. It's a different RX from the other helicopters but it's still likely the same Gyro set. Likely the same gyro programming as the D02S and Master CP versions. As far as i know, and i might be wrong, but i will ask someone who owns it. I'm 95% sure now though that the switch you are referring to does NOT turn off the 6 axis gyro system. It instead changes between two programming modes for the gyros having different flight responses. Could be wrong. Like i said i'll ask over where some people are actually flying this RX. I'm pretty sure the one guy has tried everything possible to turn off or turn down the accelerometers.

The 2702V-D or 2702V are basically the 3 axis version of this RX and cost the same or LESS if you had the 2801-pro.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:07 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I think you are missing my point. It's a different RX from the other helicopters but it's still likely the same Gyro set. Likely the same gyro programming as the D02S and Master CP versions. As far as i know, and i might be wrong, but i will ask someone who owns it. I'm 95% sure now though that the switch you are referring to does NOT turn off the 6 axis gyro system. It instead changes between two programming modes for the gyros having different flight responses. Could be wrong. Like i said i'll ask over where some people are actually flying this RX. I'm pretty sure the one guy has tried everything possible to turn off or turn down the accelerometers.

The 2702V-D or 2702V are basically the 3 axis version of this RX and cost the same or LESS if you had the 2801-pro.
I just edited my post & added pictures.
The GCP's Rx says 6axis or 3axis switch as shown on the picture.
Why did they eliminate this function on their new products, who knows... maybe cost?
The new 120D02S has these switches as well but they are dead/non-functional switches (or has nothing to do with the 6axis). Why did walkera did that puzzles me.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Oct 02, 2012 at 02:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:28 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I just edited my post & added pictures.
The GCP's Rx says 6axis or 3axis switch as shown on the picture.
Why did they eliminate this function on their new products, who knows... maybe cost?
The new 120D02S has these switches as well but they are dead/non-functional switches. Why did walkera did that puzzles me.
ME TOO! The V120D02S RX has had a non-functional dip switch since release. They decided that they didn't want us to be able to turn it off. first let me just say, it has been said over and over. That the Genius CP 6 axis does not work like the current D02S or Master CP 6 axis.

My opinion on their reason for not implementing the dip switch is because it is logical to determine for yourself that 6 axis is primarily best for beginners. If you consider that to be a truth, then you can also conclude, logically, that at some point a beginner might want to turn off the 6 axis gyro and begin learning to fly like everyone else, on a 3 axis gyro. However, When given the option with the Genius CP to turn off the 6 axis gyro. Well. Guess what. EVERYONE turned it off. As far as i'm concerned. Walkera has shown that they did not like that. Our free will interfered with their very profitable beta test. The Genius was the beta test release for the current 6 axis. If you think about it like that. Only this time, you will use it and you will like it. Or you won't own a walkera! End of story. If they feel like it, they might update the firmware and fix some issues, if a FW update can even address the gyro programing. But as long as they deem it sufficient to never turn off 6 axis. It doesn't matter what YOU think once you've paid for it, now does it? Don't worry though, i'm sure 3 or 4 helicopter or gyro releases from now, after people keep paying for them. I'm sure they will get it right at some point, like the 2801. Before they flip the script again and release some other new gimmick. Can't blame them too much though. It's job security, just an overly greedy way to do it. I suppose it's no different than apple, whom i do not care for at all either.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 02, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:48 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,297 Posts
Oh, I get...
I guess, now they heard that pilots want's those dip switches functional. They heard it, and giving it back, but, it's will cost you $130
Just kidding, maybe NOT!
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Oct 02, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:18 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
This will charge your 1S lipos. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._charger_.html
You may also get this to charge 6 of them at a time http://www.ebay.com/itm/4mm-Banana-p...item2ec1bc9fe8

You can use it also for charging 1S-4S small lipos.

- It can run on 110-240V source
- the alligator clips is for 12V car battery source
- Use the Banana-JST for single 1S lipos

The eBay's Banana-JST lets you charge upto 6X 1S lipos at the same time
If you have any other 1S lipos but with different plugs, you can search eBay and you'll find one just like the Banana to JST .
great thanks for the explanation but i in midle of the order in hobbypartz and need to decide which one from 2 i upload and soon i want go to bigs heli and think this charger gonna stay with me for long
Samuel07 is offline Find More Posts by Samuel07
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:26 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Just on the side...
Looks like WK is advancing...
- http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-v450d...r-p-63948.html

But I would rather just get the Rx then use it for a 450 project
FBL/Rx (switchable 3/6axis mode)
http://www.rchelicoptershop.com/hm-n...rx2703h-d.html
+
FBL- 450 (T-Rex comp)
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=26464


- http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9571
- http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._11g_0_12.html
better to take main head FBL from black angel to clone
Samuel07 is offline Find More Posts by Samuel07
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion new heli from walkera HIKO400? xyzy2 Micro Helis 15 Jan 12, 2012 12:16 PM
Sold Align 70A ESC W/BEC from 500/550 class Heli NEW! HD Hucker Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Oct 13, 2011 01:37 PM
Discussion Ultra Durable Diamond Mini Gyro 3 Channel Indoor Ready to Fly RC Remote Control Heli LittleG Coaxial Helicopters 32 Jan 14, 2011 01:55 PM
Discussion Walker 4#3 throttle problem Ė new heli Ronon Micro Helis 2 Jan 24, 2009 05:22 PM