HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
My V120D02s started as a 3 axis heli I bought from "Indoor Heli". I only recently swapped out the RX to the 6 axis simply to try it out. I still have the old RX2622 that can go back in any time.

Since I have the 2622 in both my V120D05s I now reserve them for faster more aggresive flying. My whole idea behind the 6 axis in the D02s was to help me with inverted flying. I'll keep the RX in place for now and probably swap it back out later on.

I agree a select switch would have been the best thing to have, similar to the Genius, but for now this works for me.

Maybe next year Walkera will come out with the V120D02ss that will have a select switch on it and come with a blue canopy.......LOL
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
You might try turning the balance delay, if it has one on the RX. All the way down or up. The balance delay reduces the time before the gyro releases back to full manual control after a gyro action takes place. So maybe playing with the pots will help some. I can't say for sure. Aile/elev gyro down too maybe? i don't know how any of this will actually effect flight. I don't have one to test. I think the pots on the Genius CP didn't have any effect on the 6 axis aspect of the gyros either. But i am glad you can still enjoy it. Your right too! I forgot that you were originally going to get a D05. That would have been very ugly for you right out of the box.
I'll sure do that. Play with all the pots and see if it benefits my taste.
I will be very busy the next 8days, and no flying (we'll see if I could behave ).
I have good access to flying flying fields close from my house, including runway, very tempting but have to finish a project
-Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Jon Barter,

Are you in San Diego now? How's the flying out there? You know "Clear Prop" lives out there and I tried to convince him to fly his heli around on the flight deck of the USS Midway but he wouldn't go for it.

I should know hopefully this week when that machine shop I hired will have the main shafts ready for the M120D02s. I'll keep you posted. I ordered a few in case anyone is interested.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:44 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Maybe next year Walkera will come out with the V120D02ss that will have a select switch on it and come with a blue canopy.......LOL
Either that, or maybe they'll come out with a 9axis gyro

Just kidding
-Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:13 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,148 Posts
Well today, between the rain storms. I flew the V120D05CS-Sport and The V120D02S-Pro here is a run down of how they are outfitted.

V120D02S-Pro is the 2G version and is outfitted with following upgrades:

The BenMLee Slipper clutch.
Turbo Ace 215 motor (Thanks again Travis!).
Extreme Yellow Canopy & landing skids.

V120D05CS-Sport is the 2G version and is outfitted with the following upgrades:

The Extreme Spin 16,300kv motor.
A 2622V RX from the D02S.
The main shaft, rotor head and blades from the D02S.
Extreme Carbon Fiber horizontal stabilizer fin.
Extreme white canopy.
The Integrity Handiwork Air Frame Durability upgrade for the RX Shelf.
Modified Extreme landing skids
Maybe a few that i missed.. Boy that D05 needed some work. But now it's as good as the d02S, if not better in some ways, worse in others.

Here is a comparison video of both

V120D05CS-Sport VS V120D02S-Pro - Both are great upgraded heli! (8 min 1 sec)

And here is some of the parts i picked out of the trash before i threw out the rest. Its just from half of last months heli trash, and this months too. If you learn anything from this picture it should be, don't buy a v450! Skip right over to align or something else! None of those 450 gears are from pilot error. Every last one is from electronic failure. Most of them, sadly, are from after replacing the Walkera ESC and servos.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,202 Posts
OMG!, that's a lot of parts. Would be nice if we get "core value" on parts.
------------------
Comparing prices of the 3 axis RX2622V-D, this is the BEST deal I found, free S&H - http://www.ebay.com/itm/251127205091...#ht_500wt_1054

Others cost more PLUS shipping:
- http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/p11207/W...duct_info.html
- http://www.helipal.com/hm-v120d02s-z...rx2622v-d.html
- http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-v120d02...rrx2622vd.aspx
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:31 AM
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Thanks a lot, I find it a really good idea. My opinion is that is better to keep things as simple as possible, and your solution is of this kind.
alfmateos is online now Find More Posts by alfmateos
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:13 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Play between any of the tail gears is not a problem and actually is a good thing.. As the gears are always turning in the same direction and NEVER stopping and going the other way there is no play in actual use. And the more free play (proper amount) up to a point the less power is used up turning the gears and more for flying the heli.
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:34 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmateos View Post
Thanks a lot, I find it a really good idea. My opinion is that is better to keep things as simple as possible, and your solution is of this kind.
You must be talking about the old V1 DTY mod slipper clutch this was replaced with the V2 adjustable one which is set and forget, there is no need to check before every flight, that I sell as a kit that you install as it was a big improvement over the V1 but not something most can do at home.. There for I was doing the machining for you..

I might be going back into production on this.. I'm working on a deal right now..
Last edited by livonia bob; Aug 20, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Bob,

I sold me a kit for my M120D01 that I never got around to installing. Now that I'm ready I can't recall how it goes together. Can you send me a good picture of the tail section so I can see how everything fits?

Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:18 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Bob,

I sold me a kit for my M120D01 that I never got around to installing. Now that I'm ready I can't recall how it goes together. Can you send me a good picture of the tail section so I can see how everything fits?

Thanks
Do these help you?? I think I have fixed the pictures on my blog with the instructions..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...51&postcount=1
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:31 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Press down on the RX wire plugs and make sure your servos are all plugged in tight and well seated. Also sqeeze the RX to press the circuit board down inside the jacket and make sure it's stuck firmly to the 2 sided tape inside the jacket.

How old is your motor? I'm pretty sure this is your ESC's problem here. If your motor is spinning still and the out runner is not loose or moving around. Meaning you cannot lift up or wiggle the outrunner around. Your motor should be fine. Usually. Motors don't usually burn out, but they do seize up and bind up. If you have another ESC you can just try and plug your motor into your other heli's ESC and see if it binds and will turn the motor. Motors can go bad, but it's always more likely the ESC.
the motor is 8 months old.i hope its not the rx.Tomorrow i will try another motor>And if nothing happens i will order a new esc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMbDd...ature=youtu.be
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amartolos View Post
the motor is 8 months old.i hope its not the rx.Tomorrow i will try another motor>And if nothing happens i will order a new esc.
Also check your throttle trim because if it isn't all the way down sometimes the ESC won't arm.

YMMV, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
I ve tried with a brand new motor today....still no spin>I ve ordered a new esc
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, OR, Vernonia
Joined Dec 2004
126 Posts
anybody had any luck doing rolls or left and right flips with the v120do2s. Mike
iflyrvs1 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrvs1