Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:56 PM
Fixed and rotary wing flyer
United States, CA, Newark
Joined Sep 2011
161 Posts
Integrityhawk-thanks for pointing out those alternatives. I've bought a number of times from Walkera Jade an you're right-he's a great resource and seller.

Regarding the alternative servos, are the cyclic servos on this heli digital or analog. I could have sworn I read once that all 4 servos were digital but am not sure. If that's the case, then I'd want to stick with a digital alternative as well, right?

Off topic as well, and more about control over us is fluoride dumping in our water, claiming its good for us. That's a whole 'nother very dark myth that goes way back. Inform yourselves here

P.S. for those that arent aware, the federal reserve is not a govt branch. It's a private organization that's controlling (printing and devaluing) our money.

Back on topic. I'd really be willing to try some of the Hobbyking servos at 1/3rd the price of the walkera's. Just need to confirm if I need to order digital ones or analog.
fabric8 is offline Find More Posts by fabric8
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Sep 2010
480 Posts
I have the 6 axis and a friend just bought the 3 axis, I tried both and honestly, I prefer the 6 axis, it's more stable, and it's not slower on roll/flip like we read here and there, they roll at the same rate.

There is no switch to turn OFF the 6 axis as it's not needed on that heli, the leveling feature will not try to level the heli when you let go of the stick like a real 6 axis will normally does, it's more than a sort of Heading Lock function added to the control loop, you can release the stick nose up and the heli will lock in that position, it will not relevel flat, you can do any 3d you want with the 6 axis like you do with the older 3 axis version, it's just a bit less reactive on the stick, but more stable.

Here is more info about the V2 6 axis: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1689848
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:42 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,121 Posts
Loops and Rolls

Finally learn how to do loops on V120d02s, but rolls are getting hard for me. Any advise? This is stock 3-axis rx and not the 6-axis.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:48 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
I have the 6 axis and a friend just bought the 3 axis, I tried both and honestly, I prefer the 6 axis, it's more stable, and it's not slower on roll/flip like we read here and there, they roll at the same rate.
There is no switch to turn OFF the 6 axis as it's not needed on that heli ...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1689848
I am now confused.
The one I received has the switches like this on this picture: http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...1c3204_b_d.jpg . Hard to see it but its the one on the right side (opposite the 3 gain pots which is on the left side). Picture was from that same thread.
Anyway, glad to hear that you like the 6 axis & is more stable, and it's not slower on roll/flip flying on 6axis.
-Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:53 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Hey Guys,

I have both the 3 axis and 6 axis for my V120 birds. The 6 axis is surely more stable and provides much more level flight with much less effort to do so. The problem is it takes more aggresive stick movements for aggresive flight, or turn down the gyro pot. For fast forward flight the heli wants to stay very level so hard vertical climbs and steep vertical dives are hard to do. I ended up turning down my gryo pot so I could fly a little easier.
I need more time to play around with it but the verdict is still out for me with this 6 axis RX. I may stick the 2622-V back in there before it's all done.

Integrity, glad to know you got the motor fixed and working. Good thing I never tossed it out and kept in my drawer. How did you get the top to stay on because for me it seemed very loose?

Good flight before the rain hit. You know, if Traxxass could make a helicopter it would probably be able to fly in the rain. They've got the water proof servos and motors for their off road trucks.
Well, i'm still testing it. But it does not seem to have the same output that my motor had. It's still really good though. It's only had a few flights since i got it working and so far it's holding together.

To repair it i pulled the pinion and applied some locktite to the brass locking collar that is on the motor shaft to keep the out runner from lifting. The collar was a little loose so I'm hoping the ASC1596 blue thread lock is going to hold it. After pressing everything tight with the blue goo (carefully) i checked that everything was still moving freely. It was, but I also put a drop of oil in each of the motor bearings. So far, so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Where did you get this information from? It does do 3D.
I think all that was residual data from the old genius CP's 6 axis system which, i think, ended up being a worthless flop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Finally learn how to do loops on V120d02s, but rolls are getting hard for me. Any advise? This is stock 3-axis rx and not the 6-axis.
Rolls can be tricky. You have to really have some good pitch control and timing pitch change once inverted, so you don't go sideways .You might want to have some forward momentum and give a little bit of forward elevator with your forward flight while doing the rolls. You might also toy with your DR/Expo and cyclic EXT. pot. If you have a lot of expo you might want to go with something faster in the center of the stick. Try 100% DR and Lin for expo. maybe add just a little expo. Sometimes just having and getting used to more sensitive controls will help your 3D skills. Practice normal flying a little to get used to sensitivity changes.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:03 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I am now confused.
The one I received has the switches like this on this picture: http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...1c3204_b_d.jpg . Hard to see it but its the one on the right side (opposite the 3 gain pots which is on the left side). Picture was from that same thread.
Anyway, glad to hear that you like the 6 axis & is more stable, and it's not slower on roll/flip flying on 6axis.
-Spyro
I recognize that picture. :=)

The six axis is not switchable on the v120 v2, unlike the genius. The manual says that one switch is for the adjustment mode, the other switch does nothing. The rx must have some way of knowing when one is trying to hover, and when one is trying more aggressive things. I've heard that the Skookum is that way, so it can try to auto level if there is not much stick input, but it leaves you alone if you are stick banging. The effect is not adjustable on the v120 v2.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Sep 2010
480 Posts
For the Skookum when you use ''center stick'' mode, you can still fly 3D but when you release the stick the heli snap back to level, which is not the case with the V120 6 axis.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
The V120D02S is quite tricky to roll because the tail does not hold well. I don't like doing rolls on the V120D02S at all. In fact, it is extremely to do a complete roll to the right because the head will turn up to 90 degrees. For this reason, I only do complete L rolls on the V120D02S. You will need good collective management or else the heli will end up more than 10 feet to the left.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, NJ, Evesham Township
Joined Oct 2011
201 Posts
Another new one on me. My blades are aligned on one side, but not on the other. I've had to align them before, but not like this.
Dave O is offline Find More Posts by Dave O
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I recognize that picture. :=)

The six axis is not switchable on the v120 v2, unlike the genius. The manual says that one switch is for the adjustment mode, the other switch does nothing. The rx must have some way of knowing when one is trying to hover, and when one is trying more aggressive things. I've heard that the Skookum is that way, so it can try to auto level if there is not much stick input, but it leaves you alone if you are stick banging. The effect is not adjustable on the v120 v2.

Rafa
Thanks for all the info. I din't know those things for sure.
- Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The V120D02S is quite tricky to roll because the tail does not hold well. I don't like doing rolls on the V120D02S at all. In fact, it is extremely to do a complete roll to the right because the head will turn up to 90 degrees. For this reason, I only do complete L rolls on the V120D02S. You will need good collective management or else the heli will end up more than 10 feet to the left.
Good to know, as I do more right rolls than left rolls.
Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
Old Skool
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
For my old eye's and in the yard with the back ground I find the Xtreme canopy easy to see.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
New V120D02S main rotor blades vs. the "old" ones

Btw. did already someone compare the main rotor blades of the new V120D02S model with the blades of the "old" V120D02S? Is there a benefit if I use the rotor blades from the New V120D02S on my old V120D02S?

Thanks for any comments about this matter.

Notker
H3liN00B is offline Find More Posts by H3liN00B
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3liN00B View Post
Btw. did already someone compare the main rotor blades of the new V120D02S model with the blades of the "old" V120D02S? Is there a benefit if I use the rotor blades from the New V120D02S on my old V120D02S?

Thanks for any comments about this matter.

Notker
Bob at Helircstore told me that the blades were structurally the same, but the paint scheme is different between the two.

Rafa
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:40 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Douglas View Post
For my old eye's and in the yard with the back ground I find the Xtreme canopy easy to see.

JD
Nice. You should also try the v2 green canopy. The 'dot' in the front really stands out, and the color scheme makes it pretty visible as well.

Rafa