HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:18 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibs View Post
Hi neither my V120D02 or M120D01 handle the wind as well as my mCPx and I believe the Genius CP flies very similar to the mCPx. Don't let the size of the Genius put you off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
Yea, don't let the small size put you off. I have flown the genius in more wind than i would have if flying the gaui 200. The genius will surprise you.
Hi, its not the size really, I like the 100 size they're great for indoors, its the brushed tail motor, by all accounts its a great little heli but for my next heli I want a 'proper' tail rotor
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:55 AM
Grenoble, France
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
subscribed
Newbheli is offline Find More Posts by Newbheli
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:36 PM
Ibs
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Hi, its not the size really, I like the 100 size they're great for indoors, its the brushed tail motor, by all accounts its a great little heli but for my next heli I want a 'proper' tail rotor
Hi,
Based upon my previous experience with Walkera brushed motors, tail or main, I was very skeptical about buying the mCPx. However, the brushed motors in my Blade MCX and MSR lasted very well. The mCPx motors also lasted very well. Even people putter a BL main on their mCPx are still using a brushed coreless tail as this provides the best response time. I don't have a Genius but if it is anything like the mCPx the tail will be consistent and reliable. Brushes do wear out but you will get many tens of flights, maybe even a 100 on a single tail motor.

Don't be put off but a tail motor. I can garanttee that it will be much stronger and reliable than the existing shaft driven tail on the Walkeras. I hope the new "S" will be better.

Cheers,
Ibs
Ibs is offline Find More Posts by Ibs
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:53 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yes, in a heli this size the tail works more reliably with a tail motor. I used to hate buying another heli with a tail motor instead of shaft or belt driven tail but the motors that are available now are really reliable and work great on the genius. I know i got over 120 flights on my first genius tail motor. And the only reason i had to change it out for a spare was because the end cap came off the motor. I can clearly see that the little brushes are still good. So if the end cap would have not came off, i would probably still be using it.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:30 AM
USA
Joined Feb 2008
288 Posts
I am another that does not like motor driven tails. They are not as responsive as a VP tail and they can be a nightmare to tune. Getting piro rates the same is almost impossible some times. I would say the only benefit to a motor driven tail over a VP tail is the motor driven tail is generally more durable but for me that is not enough benefit to go back to a motor driven tail.

With that said, the 4G3 was my last motor driven tail and I'm sure the Genius is light years ahead of the 4G3 but when I went to the 4G6, I felt like I regained control over the tail not only in flying but also in maintenance and tuning and I find the VP tail to be superior in every way (except maybe durability) and will likely stay with the VP tail from now on. Just my preference.
procrasher is offline Find More Posts by procrasher
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:27 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
I mentioned fixing the tx in a previous post, I meant the firmware in the rx - hopefully Finless will be able to review the new one he is being sent which supposedly fixes 'something' (according to WK), which I am assuming is the rx firmware, looking forward to his (and others of the improved production version) review!
Old Nov 09, 2011, 12:52 PM
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
V120D02S release date

Any news on the release date? I am anxious to get my hands in one of those.
Waterfly is offline Find More Posts by Waterfly
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:09 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrasher View Post
I am another that does not like motor driven tails. They are not as responsive as a VP tail and they can be a nightmare to tune. Getting piro rates the same is almost impossible some times. I would say the only benefit to a motor driven tail over a VP tail is the motor driven tail is generally more durable but for me that is not enough benefit to go back to a motor driven tail.

With that said, the 4G3 was my last motor driven tail and I'm sure the Genius is light years ahead of the 4G3 but when I went to the 4G6, I felt like I regained control over the tail not only in flying but also in maintenance and tuning and I find the VP tail to be superior in every way (except maybe durability) and will likely stay with the VP tail from now on. Just my preference.
I used to think that was true as well. A VP tail, IMO, was always more consistent and predictable in flight. Until I saw Manny fly this...

Blade cp pro Neu Powered 3d flight (3 min 44 sec)

Crazy. So I guess with the right set-up, the motor tail can perform just as good on certain size helis. I have also seen a T450 with a motor tail heli at the field and it was just killing it.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:07 PM
Ibs
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
399 Posts
S Shipped

Hi all,

I have been told that my S has been shipped from OOModel.com. I am waiting and hoping it arrives before the weekend although that might be expecting too much. I am very excited
Ibs is offline Find More Posts by Ibs
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:25 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Let us know what you think of it mate, it looks a good heli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibs View Post
Hi all,

I have been told that my S has been shipped from OOModel.com. I am waiting and hoping it arrives before the weekend although that might be expecting too much. I am very excited
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Finally the model for 2801/ 260X transmitter is in stock.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:00 PM
Norway
Joined Oct 2010
145 Posts
An "Ultra Durable" from Walkera? Nah, now I'm going to sleep,, happily knowing I'm through with broken tail rotor blades and electronics. Might buy one, but this time, knowing money is already dead, and enjoyment lasts for only a week, of course, I may myself "up" the crash (from my lack of stick time experience), before it dies from natural (default) sickness anyway
Helicrush is offline Find More Posts by Helicrush
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:05 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
The man certainly can fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I used to think that was true as well. A VP tail, IMO, was always more consistent and predictable in flight. Until I saw Manny fly this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP1yFYqnYf0

Crazy. So I guess with the right set-up, the motor tail can perform just as good on certain size helis. I have also seen a T450 with a motor tail heli at the field and it was just killing it.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:05 AM
Before Oblivion
United Kingdom, England, Kingswinford
Joined Oct 2004
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Finally the model for 2801/ 260X transmitter is in stock.
Why is it that no one seems to be offering this as a combo with the Devo 6 Tx, will you be later ?
olof is offline Find More Posts by olof
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:12 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
Why is it that no one seems to be offering this as a combo with the Devo 6 Tx, will you be later ?
I'm sure you will be able to get all the new tx & 2801tx combos soon.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny