HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:02 AM
Joined Sep 2011
35 Posts
Personally I love the MCPX. But the Genius has been getting good reviews. But then again I've just ordered the V120D02S. Maybe I'm not much help
Helimatty is offline Find More Posts by Helimatty
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:39 AM
Joined Jan 2007
516 Posts
My suggestion is get the Genius and go brushless and get some "hyper" batteries. Climbout is insane.

It is small and nimble and relative durable and is avaible now.

I have it.
hugo-norway is offline Find More Posts by hugo-norway
Old Nov 03, 2011, 06:12 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
753 Posts
Tnx for your suggestions, guys! Where dit you both order them?

As I am already in posession of an Aurora 9 Tx, which is useless with both micro's, I think of getting a devo6. It's the only Tx that has a good OS and not too expensive......(Bloody hassle Walkera doesn't have a 3- axis rx compatable with Hitec)
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:40 PM
Joined Jan 2007
516 Posts
I got it from where i get most of my stuff, from Terence

http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraGenius_Heli.htm

He is a nice guy with low shipping and no shitting
hugo-norway is offline Find More Posts by hugo-norway
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,323 Posts
A shipment is due to arrive in Hong Kong on Wednesday 16th Nov. The street price will be $167 for a 2801 BNF version.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:40 PM
Auburn, NE
Joined Jan 2007
51 Posts
How about the Devo version?
fas66 is offline Find More Posts by fas66
Old Nov 05, 2011, 05:40 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Any more news when this is being released? Think this is going to be my first CP if they sort the rx out.
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 05, 2011, 07:13 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Any more news when this is being released? Think this is going to be my first CP if they sort the rx out.
I'd go for the Genius if I were you...it's so much fun.

Then purchase the V120D02S when Walkera gets it right...just my 2¢.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Nov 05, 2011, 07:52 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
I have thought about getting the Genius but the tail motor puts me off, I probably sound daft but I'm not keen on tail motors, both the heli's I have at the moment have them and I want a variable pitch tail for my next heli and something I can fly in the back garden with a little wind which is why I am thinking of this one, if they fix the tx (which is why they put the release date back from what I've read) then it should be fine shouldn't it lol
Old Nov 05, 2011, 08:09 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
uhhh... I jsut found this and at first I was excited but as I look at it isnt it just a 4g6 minus the flybar?

I mean the driven tail is cool and all but that damn pinion gear is an absolute nightmare. It strips if the tail touches a blade of grass and you cant buy it alone last I checked, you had to buy a 3.00 bag of gears. This is why I dont fly my 4g6 any more. 3.00 per crash is way to much for such a smalll heli.
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Nov 05, 2011, 08:50 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
The tail gear has supposedly been toughened up from the original V120D02 along with the main shaft and main gear and a few other bits (will have to wait to see a review of the production model) but either way if I get it I'll be doing the clutch mod on the tail anyway which should mean no stripped gears (hopefully!)
Old Nov 05, 2011, 09:41 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious View Post
uhhh... I jsut found this and at first I was excited but as I look at it isnt it just a 4g6 minus the flybar?

I mean the driven tail is cool and all but that damn pinion gear is an absolute nightmare. It strips if the tail touches a blade of grass and you cant buy it alone last I checked, you had to buy a 3.00 bag of gears. This is why I dont fly my 4g6 any more. 3.00 per crash is way to much for such a smalll heli.
The is already a 4G6 minus a flybar: it is the current V120D02

There are other variations as well:

V120D03 - Motorized tail
V120D05 - Belt Drive Tail
V120D06 - Brushed motor with motorized tail

M120D01 - Carbon fibre frame i.e. built like a miniature Trex 250

Quote:
I have thought about getting the Genius but the tail motor puts me off, I probably sound daft but I'm not keen on tail motors, both the heli's I have at the moment have them and I want a variable pitch tail for my next heli and something I can fly in the back garden with a little wind which is why I am thinking of this one, if they fix the tx (which is why they put the release date back from what I've read) then it should be fine shouldn't it lol
The tail rotor of the Genius holds so well that you will be hard pressed to find any difference is normal sports flying. The Genius CP definitely handles moderate wind very well. I have a 4G6s and M120D01 and they have proven to be a nightmare to maintain. Although the V120D02S will be more durable, it is unlikely to approach anything near the Genius CP.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:13 AM
Ibs
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
399 Posts
Quote:
Hi neither my V120D02 or M120D01 handle the wind as well as my mCPx and I believe the Genius CP flies very similar to the mCPx. Don't let the size of the Genius put you off.
Ibs is offline Find More Posts by Ibs
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:25 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yea, don't let the small size put you off. I have flown the genius in more wind than i would have if flying the gaui 200. The genius will surprise you.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:24 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
753 Posts
I just can't imagine why Walkera keeps on changing Tx systems. 2801 is not compatible with Devo and vice-versa. So, allthough I have a perfect module capable Hitec Aurora there is no way to fly a Walkera with it.
So I am bound to get a Walkera TX. Which one? The cheapest is the Devo7, but if I look at its OS its just a nightmare..........
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl