SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:40 PM
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
looks to me again walkera rushed to get it into production....didn't pay enough attention to detail....
Mechanically it's probably fine, needs the old Rx. 2610V2...

It won't be the first Walkera that only needed a receiver to make it flyable...4F200???

AB
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:45 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,913 Posts
if somebody could figure out a way to get the Genius rx to drive a servo on the rudder channel it would be perfect cause the gyros in it are real nice...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:54 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
I just asked Finless if his V120D02S was experiencing the same problem with the servos returning slowly. This was his response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
Not sure that video is valid? Reason I say that is I flew mine this Sunday to test it out. I did all kinds of 3D with it at full stock settings! I really liked the way it flew. Sorry, no video of those couple of flights as again I was testing it out. I will test mine this week to see if on the bench my swash does that as in the video you sent but if so, it doesn't seem to do it in the air! At least not on mine.

FYI, feel free to quote me on this PM if you like. It's the truth from me so far.

Bob
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:55 PM
Ibs
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyHelifly11 View Post
Mechanically it's probably fine, needs the old Rx. 2610V2...

It won't be the first Walkera that only needed a receiver to make it flyable...4F200???

AB
Hi,
I am furious I got an M120 on the back of the 2610V2 only to find it has big problems with 3D and most people either put a flybar or 2610V2 on it. I spent a lot of money on that and I was very disappointed with the performance of the M120.
Then I have already ordered the S, on the back of the Genius, and DKFuji and Many's review is extremely disappointing (not the review - the product). They reviewed an early copy so we should wait for the final production helis before being too critical. I hope Walkera are revising (as we speak) the firmware in the RX to reduce the delay prior to release. I was told that my supplier would receive the heli tomorrow (2nd Nov) so they do not have long unless they delay the release.
This is potentially my second disappointment from Walkera and may result in me never purchasing a heli from them again unless they put it right before the S arrives on my door. Why can't they do a proper testing program with customers who actually want their heli

Rant over.
Ibs is offline Find More Posts by Ibs
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:57 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
I just asked Finless if his V120D02S was experiencing the same problem with the servos returning slowly. This was his response:
If his doesnt do it hopefully Walkera could send Wow a replacement fast. Maybe D just got a bad one.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
Ibs
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
Now I am just confused Maybe relieved "The proof is in the pudding" as they say where I grew up (England) so I will judge the heli when it arrives. I can't fly like Many so it may not be a problem for me YET but I do plan on getting better and don't want to be constrained by a heli.
Ibs is offline Find More Posts by Ibs
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:22 PM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
Whew, I get to save my money for a few more months while Walkera fixes their Rx
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:32 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I really hope they get it to fly as good as the Genius CP. I really want this heli but i am not buying anymore walkera helis unless it flies as good as my genius. I am not that much of a tinkerer or modder. I used to like modding when ever i could but now i like to spend my time flying. I have always wondered why walkera even comes out with different rx's or different software with each model. And how come they get it rite in some and not in others.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:04 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
I am hoping Bob is right and he has a version that is working properly. A vid of stick response would be good. All I can do is report and show the delay that we found that effects flight performance in continuous 3D flight. Its not an opinion or a "feeling". It is a fact (at least with this heli). We also tested the 2702V, MCPx, Align 3GX and Mikado V-bar (I have all of them) and none of them has that delay in them. There is, of course, the possibility that Finless got a later version of the heli (since his has the indestructible canopy) so it would not surprise me if Walkera has already changed the firmware in the Rx. Lord knows they update stuff 3-4 times between pre-production and production runs all the time.

I also just bench tested the V120 and the Genius to compare movement while the heli is spinning/flying (per Bob's post). I had the V120 at 3/4 throttle stick and then gave it full right stick and released the stick to middle. The swash actually stayed full right!!! It did not return to middle until I gave it some left stick. I even tried to simulate the heli movement in the air by tilting the heli the appropriate angle per swash tilt. The swash still stayed full right. The same for elevator. I then did the same with the Genius and the swash just snapped back to middle like its supposed on both aileron and elevator. Walkera should just copy the firmware from the Genius Rx to the new 120 Rx. Simple right? LOL.

Also hope Finless posts a vid of his heli soon. Just curious to see if there is an updated version already.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Last edited by dkfuji; Nov 01, 2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 02:53 AM
DLY
HobbyOne
Joined Aug 2011
128 Posts
3D performance of this V120D02S:

Walkera V120D02S professional 3D flight ! (2 min 54 sec)
DLY is offline Find More Posts by DLY
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 01, 2011, 03:09 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
That looked like it flew really good.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Nov 01, 2011, 04:32 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Maybe walkera's RX is a prototype...
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 01, 2011, 04:58 AM
Joined Jul 2010
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Walkera is doing some final changes to improve the performance for 3D flight. The production version should be avaliable early Nov. I finally flow the prototype for the first time yesterday. We keep trashing it around and it just keep flying!!! Nice.
Dont you guys remember this was mentioned a few days ago....

I dont do 3d yet, just want a brushless out of the box lightning fast sportflying heli!
This should be the one I hope !
HenryV is offline Find More Posts by HenryV
Old Nov 01, 2011, 09:02 AM
Micro-Heli-Addict
Preston, Idaho
Joined Jan 2011
474 Posts
Measurements?

Would it be possible to get some measurements of the main shaft OD and the Main bearings OD?

I like the way my Xtreme V120D02 flies. I would just like to upgrade to the newer head, shaft, blades, & gearing.

Thanks & Regards, Jeff
jlbrandt01 is offline Find More Posts by jlbrandt01
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:33 PM
United States, CA, Glendora
Joined Oct 2004
152 Posts
OOMODEL review

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-v120d...r-p-61659.html

"The feeling of control is quite different to 180D, if you flied this before. 180 is like a tractor while 120d02s is like a sports car! For which is quite, zippy and response with high agility. Of course it is very stable to hover as if video show. But if you really want to do 3D with it, it’s possible but the heavy tail make it little bit imperfect.In forward flight, the heavy tail also leads to pitch up, seems have to adjust the center of gravity

Some said left turn is smooth, but right turn need more maneuvre, meanwhile you may feel the gyro fighting with you. But this will be better with proper trimming and adjustment. Some mods of replacing with Rx 2622V and servo arms will make it fly perfectly beautiful."
PowerPlay is offline Find More Posts by PowerPlay