Old Oct 25, 2011, 02:52 AM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
Aircraft stock now at -7.
Aawww maaaan... I should've known that'd happen when I saw it make the scrolling advert box on their main page. Damn. :-( Always the same with HK, they move stock FAST.
4x4rc is offline Find More Posts by 4x4rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:36 AM
Joined Feb 2009
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4rc View Post
Aawww maaaan... I should've known that'd happen when I saw it make the scrolling advert box on their main page. Damn. :-( Always the same with HK, they move stock FAST.
You mean they SELL it fast, not MOVE it fast... I placed my order for this plane 5 days ago now and only just got a "packed to be sent" message from them, seriously not even a "has been sent" message...

I pay for EMS and it will be nearly 1 week before it is event sent, even when everything was in stock...
edak is offline Find More Posts by edak
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:46 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edak View Post
You mean they SELL it fast, not MOVE it fast... I placed my order for this plane 5 days ago now and only just got a "packed to be sent" message from them, seriously not even a "has been sent" message...

I pay for EMS and it will be nearly 1 week before it is event sent, even when everything was in stock...
Same here. EMS and waiting to be shipped.

I asked both on PM and here on the thread if this model has enough power to punch out of a hover. No response. The video shows it depending from the hover onto the floor. I guess I'll test out the thing myself when mine ever gets shipped.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:31 AM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
966 Posts
Why don't you use Drivecalc to see what the power output would be? Motor and prop are known, and so is the AUW. If thrust > AUW it will, otherwise it won't...
4x4rc is offline Find More Posts by 4x4rc
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:34 AM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Looks like an awesome plane. Would love to hear people's results. They really need to correct the shipping to Canada though. Canada should be able to order from the US warehouse. Furthermore $30 shipping for a $69.99 product is not okay. I'm sure HK makes the lion share of their profit from shipping costs cause I'm sure it's not $30 to ship that small box.

Still love HK, just upset that my brain won't let me order a $70 plane and pay half for shipping! :/
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:07 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; Nov 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:30 AM
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
818 Posts
I will definitely have to get one of these when the come back in stock! can't wait till you guys start receiving them, they look great.
forsakenrider is offline Find More Posts by forsakenrider
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:21 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2011
148 Posts
just so you guys know, I emailed Glenn over at rcconnectors about the connector Bud let us know we'd need, and he made it.

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=337
Aekero is offline Find More Posts by Aekero
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Last edited by maukabud; Nov 19, 2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
He must make a killing.. $6.39 for 5-10cents in parts :/

Damn I should start making these and blow them out for half that price. Takes roughly 3-5 minutes to make one if you have everything in front of you and ready.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:41 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:59 AM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
No, if you buy the connectors in bulk you get them at cents a piece. I get my heat shrink for $1 a meter and could be less if i purchased 10 meters or so, like maybe 20 cents a meter.. probably only use 4cm here so thats a few cents too. wire? few cents.

If you purchase the connectors for $1 a piece, yes, it's a few dollars. But again, buy 100 or 1000 from the source and they are really damn cheapo. I could be wrong, but I'm sure digikey sells em for like 0.03 or 0.05 a piece.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:03 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
Looks like an awesome plane. Would love to hear people's results. They really need to correct the shipping to Canada though. Canada should be able to order from the US warehouse. Furthermore $30 shipping for a $69.99 product is not okay. I'm sure HK makes the lion share of their profit from shipping costs cause I'm sure it's not $30 to ship that small box.

Still love HK, just upset that my brain won't let me order a $70 plane and pay half for shipping! :/
Don't love HobbyKing at all myself. I have ordered two planes from them, a 55" Rainbow pattern foamy and a 2M Minimoa powered glider, and both were damaged in shipping. Somewhere near $60 shipping on each. The Minimoa wings were bent at the tips due to poor packaging and the Rainbow's fuselage was rainbow shaped due to an inadequate box. Fortunately they were repairable, since shipping them back is WAY too expensive from Canada. No more planes from HK for me unless it is from the US (I live very near the border).

I will be waiting for the UMX Beast 3D BNF (google if interested). It is $140 against $100 for the Slick (shipped to Canada) and it is a heck of a lot more plane. It includes the receiver as well. And I would not be surprised if free shipping to the US will be included.

Sorry to be off topic, but HobbyKing is for batteries as far as I am concerned. Used to be for motors too, but they are almost always out of stock now. And nearly anything else I might want is usually out of stock as well.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:03 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2011
148 Posts
true it doesn't cost much to make, but anything around $5 I'm probably not going to worry about the price. (unless I need 20 of them!)

There's a reason people buy babbelbatts even though they cost more, I'm all about the convenience and quality I know I'll get from Glenn. Time is money, and I'd waste too much of my time trying to make this myself.
Aekero is offline Find More Posts by Aekero
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:06 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts