HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:08 PM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
Ok, but Jirka's word "vždy" meaning "exactly" could confuse someone and make someone angry if (after two competitions) will be nominated only one pilot. I don't want to cross someone out, or something... Just knowing the rules as you explained could for motivate someone to try harder! or something else, I don't know.

Jan
HonzaS is offline Find More Posts by HonzaS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Now I understand. I wrote on RCMania : "In principle 2 places are available for Czech pilots" because SportAccord insists on no more than two pilots per country.
As I said, the level of the Czech pilots warrants two places, but the ranking will tell.
FAI guy
FAI_guy is offline Find More Posts by FAI_guy
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:54 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
I'm working on some of the guys!

Pehaps if I go as the old man some of the boys will come and hold my hand
i flew in etoc and did fine. it was easy i think i can do this and im only 11
dsp 180 is offline Find More Posts by dsp 180
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:16 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Great news. Tetsuo Onda, the F3A pattern vice-World champion and F3P Japan National champion, will represent Japan at the World Artistic Games in China. He will join Chris Brislin from Australia and Christopher Harris from South Africa so that all continents will be represented.
Europe will be headed by Fabien Turpaud (FRA), Martin Müller (GER) and Donatas Pauzuolis (LTU), the medal winners at the 2009 World Air Games in Italy.
The US pilots are still to be nominated by AMA.

FAI guy
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:44 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
Hi Guy,

good to hear that WArtG pilot list is filling up, but there is one HUGE unsolved question mark hanging above the Czech republic. According to Jiří Havel (yesterdays info) Czech republic will nominate two pilots according to own criteria (4 best results from 5 competitions) instead of following international pilot ranking system.

And now, please, don't tell me what you have already said here, just talk to Jiří and figure out how is that going to be. What we want to hear is one or the other version agreed by both of you.

Or you can just leave it be and solve it in March, when disagreements between FAI and SMČR will pop up in March. This will make a lot of people angry, because they were not told in time what version is valid. And as Master Yoda once said: Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I don't want any of that among Czech (or any else) pilots.

Hope this will be figured out soon.

Jan
PS: http://www.rcmania.cz/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43835
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:18 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Ahoj Honzo,

Here is exactly what had been decided by the F6 Working Group:
1) WAG 2009 trophy winners automatically selected (they are Fabien Turpaud from France, Martin Müller from Germany and Donatas Pauzuolis from Lithuania).
2) NACs may nominate up to 2 pilots, either through selection contest(s) or otherwise.
3) Nomination to be made before the end of March, 2012.
4) Final list to be made by the F6 Working Group by comparing proposed pilots performance against known top pilots at international selection contests (Prague, Vilnius, Belgium, France ? ). (This was finalized on June 19, but actually only Mons and Prague are registered by now)
5) This list to be presented to the April, 2012 CIAM Bureau for final agreement.

To be clear, the Czech are perfectly entitled to nominate two pilots, but the final decision on who will actually be invited to China depends on how they compare with other pilots at international selection contests. This is why it is highly advisable that at least one of the Czech contenders flies at one of the selection contests to establish a comparison mean with known pilots such as German Markus Zolitsch who will fly in Mons.

All this goes outside the scope of this forum,so if necessary we'll go on privately by email and not here.

FAI guy
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:45 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Mons, Belgium AeroMusicals contest registration deadline

Hi all European (and American) pilots,

I'm being told that the registration deadline for the Mons contest is January 2nd.
Don't miss the opportunity if you want to fly alongside some of the top European freestyle pilots and if you may be interested with a free ticket to fly at a World event in China next year.

FAI guy
Old Dec 10, 2011, 01:22 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAI_guy View Post
Hi all European (and American) pilots,

I'm being told that the registration deadline for the Mons contest is January 2nd.
According to the organizers website "Online registrations will be closed on January 10th at midnight", i.e. one of the two deadlines is wrong.

http://xray227.server4you.net/Aeromusicals2012.html

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:36 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
No deadline is wrong. But if the number of entries on January 2nd is not sufficient to cover the hall renting costs, the contest will not take place.

FAI guy
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:17 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAI_guy View Post
No deadline is wrong. But if the number of entries on January 2nd is not sufficient to cover the hall renting costs, the contest will not take place.

FAI guy
Thanks for the information. Good to know, that the competition might be cancelled - again. In this case, I have to wait before I can book accommodation and rental car, because if you book special deals in advance, they will not be reimbursed. What is the minimum number of pilots to make this event take place?

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:43 PM
Joined Aug 2004
192 Posts
Hey guys,

I contacted the AMA today and they said alot of this information has not been passed along to them for this event. If someone who is apart of the event would contact the AMA. I would really like to participate.
aglenn is offline Find More Posts by aglenn
Last edited by aglenn; Dec 12, 2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:17 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglenn View Post
Hey guys,
I contacted the AMA today and they said alot of this information has not been passed along to them for this event. If someone who is apart of the event would contact the AMA. I would really like to participate.
Should be done by next week from the FAI office.

FAI guy

Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
See you in Mons, Belgium next week for the first selection contest.
Should be exciting.

FAI guy
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:32 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
As I understand first points for WArtG selection were given. I'm just a little sad that it (as always) wasn't fairly judged and this time one of judges made even confession about it. I hoped that young Marc would qualify... so maybe next time when he gets older. :-/

Jan
http://www.rcmania.cz/download/file....3291&mode=view
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonzaS View Post
As I understand first points for WArtG selection were given. I'm just a little sad that it (as always) wasn't fairly judged and this time one of judges made even confession about it. I hoped that young Marc would qualify... so maybe next time when he gets older. :-/
Jan
Hello Honzo,
It is difficult to say that it was or not fairly judged, at least the results appear to agree with the general impression most participants and spectators (me included) had about the event. The 3 German pilots changed position through the competition and I understand Marc Faulhaber intends to come to the Prague contest and try to improve his position. The actual ranking points, according to the sporting code, are in blue on the results sheet.

FAI guy