SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:36 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hi Chris, you will also need a FAI licence, you can get the form from the BMFA, attach a foto and fill out the form and you will have it within a few days.
If Simon is over in Northern Ireland on a Christmas break your welcome to having my transport box. It holds 2 models and cost for airlines is simple luggage fee. I used it on my last trip to Belgium.
When I went to Mons I got flights with Ryan air to Brussels then a train to Mons, it was an easy trip for an old timer like me lol
I am so glad to see your thinking of going

Richard
richard boyd is offline Find More Posts by richard boyd
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:55 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
The real problem I see with a competition in Mons in January 2012 is having a valid FAI Sporting Code available. The 2011 edition is no longer on the FAI server and the new editions often are not available until February.

Competitions in Mons have also changed dates in the past and another competition in Mons got cancelled. With F3P/F6B being "dead" in Belgium since 2008, I am interested to see what is going to happen.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:07 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
The real problem I see with a competition in Mons in January 2012 is having a valid FAI Sporting Code available. The 2011 edition is no longer on the FAI server and the new editions often are not available until February.
Jürgen
As you should know, any change is clearly written in the minutes of the latest plenary meeting, many months ago.

FAI guy
FAI_guy is offline Find More Posts by FAI_guy
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAI_guy View Post
As you should know, any change is clearly written in the minutes of the latest plenary meeting, many months ago.

FAI guy
Well, unfortunately sometimes all you get is drafts and quite often the maneuver descriptions don't match the Aresti Drawings - which leaves room for interpretations and confusion.

The minutes therefore are no substitute for proper documents.

Jürgen
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:24 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
I give up. Quite clearly you only want to argue and discourage people from attending the contest. There is no manoeuver description nor Aresti drawings with AeroMusicals and the only one change in the rules for 2012 is very clearly described in the minutes.

FAI guy
Old Nov 08, 2011, 11:41 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAI_guy View Post
I give up. Quite clearly you only want to argue and discourage people from attending the contest. There is no manoeuver description nor Aresti drawings with AeroMusicals and the only one change in the rules for 2012 is very clearly described in the minutes.

FAI guy
Hi Guy,

I was referring to errors in the CIAM minutes in general and not specifically F6B. Minutes are no subsitute for a valid sporting code. You can't expect participants to have an old copy of the 2011 sporting code saved on their computer and have read the minutes of the CIAM meeting. Why do you think "I discourage people from attending the contest"? As I mentioned before, I am interested in this competiton and intend to attend it probably with a small team.

Jürgen
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Nov 08, 2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 02:14 AM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Nov 2007
80 Posts
Quote:
Hi Chris, you will also need a FAI licence, you can get the form from the BMFA, attach a foto and fill out the form and you will have it within a few days.
If Simon is over in Northern Ireland on a Christmas break your welcome to having my transport box. It holds 2 models and cost for airlines is simple luggage fee. I used it on my last trip to Belgium.
When I went to Mons I got flights with Ryan air to Brussels then a train to Mons, it was an easy trip for an old timer like me lol
I am so glad to see your thinking of going
Hi Richard,

long time no see, hope you are doing well. Thanks for the offer of transport box but I think it will be easy enough for me to bring a kit over and build it here. I can do alot of the prep work at home so it should only take a few hours to finish it.

I'll sort out a license when I get back to UK at the end of the month, hadn't even gave it a thought.

Quote:
Competitions in Mons have also changed dates in the past and another competition in Mons got cancelled. With F3P/F6B being "dead" in Belgium since 2008, I am interested to see what is going to happen.
I hope this event does go ahead, for me it is not such a problem as I am in country for pretty much the whole of january. I can understand how others may be affected but I am just going to go along for a bit of fun. Hopefully it shall be on and I can meet some of the top European pilots and learn from them. Hope to see you all there.

Regards

Chris
Chris Currie is offline Find More Posts by Chris Currie
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:02 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
LBA/BML Homepage

According to the organisers homepage, two international competitions in February/March 2012 are planned. I assume this information is already obsolete.

http://www.belairmodels.be/indoor-aeromusicals-revival

Jürgen
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:54 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Registration for Mons AeroMusicals contest now open

Hi,

Registration for the Mons, Belgium AeroMusicals is now open. It is also a selection contest to qualify for the World Artistic Games in China next year.
In short, the World's top 24 pilots will qualify, travel and in-country expenses paid.

FAI guy
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:58 PM
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands, Europe
Joined Feb 2005
30 Posts
I'm registering tomorrow, looking forward to my first F6B contest.

Gonna spend a lot of time reading the rules ;-) seems pretty different than F3P-AM.
Nando is offline Find More Posts by Nando
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:37 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Czech pilots

Apparently there are at least six Czech pilots able to win a ticket to China. I guess they better compete first in Belgium before their home contest in Prague to improve their chances in qualifying ..
Honzo, did you register ?
I also learn there will be one pilot from South Africa making the trip. With one Aussie already qualified, it will be a truly worldwide affair
Anybody from Russia interested with the China trip ? Attending the Prague contest may be the trick to qualify. Alexey ?

FAI guy
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:39 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
203 Posts
Ahoj Guy!
unfortunately I have work to do on 13.January in the evening so it is not possible for me to fly in Belgium. No, I did not register.

I hope competition in Czech republic is going to be enough, I don't think that participation in two competitions and spending some extra money will help to figure out which Czech pilot is the best (and one after him). Please keep in mind that me, Marek Plichta, Jiří Šotola, Jakub Nečesánek and Jan Votava are all students and some of us don't want to spend (parents' ) money just like that. But if you think it is necessary to fly in Belgium I'm ok with that. :-)

Jan
HonzaS is online now Find More Posts by HonzaS
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Hello Honzo,

It's not exactly like that as there are not automatic two places for Czech pilots. Putting aside the places that are already filled in (the 3 WAG medal winners, etc.) there are 16 available places and they will be attributed according to the international ranking. According to recent performances (and what I have seen last month in Prague) it is clear that at least one Czech pilot will get a ticket to China, but the second place depends upon the compared performances with pilots from other countries.
Also AMA has two places for US pilots if they are simply nominated. But if an AeroMusicals contest takes place in the US to pick up the top pilots and they prove equal or better than the top European pilots, there may be more than two US pilots invited to the WArtGames.
Just remember, the selection system is similar to that used for World Air Games : International ranking, not national. There are a few differences simply because of specific requirements : not more than 2 pilots per country, pilots from all continents, etc.

FAI guy
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
203 Posts
Ahoj Guy,
that makes sense, but i have never heard that before. Because of Jiří Havel wrote:

"Česko, Francie a Německo budou zastupovat vždy 2 piloti, ostatní země po
jednom."

Translated: "Czech Republic, France and Germany will be represented by 2 pilots, other countries by one pilot"

If you don't mind, I'll send your text with some rough translation on RCmania and email it to Czech pilots and organizers. This just makes things a bit different than we were told. Thanks for making it clear!

Jan
HonzaS is online now Find More Posts by HonzaS
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:52 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonzaS View Post
Ahoj Guy,
that makes sense, but i have never heard that before. Because of Jiří Havel wrote:
"Česko, Francie a Německo budou zastupovat vždy 2 piloti, ostatní země po
jednom."
Translated: "Czech Republic, France and Germany will be represented by 2 pilots, other countries by one pilot"
Jan
Actualy it was : these countries are the most likely to have two pilots selected because of their number of high-level pilots. I believe there will be two Czech pilots, but decision will be after the ranking, not my belief.

FAI guy