Closed Thread
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:50 AM
Maui RC Modelers
United States, HI, Lahaina
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
Discussion
First HK order from USA Warehouse.....

Well I have always ordered from the INT'L Warehouse in the past and haven't had any issues thus far. I would normally place an order and within 24 hours of it being placed and paid for, HK ships my package, and within a total of 5 business days I get my packege.

Last week I decided to order some batteries from the US Store thinking it would be faster than getting it shipped in from the Country I reside in. Not....
Basically I placed my order on a Friday and 2 business days later it still says its being packed. CS has said they will request they speed up my order.

Guess I thought ordering from within the country I live in would get me my stuff sooner. So far I have been wrong. hehehe

My question is for those who have ordered from the US store. How long typically has the US store taken from the time they receive your payment and order have they actually shipped?

Aloha,
Les
MolokaiBoy is offline Find More Posts by MolokaiBoy
Last edited by MolokaiBoy; Nov 03, 2011 at 11:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:33 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,132 Posts
I've been avoiding the vendor forum due to all the "drama" but my last 3 orders form the USA warehouse 5 days to my door.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:05 PM
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolokaiBoy View Post
Well I have always ordered from the INT'L Warehouse in the past and haven't had any issues thus far. I would normally place an order and within 24 hours of it being placed and paid for, HK ships my package, and within a total of 5 business days I get my packege.

Last week I decided to order some batteries from the US Store thinking it would be faster than getting it shipped in from the Country I reside in. Not....
Basically I placed my order on a Friday and 2 business days later it still says its being packed. CS has said they will request they speed up my order.

Guess I thought ordering from within the country I live in would get me my stuff sooner. So far I have been wrong. hehehe

My question is for those who have ordered from the US store. How long typically has the US store taken from the time they receive your payment and order have they actually shipped?

Aloha,
Les
I've always had this problem with the USA warehouse. Takes them as long as it does in the INTL warehouse just to get stuff packaged and mailed off.

Just for a reference, a few months back, I ordered some ESC's and batteries off of the USA warehouse and also a seperate order of some motors off of the INTL warehouse with EMS shipping. By the time they were packaged and shipped and all that good stuff, both of them arrived at my door the same day. The motors went straight through customs the day they came into Chicago. And I only live a 10 hour drive south
firepong is offline Find More Posts by firepong
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:55 PM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
it takes 3 or 4 days for them to process my order and then another 5 bus. days to receive it. I usually just anticipate about 10 days everytime when ordering from CA companies since I'm on the other coast. To their credit i haven't had any of the issues that i have read from other posts like getting damaged products....knock on wood
crockett828 is offline Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:27 AM
Maui RC Modelers
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
Well I have an update....
I received an email saying that my order was backordered. There was something wrong with the computers and although it was showing "in stock" at the time of my purchase it wasn't. So long story short. I got my money back in the form of credit and will have the INTL Warehouse fill it instead.

Quote:
it takes 3 or 4 days for them to process my order and then another 5 bus. days to receive it.
I usually get my orders from the INTL store in about 5 days from the time it is placed and I receive it via EMS. So maybe I'll stick with ordering at that store.

Aloha,
Les
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:36 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
well i ordered a pheonix 2000 glider from the hong kong wharehouse it came and it flies great my buddy had me order one for him so I ordered his from the usa wharehouse ,I did this to see if it actually comes from usa ,and not china,I personally think it will come from china .I do not think they have a us wharehouse no one has ever proved it .so I will find out for my self when my pakage arrives ,I am writing this because I was berated by some one named pheonix somthing for suggesting that they really dont have one in the us.so I will put my money where my mouth is and find out ,its shipped and should be here in a couple ofdays and I will take a picture of the lable and post for all to see.
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:03 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer vtwin View Post
well i ordered a pheonix 2000 glider from the hong kong wharehouse it came and it flies great my buddy had me order one for him so I ordered his from the usa wharehouse ,I did this to see if it actually comes from usa ,and not china,I personally think it will come from china .I do not think they have a us wharehouse no one has ever proved it .so I will find out for my self when my pakage arrives ,I am writing this because I was berated by some one named pheonix somthing for suggesting that they really dont have one in the us.so I will put my money where my mouth is and find out ,its shipped and should be here in a couple ofdays and I will take a picture of the lable and post for all to see.
I have ordered a couple times from the USA warehouse including a phoenix 2000 and can affirm that the package did indeed come from Washington

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:39 AM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
kool then
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:51 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
not dogging on hobbyking but here is my concern, all warranty issue have to be shipped back to china warehouse for inspection at the cost of the customer.
warbirdguyn951 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdguyn951
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:36 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun600 View Post
not dogging on hobbyking but here is my concern, all warranty issue have to be shipped back to china warehouse for inspection at the cost of the customer.
That is incorrect!
Any item purchased in US can be sent to the WA warehouse.
US warehouse can only check lipos out. All other items they return to HongKong in batches so it will take longer going through the US warehouse. But that is an option.

Some items don't need to be returned if a picture will get the job done, in HK's opinion.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
I guess but who want's to wait 2 to 3 months to get a warranty and that if they cover whats wrong to begin with,,,,,, ohh for those who say b/S it take 37 to 43 days to have a container travel by ship to china then add in another 7 -10 days for Hobby king to receiver the item after going through customs. so if you figure all that into it.

Let's ask you a question is a better to buy from a Hk and save 20 to 40 or even 100 bucks! or buy from a local dealer sure ya pay a bit more but when you have a issue you get it taken care now or buy from HK wait 3-4 months to see if they even are going to cover the issue?

What does a 100 Bucks get you these days??? not much........in this hobby!
Last edited by warbirdguyn951; Oct 29, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:27 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,006 Posts
57 orders from HK with one DOA item which they replaced. Other than that,
I haven't had any problems with payments, deliveries, or product quality.
Our local Hobby shop has very little inventory so that's really not an option.

I've got about 6 vendors I check stateside for a product before going overseas. A lot of the time, HK is the only one that has what I'm looking for or the price is so much lower I can't pass it up.

For the prices HK charges, I don't worry about returns but they did replace the rx that was doa. It take 2 months but I didn't sweat it.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:35 PM
Maui RC Modelers
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
While I love supporting my LHS or even US sellers, sometimes for myself as well as many others in the US I suspect, we all try to save money where and when we can. I do not have the luxury of being able to spend excessively on my hobby like I used to, but some can.
While I limit my HK orders to certain items, I have been very happy thus far with my experiences with HK. I use many items from them for my small foamies and helis. They may ne be the high quality of some of my other items which are purchased from here in the US, it gets the job done and does what I expect.
Many items I have bought from US retailers has more than likely come from overseas. I mean how much of the products we buy that is related to this hobby is actually Made in USA in its entirety? I think my XL Fury, and my Syssa engine.
HK has made this hobby available to the massesand many people use HK's products to enjoy this hobby at a lower cost then before.

Just my opinion.

Aloha,
Les
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
well brother that's good from what I read in these forums your one of the few. I wont buy from them.I'd rather support my local shop... but that me, some thing's are worth more then a few dollars saved.
this is in regard to hoppy response
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
living in Hawaii and flying R/C now im jelous
Closed Thread