HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:23 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,438 Posts
Discussion
AGM-86A Full Fuse RCBG

I'm starting to re-work my original ALCM into an A model complete with side covers and a more 3-d fuse/nose. I'll need to upscale the wings and move them a bit for CG but so far it looks like the shape won't be too complicated to approximate and still be simple construction.

Stay Tuned.

Attaching a photo of the shape of the A model, difficult to find a 3-view, so this will be mostly photo based.)

Lots of progress today, was able to cut out and slot, and test fit, install the full flying tail and rocket mount, fit and cut the side covers, glue the main frame and front pieces together and do some in house test glides for CG range.

I think once I have the side pieces in place and sanded the edges round, it will look pretty good.

Update Friday:

Got the sides and rear cover installed, sanded, and spent about 2 hours with some vinyl letters and cutting trim monokote, I'm out of a few letters but it is looking pretty good so far.

Update Saturday 10/29/11

Test flights were very good, for the first time I got something too nose heavy and wound up removing some nose weight and moving the battery back 3 inches. Still very conservative and docile boost. No roll trim needed, and post-boost trim easily set on the gear switch.

Markings were cut from red, black, and white monokote trim, and you will need 1/2" and 1" great planes vinyl letters, and two 3" stars and bars from sig.

Video at:

Scratch built AGM-86A ALCM RC rocket boosted glider (1 min 27 sec)
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by burkefj; Oct 19, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts