HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:47 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Hi Peter,

First flight on the RE 2005 took place yesterday. Flew it wit a Saito 91.

Very gentle flyer with NO nasty tendencies of ANY kind.
Recommended throws are right on as well as C.G. The ailerons a little too touchy for my taste.
Directional stability perfect (take off, and flight), it floats a bit on final (had to go around once)

DISLIKES:
Has a tendency to nose over after touch down and if you apply up elevator to keep tail down it wants to take off again at very slow speeds,
Takes off very quickly (like P.A. video) not a problem as long as you are aware of it
Summary:
It handles very similar to VQ MC 205 except after touch down. I did not use flaps on first flight there was 7 mph breeze down the runway
Maybe using flaps or moving gear angle fwd a tad might reduce this problem.
Bring extra props on your test flight !!

Cheers

Mike
saetta is offline Find More Posts by saetta
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Video please
I'm curious to see how it flies
max fox is offline Find More Posts by max fox
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:52 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetta View Post
Hi Peter,

First flight on the RE 2005 took place yesterday. Flew it wit a Saito 91.

Very gentle flyer with NO nasty tendencies of ANY kind.
Recommended throws are right on as well as C.G. The ailerons a little too touchy for my taste.
Directional stability perfect (take off, and flight), it floats a bit on final (had to go around once)

DISLIKES:
Has a tendency to nose over after touch down and if you apply up elevator to keep tail down it wants to take off again at very slow speeds,
Takes off very quickly (like P.A. video) not a problem as long as you are aware of it
Summary:
It handles very similar to VQ MC 205 except after touch down. I did not use flaps on first flight there was 7 mph breeze down the runway
Maybe using flaps or moving gear angle fwd a tad might reduce this problem.
Bring extra props on your test flight !!

Cheers

Mike
Congratulations Mike! Other than the nose overs, I'm glad to hear the plane behaves nicely. Although, it doesn't surprise me about the nose overs.
Are you flying from asphalt or grass?
I am surprised that it floats in on landings though. With the weight and wing area of this plane, I figured for sure it would want some speed to keep it in the air.
Yes, if you have any video that would be awesome.
I still haven't been able to fly yet. Tte weather here as been awful. Hopefully soon though....

Cheers,
Peter
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:44 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Hey Peter,

Yes like you I didn't expect floating but it has some, more then most warbirds. Mine weighs 9.5 lbs.
I flew it again yesterday 3 times. I used half flaps this time and the nose over problems almost disappeared. Caution when the flaps are extended it wants to climb quite abruptly,
Had to put in almost the entire available down trim to keep it level and had to do it fast.
I have now programmed some flap ele mixing which should cure the problem. Have not flown with mixing and It is now on the rafters for a while so I can get my other airplanes ready to fly for the season.
All in all it's a very pleasant airplane to fly, not any harder then the VQ Macchi, except a little more touchy and take off and landing...nothing serious.
The paint chips off by just looking at it and exposes a wonderful red and yellow checkered "shelf paper" .
It could have been an outstanding kit if the quality level was higher, but it's still very cool.

I was impressed with Stelvio at Piccole Ali, who with out hesitation (during the wing saddle problem) offered me a complete refund. I declined, but it's nice to know that he stands behind his product.

Cheers
Mike
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
P.S.
I am flying from asphalt, don't think it would do well on grass! also I had to use quite a bit of rudder and apply power gently to keep it straight on take off....that's how it should anyway with tail draggers right?! If you jam the power it will veer off the runway qiuckly
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:07 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetta View Post
P.S.
I am flying from asphalt, don't think it would do well on grass! also I had to use quite a bit of rudder and apply power gently to keep it straight on take off....that's how it should anyway with tail draggers right?! If you jam the power it will veer off the runway qiuckly
Well, I fly from a grass field so I guess we will see.
Yup, that's right, with nearly all warbirds, you need to apply power gradually and with some rudder....
Yeah, I noticed that too about the red and yellow covering, although I repainted the bottom of my aircraft so hopefully it will hold up a little better than the original paint.

Cheers,
Peter
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:15 AM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Good luck on the weather, you will definitely enjoy the plane.

What paint did you use to paint the bottom? I know I will spend lots of time touching up the green.
Once you fly it let me know your impressions!

Got the Black Horse Macchi 200 today, so far I am impressed.

Electric conversion?!?!
Old May 13, 2012, 01:47 AM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Ciao Pietro,quando vola il tuo Reggiane?
Ciao Massimo
Old May 28, 2012, 02:57 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by max fox View Post
Ciao Pietro,quando vola il tuo Reggiane?
Ciao Massimo
Ciao Massimo, Non ho volato Reggiane ancora. Non ho volato nulla in questa stagione.
Il mio club ha un "fun fly" in arrivo a giugno quindi forse allora.

Ciao Peter
Old May 28, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
ciao Pietro,tutti i giorni guardo il forum per avere notizie,e vedere foto o video.
aspetterò.
Ciao Massimo
Old May 28, 2012, 07:25 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by max fox View Post
ciao Pietro,tutti i giorni guardo il forum per avere notizie,e vedere foto o video.
aspetterò.
Ciao Massimo
Ciao Massimo, Mi scuso per non aver nulla da segnalare ancora, ma Saetta ha volato il suo Reggiane e dice che è un volantino grande.
Qui sta il suo posto tradotta, se non l'hai già fatto.

"Il primo volo del RE 2005 ha avuto luogo ieri. Flew si wit a Saito 91.

PIACE:
Volantino molto gentile con NO tendenze perverse di qualsiasi tipo.
Tiri consigliati sono proprio sul nonché C.G. Gli alettoni un po 'troppo delicati per i miei gusti.
Perfetta stabilità direzionale (decollo e volo), galleggia un po 'sul finale (doveva andare in giro una volta)

Odia:
Ha la tendenza a naso dopo che tocco verso il basso e se si applica fino ascensore per tenere la coda verso il basso che vuole decollare di nuovo a velocità molto basse,
Si toglie molto rapidamente, non (come il video PA) un problema fino a quando si è a conoscenza di esso
Sommario:
Gestisce molto simile a VQ MC 205, se non dopo annullato. Non ho usato flaps sul primo volo non c'era 7 mph brezza lungo la pista
Forse con lembi o lo spostamento di rinvio ad angolo fwd un po 'potrebbe ridurre questo problema.
Porta puntelli extra per il tuo volo di prova! "

Ciao Peter
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Ciao Pietro,io aspetto sempre il tuo video....anche se sò che in Canadà ormai è arrivata la neve,nel frattempo scaldati con questo video.
P.S peccato che il Benedini sound non era sincronizzato bene....

Hello Peter, I always expect your video .... even though I know that in Canada now came the snow, meanwhile heated with this video.
PS Benedini pity that the sound was out of sync right ...

Reggiane2005 R/C con sintetizzatore sonoro (19 min 35 sec)