Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Ciao Peter,non ho notizie del tuo primo volo col Reggiane,in Canada è brutto tempo?(neve)
Ciao Massimo
max fox is offline Find More Posts by max fox
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:14 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Ci dispiace Max, non ancora primo volo. L'inverno è venuto qui per Alberta e il primo volo sarà rinviata a tempo indeterminato. Ci aspettiamo 7 cm di neve domani.
A meno che non otteniamo un fronte caldo, credo che non volerà fino a primavera.

Ciao Peter
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:32 AM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Ciao Peter,mi dispiace,ma Babbo Natale arriverà in ritardo solo nel 2012 comunque va bene così si sta muovendo il mondo dei caccia italiani.
Controlla il sito Piccole Ali c'è una sorpresa,chiama il Sig. Stelvio penso che si possa fare elettrico.....
Ciao Massimo
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:48 AM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Ciao Peter,mi dispiace,ma Babbo Natale arriverà in ritardo solo nel 2012 comunque va bene così si sta muovendo il mondo dei caccia italiani.
Controlla il sito Piccole Ali c'è una sorpresa,chiama il Sig. Stelvio penso che si possa fare elettrico.....
Ciao Massimo
Old Dec 03, 2011, 12:13 PM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Peter,ho guardato i dettagli,é BELLISSIMO!!!!!
Old Dec 05, 2011, 12:20 AM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Mc 200

I saw it too, awesome. Finally Italian fighters. The 205 should be out soon. Need to visit nearest bank !!
saetta is offline Find More Posts by saetta
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:14 PM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Ciao Peter,prima di tutto Buon Anno a tutti
speriamo che il 2012 sia l'anno della riscossa dei caccia italiani.
guardate quì.
http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/aero...ml#post2943851
e se tutto va bene caro Peter il 2013 col G55 saranno fuochi pirotecnici
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:47 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Peter,
We are quite a ways into my RE project and had most of the same problems and criticism as you. One big thing in my opinion is that the spinner is too small (as you also stated) and does not look that good. the next american size up is a little too big, cannot find a correct metric spinner anywhere ( 10 cm.) . the whole cowl thing was designed and executed quite poorly.
Any suggestions, it appears by your pictures that you didn't junk the kit spinner but used ?!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetta View Post
Peter,
We are quite a ways into my RE project and had most of the same problems and criticism as you. One big thing in my opinion is that the spinner is too small (as you also stated) and does not look that good. the next american size up is a little too big, cannot find a correct metric spinner anywhere ( 10 cm.) . the whole cowl thing was designed and executed quite poorly.
Any suggestions, it appears by your pictures that you didn't junk the kit spinner but used ?!
Yup, I ended up using the stock spinner. Once it was painted and with some standoff from the cowl, it didn't look too bad after all.
I agree, if Piccoli were to focus on improving any part of this model, it should be the cowl. It seems as if it was an after thought.

Here's a few more pictures showing the spinner better. I also made an aerial for the 2005.

Cheers,
Peter
Last edited by Orvis; Mar 12, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Thanks Peter,
I think I will be flying mine within a month, will let you know how it behaves.
The paint is quite thick (chips easy) and makes the plane a bit heavy, so wing loading might be worse then it appears.
I bought electric retracts from "Wingspan retracts" seem to be high quality.
The Black Horse Macchi 200 is out and a friend of mine "Veltro" bought it in S.Ca. and seems impressed, he has a thread on it in RC universe. He also is putting together an RE 2005 and will have a thread on it soon.
Cheers
Mike
P.S I guess the weather up there still has you grounded!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:15 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetta View Post
Thanks Peter,
I think I will be flying mine within a month, will let you know how it behaves.
The paint is quite thick (chips easy) and makes the plane a bit heavy, so wing loading might be worse then it appears.
I bought electric retracts from "Wingspan retracts" seem to be high quality.
The Black Horse Macchi 200 is out and a friend of mine "Veltro" bought it in S.Ca. and seems impressed, he has a thread on it in RC universe. He also is putting together an RE 2005 and will have a thread on it soon.
Cheers
Mike
P.S I guess the weather up there still has you grounded!
Good stuff, Mike! You should post some pictures of your build. I would like to see how you got around some of those quality issues in this model. Did you go with the 90Deg or 95deg retracts? Good luck on your maiden.
Yup, still grounded up this way, although, it is improving day by day. Most of the snow has melted here and the day temps have been on the + side of the themometer, but there are now shallow lakes on most of the fields. I haven't checked out the club's field yet, but I would imagine it is waterlogged like the rest. it will probably be 3 or 4 weeks before things dry up....that is unless we get the typical spring snow storm....

Peter
Last edited by Orvis; Mar 21, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Hi Peter,
I am having a dear friend of mine build it for me, since I am totally incompetent at building. I fly OK probably because I am afraid to break things. This friend has already built for me a IMP Macchi 205 (nightmare kit, almost threw it in the trash a couple of times), but after a lot of work and over 2 years it came out quite nice (85 in.w.s.). He also has also scratch built a Macchi 202 1/6 scale for me from plans. I still haven't flown them, since they are quite rare. Now with the new ARF's I will be able to fly with less fear.
My friend in S. Cal says good things about the Black Horse MC 200 and I plan to pick one up in the next 2 weeks, they plan to import only a limited number. Don't know if it's too big for electric?, since I assume you don't fly gas.?! As I said before I have worn out 2 VQ Macchi 205, and now happy that there are more choices. The quality on the RE is not the best as we know...half shinny half opaque, big cowl etc.etc. and I do hope that Piccole Ali will improve the kit as time goes by, otherwise this will be, my one and only RE. I went with 90 deg. retracts, no reason to complicate things, but my friend Veltro went with 95. I will post photos soon as I figure out how to do it.
Cheers
Mike
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jul 2006
2 Posts
Hello Peter,
I am building this kit for Saetta and have encountered a problem with the fit of the wing to fuse. Picture 1 shows the wing sitting in the saddle. Notice the flap to fuse edge. It is off by over an inch. Pic 2 shows the wing centered on fuse. Notice the wing is on top of the fuse on one side and there is a gap on the other. I checked wing tip to tail and the second pic is correct. One of the wing bolts fits here and the other is off 1/4" Did yours have this problem? The gap at the trailing edge wing joint is shipping damage
Thank You,
John
hoppy99 is offline Find More Posts by hoppy99
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:27 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy99 View Post
Hello Peter,
I am building this kit for Saetta and have encountered a problem with the fit of the wing to fuse. Picture 1 shows the wing sitting in the saddle. Notice the flap to fuse edge. It is off by over an inch. Pic 2 shows the wing centered on fuse. Notice the wing is on top of the fuse on one side and there is a gap on the other. I checked wing tip to tail and the second pic is correct. One of the wing bolts fits here and the other is off 1/4" Did yours have this problem? The gap at the trailing edge wing joint is shipping damage
Thank You,
John
Hi John,
Wow! I did have a small misalignment issue with one of the bolt holes, but nothing like what you are experiencing.
The wing itself, on mine, lines up perfectly in the saddle and also from wing tip to wing tip; all I had to do was enlarge the misaligned bolt hole by maybe 30 or 40 thou in order for the bolt to go through.
Is the center-line of your fuselage out of true or is the saddle not correct?

Cheers,
Peter
Last edited by Orvis; Mar 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jul 2006
2 Posts
Peter
It was the saddle molding that was incorrect. Sorry I have not gotten back to sooner but I have been correcting the issue. I had to remove the rear of the saddle with a Dremel cutoff disk, reinforced the hole it left and I filled it with auto body filler and reshaped it to fit the wing. Just a couple of days extra work.There is still a twist at the wing mount but it is OK when the hold down bolts are tightened. Every thing lines up very well now.
Saetta loves his Italian planes so I have to make this one right and he will be my friend for life...........
John
hoppy99 is offline Find More Posts by hoppy99