SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:47 AM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
qualcosa che ti può interessare per il futuro.
Copri servi:
2010-11-09 stampo copriservi.mp4 (2 min 56 sec)

Capottina:
Lezione di Daniele:realizzare una capottina (3 min 12 sec)

il sottovuoto penso sia realizzato con un aspirapolvere.
max fox is offline Find More Posts by max fox
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:26 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by max fox View Post
Ancora una cosa Peter,ho visto che hai già posizionato i fasci(coccarde) sulle ali,non c'erano anche per la parte inferiore delle ali nella confezione?

Scusa Peter,volevo eliminare questo post,ma non riesco,sono andato a vedere il tuo primo post è ho visto che nella confezione vi sono 4 fasci.
quindi....
Ciao max
Non ho messo le insegne sul fondo dell'ala ancora perché voglio fissare il lavoro terribile vernice non corrispondenti fatto dal produttore.

The reason why i haven't put the insignia on the bottom of the wings is because I want to fix the terrible mismatched paint job done by the manufacturer.

Cheers,
Peter
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis
Last edited by Orvis; Nov 06, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:57 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by max fox View Post
Ciao Peter,stai dando un tocco di realismo al Reggiane,visto che sei in ballo,perchè non costruisci i cannoni alari,due piccole mitragliatrici nel cofano motore e in fine fora la punta dell ogiva per il terzo cannone.
Ciao Massimo.
As requested, I have added the wing cannons and cowl machine guns, and drilled a hole in the spinner for the nose cannon.

Cheers,
Peter
Last edited by Orvis; Nov 06, 2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:06 AM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
bene ora è un Sagittario arrabbiato
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:13 AM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Nice work! Cant wait to hear how it flies!
saetta is offline Find More Posts by saetta
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:39 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
The motor mount finally arrived this evening and I was able to install the motor and ESC. Despite advice that the Power 90 with 8S lipos would be too heavy for this plane, I decided to install the setup regardless. So in went the E-Flite Power 90 motor, Castle Creations Phoenix ICE 100A ESC, and a 8S 4700mAh lipo setup.
Starting with the motor; the instructions calls for a motor standoff from the firewall to the prop shaft at a distance of 138-140mm. Of course, this now doesn't include my model due to the fact I have pushed the cowl further back onto the fuselage in order to eliminate the gap. After measuring, my standoff was 109mm. Because of this, my motor mount was too long so I had to cut it down to meet the 109mm spec.
Once I had the motor mount cut, I installed it to the firewall. This is where I would like to caution that the center of the firewall is bored out for fuel lines and cables, but because the RE-2005 had an inverted 12 cylinder engine, the mounting position is much lower on the firewall thus the centerline for the cowl and prop is lower. This is counter-intuitive to us Spitfire and Mustang builders. There is a barely visible cross hair etched into the firewall so keep note of it when installing the motor.
After the mount and motor was installed I reattached the cowl and everything lined up pretty well.
After hooking up all the wires, I installed the batteries as far forward in the fuselage as possible (where the fuel tank would go) and tested the CG; as expected, the plane was too nose heavy. I repositioned the batteries on the forward part of the servo tray and tried again; this time success! the CG was perfect at 120mm. Overall weight turned out to be 10.4lbs which is not bad at all.
One thing I did realized was that after testing the E-flite electric retracts I noticed the gear legs were 90 degrees to the wing. I had forgotten to insert shims needed to add forward rake to the gear. Oh well, I will just have to take the retracts out and install the shims; a 5 to 10 minute job at worst.
If everything goes well and the weather permits; I should be able to maiden this weekend.

Cheers,
Peter
Last edited by Orvis; Nov 09, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:21 AM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Cool very cool !!!
Old Nov 08, 2011, 11:15 AM
Davison, MI
Joined Sep 2007
1,227 Posts
Hey Peter,

Another cool model to go airborne !!!

Is the 120mm where they they are CGing the model in the videos we saw earlier ?

You're creating quiet a reputation for finding these unusual ARF's. Really cool.

Good luck on the maiden.

Joe
Joespeeder is online now Find More Posts by Joespeeder
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:14 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Peter I see a Macchi 205 in the background. I flew 2 of those (desert camo) for a long time. The first lost a wing in a dive, the second I just plain wore out!
They flew quite well but the scale aspect was (is) pretty poor, and decals absurd. I called it a Macchi 203 1/2. Hopefully Piccole ali MC 205 will be good.
Haven't called Stelvio yet about the cowl.
My S.Calif friend who likes Italian warbirds is not too concerned , says he only has 3/16 of an inch slack.
Your solution looks quite good!. Did Stelvio say they are going to rectify the problem in future productions? It would interesting to know how many are made per batch...it might take years! Did he offer you a new improved cowl when they arrive?

Ciao

Mike
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
ciao Peter,attendo con ansia il primo volo
Massimo
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:35 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Thanks guys!
I'm going to spray paint the underside of the plane tonight with Testers medium sea gray, apply the ensignias to the bottom of the wings, make an antennae.
I've been warned to make sure my throws and expo are the same as the manual on my maiden due to the fact that the plane is sensitive on elevator inputs and can get twitchy on take offs and landings which is understandable when you see the size of the elevators on this plane.

Joe,

I'm not sure what the CG is for the models flying in the videos, I went with the instruction's callout of 120mm +/-3mm.

Cheers,
Peter
Last edited by Orvis; Nov 09, 2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:48 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetta View Post
Peter I see a Macchi 205 in the background. I flew 2 of those (desert camo) for a long time. The first lost a wing in a dive, the second I just plain wore out!
They flew quite well but the scale aspect was (is) pretty poor, and decals absurd. I called it a Macchi 203 1/2. Hopefully Piccole ali MC 205 will be good.
Haven't called Stelvio yet about the cowl.
My S.Calif friend who likes Italian warbirds is not too concerned , says he only has 3/16 of an inch slack.
Your solution looks quite good!. Did Stelvio say they are going to rectify the problem in future productions? It would interesting to know how many are made per batch...it might take years! Did he offer you a new improved cowl when they arrive?

Ciao

Mike
Hey Mike,
Yup, the VQ Macchi is definitely a fun scale model and even though it looks nothing like a real 205 it is definitely fun to fly! I have an E-Flite Power 60 running 7S lipos and the thing just scoots! It is a puppy dog in the air; a little fast to land, but nothing to worry about, but it is just so much fun to toss this plane around in the sky. Out of all the models in my hanger, it and my RC Pilotage 15 size IL-2 Sturmovik are my favorite to fly.

Regarding the RE-2005 cowl, Stelvio said that it was this batch only and the next batch would have it corrected. He did not say when the next batch would be in.
He did not offer me a new one either. That's not a big deal though because I actually think the cowl looks better pushed back on the fuselage. He did offer me a discount if I decided to order from his shop in the future though.

Cheers,
Peter
Old Nov 08, 2011, 05:19 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Peter,

It was brought to my attention, that like the Spitfire the RE might need 95 degrees retracts. I did find a manufacturer that makes them "Wingspan".

Mike
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:00 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetta View Post
Peter,

It was brought to my attention, that like the Spitfire the RE might need 95 degrees retracts. I did find a manufacturer that makes them "Wingspan".

Mike
Mike,
If you want the landing strut splay/stance absolutely scale, then yes, 95 deg retracts would be needed.
However, being that this model is not 100% scale and that my landings are probably my weakest point of flying, the 90 deg retracts will work just fine. The strut stance isn't splayed too much; but just
enough to provide a little wider stance for a more confident landing and roll-out.
Peter
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:14 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Thanks Peter,
Anxiously waiting for your first flight!