Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:29 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
The part I find interesting is that you started with small helis and worked your way up to the big ones. Most people start with the bigger ones, since they are more stable, and then work thir way to the smaller, more twitchier ones.
Jeffs right starting small will be a lot harder than flying big... same with planes
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:03 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,354 Posts
Quote:
The part I find interesting is that you started with small helis and worked your way up to the big ones. Most people start with the bigger ones, since they are more stable, and then work thir way to the smaller, more twitchier ones.
Which heli would not lift off? (Please don't say all of them.) I'd like to load it and try it. I haven't heard your issue stated since RF6 came out.
I agree, as with planes the larger it is the smoother it flies. I scaled a T-Rex 700E up to 200% in Phoenix once, that was interesting.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:05 PM
United States, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Quote:
Which heli would not lift off? (Please don't say all of them.) I'd like to load it and try it. I haven't heard your issue stated since RF6 came out.
It seems that the default battery for the heli's is the Sanyo KR-1000AE. I just loaded the Jayhawk Coast Guard Heli and it won't lift off. Changed the battery to a LiPoly 3200 mah and I get a nice scale lift off. Bump it up to the LiPoly 5000 mah 65C. Pretty much same performance as the 3200 - just more flying time.

Thoughts?
JimMcWhorter is offline Find More Posts by JimMcWhorter
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
RF6 - Scaling Questions

In the Aircraft Editor:

What is the difference between EDIT > RESCALE PHYSICS TO and Vehicle Graphical Scale (%)?

In Phoenix, I can scale my models up to 200% to make them easier to see. Which of the above options does the same thing in RF6?

Many Thanks,
Jim
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:41 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
The graphical scale makes the model you see bigger. I don't think it changes the way it flies. The Rescale physics makes the aircraft fly like a different size, but I don't think weights are properly calculated.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:45 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcWhorter View Post
It seems that the default battery for the heli's is the Sanyo KR-1000AE. I just loaded the Jayhawk Coast Guard Heli and it won't lift off. Changed the battery to a LiPoly 3200 mah and I get a nice scale lift off. Bump it up to the LiPoly 5000 mah 65C. Pretty much same performance as the 3200 - just more flying time.

Thoughts?
The JayHawk Heli is from AddOns 5. It is a very old model, designed for use with either G2 or G3, I forget. I did get it to lift off in it's stock configuration, but it took a long time to spool up. It did fly for me.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 08:53 PM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Quote:
The graphical scale makes the model you see bigger. I don't think it changes the way it flies. The Rescale physics makes the aircraft fly like a different size, but I don't think weights are properly calculated.
I played around with ehicle Graphical Scale (%) - it seems to make the model appear bigger by zooming closer to it. I don't seem to be able to zoom back out with the mouse thumb wheel

The EDIT > RESCALE PHYSICS TO sometimes makes the model unstable. Especially true in the JayHawk.

Trial and Error I guess for each model. Not as stable as the sizing wizard in Phoenix.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 08:54 PM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Most Realistic Scale Model Heli

Hey ... which Scale Heli is the most realistic in terms of the Flt Sim vs the real thing? Just curious.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:17 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
might be one of the switches are not in the right position to provide full power. I am not a heli pilot but noticed that one on some other models within RF4 & 5 .. seems to be a 3 way switch setting...just a guess...
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:22 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
What Jayhawk are you using? The one from AddOns 5 isn't electric. It's nitro.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:49 AM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Quote:
What Jayhawk are you using? The one from AddOns 5 isn't electric. It's nitro.
Changed the power plant from nitro to electric and bumped up the battery capacity. Works pretty good.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 08:13 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
For future reference, changing from nitro to electric on any aircraft won't necessarily make a change to an appropriate battery. A default battery is selected, which may not be a good battery for that particular aircraft.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 06:19 PM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Quote:
For future reference, changing from nitro to electric on any aircraft won't necessarily make a change to an appropriate battery. A default battery is selected, which may not be a good battery for that particular aircraft.
agree. Typically I bump it up to 5000mah 65C so I can get longer flights. If it is a model I own, then I put the battery at the same settings as the battery I would be flying. All works out pretty cool....
Old Dec 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,297 Posts
I just got RF6, and being the holdiays, the KE forum mods are on vacation, so i can't yet ask this question on that forum.

Is there a way to import older versions of RF planes and airfields to RF6? There are a couple local fields I'd like to upload, as well as TONS of planes I can pull off the swap pages, I just don't know how to do any of that.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Dec 25, 2011, 04:23 PM
Joined Sep 2006
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
I just got RF6, and being the holdiays, the KE forum mods are on vacation, so i can't yet ask this question on that forum.

Is there a way to import older versions of RF planes and airfields to RF6? There are a couple local fields I'd like to upload, as well as TONS of planes I can pull off the swap pages, I just don't know how to do any of that.
These are the step by step instructions when you click the yellow ? Mark:
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/impo...importhelp.php

Some of the custom content will fly differently in 6 than they did on older versions, if you run into that case, bring it to the uploader's attention, if they own 6 they might provide an update.
phrank is offline Find More Posts by phrank