HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
You hear a tail? I don't even want to know what animal you're sneaking up on from behind.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:00 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
You hear a tail? I don't even want to know what animal you're sneaking up on from behind.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:55 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
RF6 has been great for me. It got me used to moving the sticks in the right directions. I had no idea whatsoever how to fly a 4 or even 3 channel plane before picking up RF. It lets me practise untill the stick movement comes naturaly. Which would be very hard to do while actualy flying. I have crashed so many times in RF I cant count that high, Well, I cant count that high anyway, but........... RF is a great tool for a total newb like myself.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
I played flight sims on a computer before I ever flew RC (was into cars), and don't get my previous statement confused I totally think that it better prepared me for RC, though in no way was a substitute for learning all sorts of other things about RC and getting the feel for it. I never thought about using an RC controller as the joystick on a computer, as I always just saw the right stick of 4 channel TX as a joystick. I received an Electric Kyosho glider as my first plane when I was a teen. It was a rudder elevator throttle control scheme. I put the rudder and elevator on the right stick and throttle on the left, not even realizing that this was the proper thing to do. It just made sense to me to have my roll/turn and up/down on the right stick and it be my "joystick", and have the throttle on a separate stick. I knew the left stick was for throttle having no spring and toyed with the idea of having throttle and rudder on one side and elevator on the other, but thought it would be confusing.

Still, first time I flew that Kyosho glider, having no idea how it would fly, I was terrified and reacting to it, afraid to go higher or land, didn't have enough space, and ended up crashing full speed into power lines and utterly destroyed it. First taste of RC flight ruined it for me until about 15 years later stuff became cheap enough for me to try to teach myself again and this time I managed it .
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:59 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Reminds me of soooooo long ago. A neihbor helped "me" build a rather large control line plane, made of balsa. A real work of art this thing was. Anyway, he insisted I take the controls for the maiden flight. I was scared to death. I got it airborne and almose immediately nosedived into the ground, damaging it badly. I think that scarred me for life, lol. I didnt want anything to do with a plane for 40 years! Now I am loving them, still scared to death. I already nosedived my Polaris in spectacular fashion.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:09 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
So have you flown since the repair Stu?
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod