HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by chilipancakes, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:36 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2006
24 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
Airborne Models Piper J-3 Cub 1/6 (Cub 48) Electric Powered

I started this build over a year ago and will be unable to put the finishing touches on it. This airplane has never flown, therefore never been crashed. I am in the military and have a billion commitments with little time to fly anymore. I can't stand to just let this sit there unfinished. So hopefully this will find a nice home. It still needs a good CG, last I recall I almost had it perfect, but I would recommend verifying prior to flight.

It is a electric conversion from a .40 size ARF model. The power system was purchased from www.valuehobby.com. They have been my primary source for my electric needs for the last five years and have no complaints. Everything on this plane is more than capable of handling whatever you throw at it; within reason. I usually build my planes over the top (not to scale) ensuring they always have a generous power to weight ratio. I have full expectations this will be capable of full vertical flight. Considering it is a Cub, that is pretty exciting.

Aircraft Specs:

Specifications
Wing Span
:
71.0 in / 1800 mm
Wing Area
:
698 sq in / 45.0 sq dm
Flying Weight
:
5.5 lbs / 2500 g
Fuselage Length
:
47.0 in / 1200 m

Included:

4000 mah / 4 cell lipo battery with deans type connector
4 Standard Size Servos
TH-4250 Electric Motor Specs Below
 Description
KV: 600
Weight: 7oz (196g)
Max Efficiency: 82%
Max efficiency: 38A
Max Load: 43A
Motor Diameter: Approx. 42mm
Shaft diameter: 5 mm
Suggested prop: 13X6.5E (4S), 13x8, 14x7
Equivalent to E-Flite Power 32 / AXI 2826

ESC- HobbyWing 40A Brushless ESC with UBEC
Output: Continues 40A, Burst 60A up to 10 Secs.
Input Voltage: 2 - 6S Lipo
BEC: Switch mode BEC 3A
Size: 55mm x 28mm x 12mm
Weight: 35g

The aircraft is not ready to fly. It will need some finishing touches, a receiver, transmitter, and battery charging/balancing equipment, and verification of CG. I would recommend the buyer has prior model building and flying experience. These are not toys, and requires skill.

I am asking $300.00 which lets me break even for all parts that are coming with it.

I am willing to ship for exact cost of shipping, but would prefer a local pickup. I am in the San Diego Area.

If you have any questions please contact me at andrew.ohlrich@gmail.com
chilipancakes is offline Find More Posts by chilipancakes
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread