HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
124 Posts
That doesn't look too good firepong. It is definetly a Tower Pro motor and I'm sure it comes from the same Chinese manufacturer as a dozen other brand names of the same one.

It looks like these guys are all the same when it comes to getting things right. $4.95 is a very attractive price for those motors so I would not be surprised if they sold out in a day.

I ordered this motor:

https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001224233

Supposedly mine shipped yesterday but that's all I know right now so I'll have to wait and see.
slots - Topspin is offline Find More Posts by slots - Topspin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:22 PM
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Ye, I emailed them thru the email address listed on there contact pae. It's the same email thats listed as a support email on Paypal, so I will see what happens.

Also, thats a pretty light weight motor. Whats it going on?

P.S. I can say this, I measured the weight of the CDRom motor I got in and sure enough, it was exactly 57 grams like listed on leaders website. Wonder how all the weights of their other motors add up.
firepong is offline Find More Posts by firepong
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:02 PM
Joined Oct 2010
51 Posts
I have been ordering from them for a long time. Their stock quantities cant be trusted, you need to live chat with them and ask them. On a good note, they usually ship quick. Their US warehouses just opened, so I assume they are a bit unstable.
Msioni is offline Find More Posts by Msioni
Old Oct 24, 2011, 03:56 PM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Well, got a email back from them. They confirmed that they in fact only sent me 1 motor (Miami Warehouse fugged up). Said they will contact the warehouse and get the extra motors mailed out ASAP as they do in fact have the stock.

Woot Woot
Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:36 AM
vj3
Singapore
Joined Feb 2009
11 Posts
i just placed an order, using air parcel. No electronic. let see how. The good thing about them (as stated), they'll send the order whatever they have first, no need to wait for backorder item.
vj3 is offline Find More Posts by vj3
Old Nov 25, 2011, 07:16 AM
vj3
Singapore
Joined Feb 2009
11 Posts
so far ok, received item within 2 weeks to singapore
vj3 is offline Find More Posts by vj3
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:25 PM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj3 View Post
so far ok, received item within 2 weeks to singapore
Ye, I've ordered twice from them. Nice place. Ship out is same day if its before 3pm eastern time from what I can tell and if its after that, it will be packaged up and ready to go out the next morning.

Also, they have really good deals
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
You won't like these motors.

The spindle nut is GLUED to the bell, and glue does not adhere to electroplated chrome well.

The first time the prop touches something the spindle breaks free of the bell and the prop locks.

Spend a few dollars more and buy TowerPro if you like bell style motors, which I do not as the bells bend easily (I crashed a lot when learning.)
faranginkorat is offline Find More Posts by faranginkorat
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:52 PM
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2001
1,464 Posts
Avoid Leadershobby if you can.
My first and last order took 32 days to US via SwissPost from SingaporePost!This all what tracking info said. Never mentioned Hong Kong. It took them 11 days to send me tracking number. I paid for international registered mail that claimed 7-14 days delivery time.
Order was 5065 410KV BL motor. Motor itself weights almost a pound and they just stuffed it in a brown envelope plus they sent wrong KV motor. Package arrived all torn apart with broken 8mm shaft and scratched motor bell.
darmar is offline Find More Posts by darmar
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:09 AM
United States, OR
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
anything shipped via SwissPost I believe comes over by freighter. which takes a hell of a long time. I am basically waiting a month for my battery but the rest of my Helicopter kit came over in about 10 days after processing with holidays interfering. my only serious issue atm is the training gear I ordered wasn't in the package at all. the biggest problem of all is when they tested functionality of components they neglected to pay attention to where the ESC control wires were. the signal line is darn near frayed in half and the power lead is a touch frayed. their suggestion :
Quote:
About the wire connected with the esc,
Don't worry.
Would you please try to stick it with insulating tape ?
Just like avoiding electric leakage as a protection?
That will be okay.
no you can send me a new ESC under your store warranty since I have not flown it yet, as evident by the battery still in shipping for the next 2-3 weeks.
I'm still waiting for a reply to that last email, but hey, they are reshipping the training gear.....

Update: they now are complaining shipping it will cost them too much
Quote:
Would you like to place a new order ?
Then we will give you a discount.
For the shipping fee to send and reship the esc is too high.
It will waste our money and time.
eh typical bullsh**, return the ESC on your own dime and we will send a replacement. which far exceeds the cost of just buying a new one. locally. now they blame post master and said I shouldn't have signed for the package (no signature given it was dropped at the door) looks to me obviously that the cable was chewed by the main gear during testing. ohwell live and learn. time to break out the soldering iron I guess.
dracozny is offline Find More Posts by dracozny
Last edited by dracozny; Jan 11, 2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:06 AM
Joined Mar 2013
5 Posts
Warning!! Beware of this scamming company.

Don't order from leaderhobbies. They won't refund you when they cannot deliver their items. You only get meaningless e-mails. I'm now waiting for much more than two week for refunding and reminded them at least every 2nd day. Also don't order from dealmetic.com because this is the same people. If you are interested in more details, write me an e-mail: jvogel@vetphys.uzh.ch
Johi is offline Find More Posts by Johi
Old Mar 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
I have made several orders from Leaderhobby and got what I paid for, the $9 helis are just that, and need bearings in head and tail or they won't work. But lately I went to visit the site and the prices are crazy high!!! What happened? I am on US dollar, I don't get it. Like why is this battery $124.99 ?!?!?!?!?

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001225651
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old May 08, 2013, 09:52 AM
Stockton, Ca
Joined Jun 2006
11 Posts
leader hobbys

Does anyone know what happened to this company or it's web site? I have received a couple of orders from them in 2012. My only problem, is their shipping & handling seems high, which probably is to offset the cheep prices. Wayne
wr841w is offline Find More Posts by wr841w
Old May 08, 2013, 09:53 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
They are gone...
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:44 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,126 Posts