Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:01 AM
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Discussion
leaderhobby.com

https://www.leaderhobby.com/index.asp

Anybody order from here? Was looking around for more places to order motors and came across the EMP series they offer. They also have USA warehouses in both CA and FL, both sides of the country.

Reason why im asking is while looking at the motors they offer in both those warehouses, they don't say anything about them coming with mounting hardware or prop adapters. I was looking around the site and seen they have mounting kits for the motors, but none of them are in the USA warehouses, all are in the China warehouses.

Any thoughts?
firepong is offline Find More Posts by firepong
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
124 Posts
I have never bought anything from these guys but the prices are amazing.

Thanks for finding this, I bookmarked the page and will place a test order with them next week.

I will let everyone know how they handle the order and if there are any problems.

By the way, EMP motors are very good and I have never seen them this cheap.
slots - Topspin is offline Find More Posts by slots - Topspin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
124 Posts
I want to make sure everyone sees this website. These are some of the best prices I have seen anywhere. This could be the next RC goldmine for low cost stuff.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slots View Post
I have never bought anything from these guys but the prices are amazing.

Thanks for finding this, I bookmarked the page and will place a test order with them next week.

I will let everyone know how they handle the order and if there are any problems.

By the way, EMP motors are very good and I have never seen them this cheap.
NP, I have been to there site a while back, but that was when I was looking for other things related to the hobby (non-motor related). Then yesterday, I seen they finally got a banner on the site. It's in the top left under RCGroups banner. So I'm thinking we can expect a vendor forum specifically for them later

Their shipping from Hong Kong is ok. They ship out faster than the 4+ day wait you have to put up with on Hobbyking

Just that I have never bought motors from them and don't see anything listed about mounts and adapters. Besides the ones I have for my motors right now, I don't have any to spare even if they were the same mounting holes.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
I am loving this though:

https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....58&Location=LA

Might have to buy a couple when the time comes around. They have that version and a 1200kV version, both in the LA USA warehouse Can you say cheap and affordable shipping
Old Oct 16, 2011, 01:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepong View Post
I am loving this though:

https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....58&Location=LA

Might have to buy a couple when the time comes around. They have that version and a 1200kV version, both in the LA USA warehouse Can you say cheap and affordable shipping
That one is a direct replacement for the Tower Pro at 1/3 the price. I bet it's the same motor too.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:47 PM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Update!!

Update: Just to let you guys know. I ordered some of their CDRom motors from the Miami warehouse. That was last night (Sunday) and they were just shipped out a hour ago with USPS Priority Mail.

Even ordering from the Hobbyking US Warehouse, it took them 2-3 days just to get your item ready to ship out.

With this shipped out today as well as my quadcopter frame from another seller here on the site, I should have it all together Thursday
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Update: Just to let you guys know. I ordered some of their CDRom motors from the Miami warehouse. That was last night (Sunday) and they were just shipped out a hour ago with USPS Priority Mail.

Even ordering from the Hobbyking US Warehouse, it took them 2-3 days just to get your item ready to ship out.

With this shipped out today as well as my quadcopter frame from another seller here on the site, I should have it all together Thursday
Excellent. Please post your impressions of the motors and the service. I'm getting ready to order a motor and ESC right now.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Will do, give me a few days after they get in to do some test runs on them and I'll let you know how they run
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
124 Posts
Thanks firepong, I'll let you know how my order turns out as well. I just ordered a park 370 equivalent and a 25 amp ESC so we will see how that goes.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:00 PM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slots View Post
Thanks firepong, I'll let you know how my order turns out as well. I just ordered a park 370 equivalent and a 25 amp ESC so we will see how that goes.
Have you got a shipping notice by email yet? Mine will be here tomorrow and I will post up a full review of those CDRom motors later to come

Also, what motors did you order? One of the EMP's? IF so, make sure to let me know if they come with mounting hardware and prop adapter. It's stupid how they list all of that and don't even bother to post if they come with accessories or not. Should only take them all of 30 seconds to type 1x blah blah and 4x this
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:19 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Anybody know how to send them an email message?
Thanks.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:25 PM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
Anybody know how to send them an email message?
Thanks.
Thats a good question

The only fail proof answer I can say is to wait till around 1AM Central time (11PM Pacific) and use the Live chat. Sadly, it is based on China's time, and their 13 hours ahead of us

They do have a facebook page, but you still probably wouldn't get a answer till after business starts in China in about 8 hours or so.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:51 AM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Thats a good question

The only fail proof answer I can say is to wait till around 1AM Central time (11PM Pacific) and use the Live chat. Sadly, it is based on China's time, and their 13 hours ahead of us

They do have a facebook page, but you still probably wouldn't get a answer till after business starts in China in about 8 hours or so.
I sent a message via "Live Chat" that was offline at the time. They responded last night.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:13 AM
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Well, I got my order in today, if you want to call it a order.

I ordered 8 of the CDRom motors I had linked above. Anyways, checked the mail and hada package. Was pretty small for 8 motors and it was also light. Come to find out, only 1 motor was in the box.

Really not a good start. The invoice page still hasn't changed to anything shipped or all that, and when I ordered, it said available items will be sent and backordered items will be sent when next available. Well, when I ordered, it shows 100 plus in stock. Now it only shows 10+ in stock, but the thing is, "Still in Stock!!!!"

So, since the Live Chat is down till Monday, I'm going to try and contact them other ways and see if they can get those other motors shipped from their Los Angeles Warehouse. Still shows 100+ stock there.

We will see what happens.

Other than the above, the motors arrived ok, albeit a little slow considering thje post office fugged up on where to send it to. They look nice to. No bullet connectors though like shown in the ad

Pictures below