SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2001, 09:31 PM
Joined Jul 2001
4 Posts
how do i reverse the servo and esc on my old radio?

i have an old cirrus six-xl, and i need help finding out how to reverse the esc. it has no reversing switches. is there an internal adj. or switch? or do i have to flip polarity etc. ? please help. i want to fly asap
Sonic is offline Find More Posts by Sonic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2001, 09:42 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
Well first thing Sonic, welcome to the Zone!

You have 2 problems, 1 is the reversing, the 2nd is your radio legal?

If the radio was made before 1991 and has not been "Gold Labled" as narrow band FCC compliant, it is illegal to use. It may cause interference to other pilots who are next to your frequency.

To reverse the throw of the servo, you must reverse the throw of the stick internal. Since you don't have that, see problem #1.

You may get an answer in the Science section, but I still refer you to problem #1.

In all honesty, your best fix "MAY" be a new radio!

[This message has been edited by Fred Bronk (edited 07-08-2001).]
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Jul 08, 2001, 09:53 PM
Joined Jul 2001
4 Posts
i know how to reverse servos(flip the pos. and neg. wires , but i don't know how i can reverse the esc!
Old Jul 08, 2001, 09:57 PM
Joined Jul 2001
4 Posts
Where is the "science section"?
Old Jul 08, 2001, 10:28 PM
New Milford CT 06776
Joined Sep 2000
621 Posts
STOP Don't do that you will let the smoke out. By changing polarity you are not just changing the polarity of the motor but also the electronics in the servo. You <font color=red>WILL</font color> ruin the servo!
If nothing else see if you can rearrange the position of your servo, arm or pushrod to work with your setup.
John Tracey

[This message has been edited by JTinCT (edited 07-08-2001).]
JTinCT is offline Find More Posts by JTinCT
Old Jul 08, 2001, 10:34 PM
Joined Jul 2001
4 Posts
i found reversal the switches(very well hidden under circit board and wires under the plastic cirrus clamp -on logo). thanks for all the help anyways. and sorry for all the wasted time^-^
Old Jul 08, 2001, 11:15 PM
Destin, FL USA
Joined Nov 2000
558 Posts
Hi:
If you are handy with a soldering iron, just reverse the two outside leads on the pot which your stick drives. This will reverse the direction of the servo.
As above, DO NOT change the leads going to the servo. You can buy an inline servo reverser which I suppose would also work with the ESC. By that time, you would be better off getting a new transmitter, which will make all this easy.
Regards,
Bob Stewart
BobStewart is offline Find More Posts by BobStewart
Old Jul 08, 2001, 11:55 PM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
324 Posts
Or you can switch the leads to the motor in the servo, and reverse the two end leads on the pot (use thin wire to do this). Not really recommended but will work in a pinch.
Mikey_Flies is offline Find More Posts by Mikey_Flies