SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by charlton29, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:54 AM
Joined Jul 2008
27 Posts
Discussion
Thermal Soaring

Well, it works, more or less!

I took the Aegea out with a hi-start and tried looking for thermals. After a slow start I spotted a hawk circling and headed for it. It was a big thermal, plenty of lift and I was nervous about flying right out of the field. It ended up not being a big problem after all, but good while it lasted.

So, I've not mastered the art yet, but it's a different challenge and a good one to work on. All I need is some more sunny weather and some time free in the middle of the day. Why does that never seem to happen?

A video of the flight for your enjoyment!

Thermalling (6 min 15 sec)
charlton29 is online now Find More Posts by charlton29
to remove ads between posts