SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by 67econoline, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:42 AM
Summer... is my time of year
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
6,778 Posts
Cool
The RAF Afternoon

My good friend and Flying Partner Ed Dip just purchased a new Park Zone Spitfire. I have had a Parkzone SE5a for a few months. But my DX8 had bad gimbals and has been in the shop. So she has been just waitin around. He was ready for his maiden flight. I was ready to take the Biplane back to the sky!!!It has only had one flight. What better time could there be?? So we headed to BBFF. It was late afternoon when we arrived. There is a small ridge that we sail there. The wind was going right at it today and the lift was good but not great. Dip is a sailplane guy at heart so we flew those to start. After about 20 min of that I was itchin for some POWER!! We warmed up by flying some power10 P-51 Mustangs. Then I threw in a flight with my new AT-6 Texan. Then it was maiden time for the Spitfire. As usually is the case Dip was nervous on the takeoff. but after two tries she was airborne!!It has good speed and it really looks great in the air. After a trimming flight . We put them both up. Two generations of RAF power in the air together!! It was quite a sight. The low speed of the SE5a was great. And top speed was surprising!!!I was also surprised by how quick it could turn. The roll rate with and without the rudder was impressive. We could only get in two flights before darkness fell. But i look forward to many afternoons of fun Flyin with these birds in the future!!!!
67econoline is offline Find More Posts by 67econoline
to remove ads between posts