HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
I guess different planes and all. Mine was way tail heavy with the 1800 mah Flyzone battery pushed all the way forward.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
I guess different planes and all. Mine was way tail heavy with the 1800 mah Flyzone battery pushed all the way forward.
Is it touching the back of the firewall? I had to remove foam to make that easier but perhaps your battery is not quite as forward as it can be.

I actually like the 2200 mAh packs better anyway for a bit more time and nose weight.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
I'm not the only one though. There are numerous other folks on another thread that have the same CG problem. It seems that some do, and some don't. Go figure.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,492 Posts
And I'm waaaaay out in left field flying it on 1300's !

Just flew her again today on a 1300....flys like a dream! I'll use the 2200's if there's a wind; if not, I like the way it flys on the 13's. Gettin' 10 minutes on them as well...light and floaty just like a giant Alfa!

Cheers all !
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:20 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,800 Posts
Mike , thanks for the great review once again . I also appreciate the respectful comments to my post , its great to see emotion left out and we stick to business ,at times its crazy when you see post defending the "distributor" when the comments are all business.
No doubt Tower is a great company , I have also had great conversations with them on the subject of epo formats with the hopes they do get into the game faster.
As far as the model , in reality no plane in the 60" and under format needs flaps or even retracts , its simple matter of fun and as we all know they can be added to this plane easily.
I guess with the deal and shipping and the excellent finish an easy bash of flaps and retracts could take this plane up a notch for those of us that dont want to keep it simple .
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:19 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
No problem Ldm... There is no question you can buy an assortment of Corsairs in all finish levels and details. We can all pick one that fits are need and budget!

Just flew her again last night - this plane is really spectacular!

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:34 AM
Sherman, TX
Joined Aug 2003
342 Posts
Corsair

Good review. Thanks for sharing your insights into flying your new model. Of course, I always expect a good review from you. Thanks... Joe
jed1d is offline Find More Posts by jed1d
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
Thanks Joe!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:58 AM
rvlevy7
United States, NJ, Clinton Township
Joined Sep 2012
185 Posts
Mike

I love Tower Hobbies. Your review was impression. F4U Corsair TH product has affordable price and good features, cool.
Thumb up

Bob
rvlevy7 is offline Find More Posts by rvlevy7
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:59 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
Yep Bob - it is a keeper for sure.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Dec 2005
5,416 Posts
Very nice review and thanks for showing a couple of take off and landings. Usually on vids you see a plane in the air, that is too far a way. I always like seeing a few take off and landings, that will tell a person a lot about a plane This plane fits perfectly into my budget, field and other needs.

I did have a PZ F4U and can only judge it to be a so-so plane, particularly for the price of the plane. Typical PZ fit and finish, which is not all that good and the typical PZ mid level quality. Not bashing PZ as I have owned about eight of their planes, but this Tower offering appears to have a better fit and finish, is uncomplicated and is the right size for me.

Blast it all, it looks like I will be at my LHS Monday to order the Tower F4U.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
I finally got my TH Corsair up in the air this AM. I had a friend hand launch her and she flew beautifully. The CG was spot on with a little lead in the nose and a Parkzone 1800 3s battery. She is harder to land than my other warbirds, PZ T-28 Trojan and Flyzone Focke-Wuld -FW 190 though, but she came home in one piece after a great flight and semi rough landing. My hat is off to Tower Hobbies on this one. I can't believe the price point either. I just ordered a second one and will pick up their P-51 Mustang foamie in a couple of weeks. Great job Tower Hobbies.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,492 Posts
Ah yes,

More converts to the Tower Hobbies F4U faithful !
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,416 Posts
Received the TH F4U today. Very nice plane, the fit and finish are excellent. As mentioned by others the decals are blended exceptionally well with the finish.

I won't be using the main gear so I will remove the tail wheel assembly and give this bird a good workout this weekend.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,492 Posts
This model makes a great belly lander...

Just be careful to tape the areas that come in contact with terra firma...
RCG Plus Member