HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:11 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Looking good. I'm somewhat tempted to turn turn my Y6 into a Hexastar. The Y6 flies well and all that, but it's difficult to use. Even short grass is enough to get in the way of the props. Not sure if a hexastar can fly with a motor out though, maybe it can since the motor-to-motor distance is so short. Also, got any landing gear that is suitable for the hexastar?
I think trex 250 landing skid using is more easy to converting y6 to hexastar.
The missing point converting y6 to hexastar ;
Each motor mount need support from upper main plate in the hexastar.
how it's will be possible to converted y6?
Widelec is offline Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Well, I wouldn't say "convert", I meant that I would simply take the electronics off the Y6 frame and move everything to a hexastar frame. Or maybe there's landing gear out there that is suitable for the Y6? I use 2200mah 3S lipos on this one and the ground clearance isn't the best. I have to use nylon standoffs to keep the props off the ground.

EDIT: Oh you mean T-rex 250 skids fit the Y6?
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:12 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Well, I wouldn't say "convert", I meant that I would simply take the electronics off the Y6 frame and move everything to a hexastar frame. Or maybe there's landing gear out there that is suitable for the Y6? I use 2200mah 3S lipos on this one and the ground clearance isn't the best. I have to use nylon standoffs to keep the props off the ground.

EDIT: Oh you mean T-rex 250 skids fit the Y6?
converting are confused. Now ok.

Y6 frame have got 3 extra 3mm hole each arm side.

I have one broken propeller balancer.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11453
This propeller balancer aluminium distance part is 9cm
each part end have m3 screw slot and well fit to Y6 extra hole as landing gear

Alternatively

This motor mount parts also 96mm long and usable as landing gear.
more cheap and instock now

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19010

RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:29 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I actually use a couple of stacked nylon spacers as landing gear. I'd rather not use metal parts. The nylon standoffs will snap in a bad landing. But they're not quite as stable as I want them to be. A real landing skid would make it easier to land on grass. I have to disarm the Y6 in mid-air and then chop the throttle before I hit the ground so the props don't hit anything while they still spin. It's not ideal.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:03 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
That's for how is seen with 9cm aluminium parts

Name: ERM_5430_Medium.JPG
Views: 65
Size: 151.2 KB
Description: Name: ERM_5431_Medium.JPG
Views: 53
Size: 129.6 KB
Description: Name: ERM_5435_Medium.JPG
Views: 48
Size: 140.3 KB
Description:

Note:

we are talking in wrong thread
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:24 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Mine looks like so:

And yes I know, I'll post in the other topic if I have anything else to add.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:01 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
some photos of the tri...

warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:34 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Looking real good, now I want to see how it flies! (I routed my wires inside the arms though, looks nicer, ha!)

Mine flies quite well. Unfortunately, I can only fly on weekends now that the winter season has started. =/
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:29 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
some photos of the tri...

wow
looking wonderfull
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:08 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
Hello there

Simonk firmware reflashed suppo 10A ESC ($9.99) avaible on bambucopter store.
Reflashed Suppo 10A ESC's suitable to BlueBird Quadcopter, Tricopter and Simple Quad models with suppo 2208/17 1100kv brushles motors & 0845 propellers.

Cheers!

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:36 PM
Joined Feb 2013
709 Posts
I am interested in a 100% polycarbonate quad frame (like the SimpleQuad), but in 450 size. I assume it's not made because of flexing, but just wanted to ask ... I had tried the bambucopter contact page, but it sits and spins when I tried to submit a question.

Here are my questions (If someone here is able to answer):

1. Any plans to make a 100% polycarbonate 450 frame?

2. Since there is currently no polycarb frame in 450 size, I noticed the BlueBird and the SmallQuad 450. Am I correct to assume they're the same quad except SmallQuad has gopro mount and different landing gear?

3. I noticed on the forums that the smallQuad pictured had a protective plate over the flight controller, as well as extensions to support the battery: http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...811_Medium.JPG

Will the smallquad 450 come as pictured there? The website mentions the gopro but doesn't mention anything about the battery mount in photos or text details.

4. How strong are the arms? Can extras be bought? I assume it's something one can buy elsewhere if needed?

5. Will NTM 28-26A 1200kv / 250w motors mount on the frame?

Thanks
mysql101 is offline Find More Posts by mysql101
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:52 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I think the arms are Align 250 carbon fiber tail booms actually. But don't quote me on that. They are super light but unfortunately quite thin. I doubt they'll survive a crash, but they should be quite cheap and easy to replace. I got a hairline crack in two of them when I tightened up the boom block.

The crack isn't a problem though, my Bluebird Tri flies just fine. Wonder if I should take it out tomorrow? I might just do that. The best thing about it is the 16 min flight time you get with a 2200mah 3S Lipo.

I doubt a 450 polycarb frame can be made. I have the smallquad and even with numerous supports in each arm they still flex easily so balanced props are a must on it. The reason why you don't see any "Crab" frames larger than 25cm is because of flex.

Yes, the NTM motors will work on it. The frames use the common 16/19 hole spacing.
Last edited by WiseDuck; Feb 08, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:16 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Anyways, this one is kinda messy...

But it'll fly just fine. Will post videos and whatnot tomorrow, if the weather will let me.

Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:50 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
mwc tri // bluebird tricopter (2 min 57 sec)
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Very nice! How did you get the tail to hold so well? I find that I need to make adjustments quite often because it drifts/yaws right when I fly fast... The support motors I use give long flight times but they lack punch. I was surprised to find that I hit full throttle last time I flew. I thought I was at 70% throttle but then I bumped into the upper limit of the sticks movement. That'd when I realized just how weak the motors I use really are!