HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:22 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
957 Posts
Under a light load your Eneloop is probably already 90% discharged by that warning.

The only things that would really change power use are vibration/backlight/and low power range check mode.. The 8J doesnt transmit at too high of a power anyways, according to the product website, it drains 140mah which is pretty efficient for a 4 cell radio.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:10 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Jun 2011
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Under a light load your Eneloop is probably already 90% discharged by that warning.

The only things that would really change power use are vibration/backlight/and low power range check mode.. The 8J doesnt transmit at too high of a power anyways, according to the product website, it drains 140mah which is pretty efficient for a 4 cell radio.
pach,

Thanks for your answers. If you could indulge an electronic dummy one more question:

Since the Eneloops claim to be 1900 mAh, does that mean one could expect 13 hrs of operation, assuming new batteries at full charge?
kgibson4 is offline Find More Posts by kgibson4
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:12 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,104 Posts
can this rx accept those FrSky DFT modules? FrSky listed 8J in the list
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:52 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
can this rx accept those FrSky DFT modules? FrSky listed 8J in the list
I would like to understand why you would pay the price of this new TX, then replace its RF system. You void the warranty for one thing..

If you want to do that, pick up a more capable used radio that will take a FrSky module for the same or less money..

Perhaps I am missing something.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:08 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
I would like to understand why you would pay the price of this new TX, then replace its RF system. You void the warranty for one thing..

If you want to do that, pick up a more capable used radio that will take a FrSky module for the same or less money..

Perhaps I am missing something.
No need to replace anything. Weve used the 6J since last year with the older V8HT but had to remove the shottky diode from the ppm line. You have all necessary signals in the buddyport, if you dont mind some velcro and a box with antenna on the back of the TX. If the D-module doesnt work, you might have to remove the shottky (just short it out) from the PCB as it is built-in.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:16 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris View Post
No need to replace anything. Weve used the 6J since last year with the older V8HT but had to remove the shottky diode from the ppm line. You have all necessary signals in the buddyport, if you dont mind some velcro and a box with antenna on the back of the TX. If the D-module doesnt work, you might have to remove the shottky (just short it out) from the PCB as it is built-in.
is there a thread on how this is done? Sounds like the Anylink module approach. Is there some kind of adapter that will let me change modules on a non module radio?
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:59 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:
is there a thread on how this is done? Sounds like the Anylink module approach. Is there some kind of adapter that will let me change modules on a non module radio?
Have been too lazy to post the clip and pics, but youll find the principle in the hack clip, of a 6EX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkzArBzRqlw
and the port pinouts show up somewhere in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyahEMzAxW4
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:29 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,245 Posts
numnutchris,

Thanks for the videos. I see you are inside the radio putting in the FrSky system and can freely switch between them. VERY COOL way to update an older radio. Not something I would want to do on a new radio though. Really appreciate the video.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:35 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:
numnutchris,

Thanks for the videos. I see you are inside the radio putting in the FrSky system and can freely switch between them. VERY COOL way to update an older radio. Not something I would want to do on a new radio though. Really appreciate the video.
As I said, no need to open the TX at all, the signals are present in the buddy port but if you dont understand the wiring do not try it.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:23 PM
3d flippin
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Jan 2012
1,857 Posts
is the8j full range i know the reciver states it is full range but is the tx full range?
The_MonsterMash is offline Find More Posts by The_MonsterMash
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
Ron - AMA 1025
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Aug 2005
292 Posts
8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MonsterMash View Post
is the8j full range i know the reciver states it is full range but is the tx full range?
Yes, full range. I just got one a few weeks ago, what a great radio - and reasonable priced too. Selling my DX8 -
ronwc is online now Find More Posts by ronwc
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:36 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
I know they taut 6.8ms as high speed mode for S-FHSS

my wild guess as for why they havent published the resolution atleast very publiclly, is because #a its 1024 and dont want to admit it, #b its 2048 or higher and dont want to futher alienate the FASST crowd..
On another forum I read that it is 2048 resolution.

Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:49 PM
3d flippin
Joined Jan 2012
1,857 Posts
ok im gunna get this radio because its nice and good price i wanted the 8fg but its just to expensive
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined May 2012
34 Posts
You will not be dissapointed with the 8J.
Felix the kat is offline Find More Posts by Felix the kat
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:43 PM
3d flippin
Joined Jan 2012
1,857 Posts
went with the 8fg