Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:23 PM
United States, GA, Norcross
Joined Dec 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris View Post
You mean ESC/Motor beeps? If Tx beeps you have some warning activated and it should read kind of ** THR-STK ** or like that on the Tx display. Check your mixes and start Tx with thr stick at lowest pos. Have you tried an empty/resetted model/memory?

If ESC/Motor makes constant beeps it usually indicates no signal - check Rx-Tx link, polarity of ESC (servo) connectors and so on.

Is some FC invoked? SimonK ESCs are plain simple to calibrate, most likely something else in the setup is making the mess.
(Connect an ESC to Rx throttle channel and try, if its not what youve been doing)
No, the Transmitter beeps because throttle is not at min/0.

I also tried new hobbyking F-30A ESC with no simonk firmware and its same result... its some sh!tty setting on the futaba transmitter!!!
Phroso is offline Find More Posts by Phroso
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:33 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroso View Post
No, the Transmitter beeps because throttle is not at min/0.

I also tried new hobbyking F-30A ESC with no simonk firmware and its same result... its some sh!tty setting on the futaba transmitter!!!
Transmitter beeps has nothing to do with escs. Move thr to min, then power on Tx, then thr to max and proceed with the above calibration (power on rx etc.)

if Thr is at min and your tx still beeps you can bypass the warning by pressing +- simultaneously. But check your settings/mixes on why it beeps; do the test as mentioned, with empty model.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Jun 07, 2013, 02:07 AM
Joined Jun 2013
1 Posts
Hello.
The Futaba T8J has been around for over a year now. Are you people still "raving" about it?

Does it suit glider/sailplane setups? Im looking at PZ radian pro

Thanks!
jjob23 is offline Find More Posts by jjob23
Old Jun 07, 2013, 02:35 AM
Ron - AMA 1025
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Aug 2005
278 Posts
8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjob23 View Post
Hello.
The Futaba T8J has been around for over a year now. Are you people still "raving" about it?

Thanks!
I've had mine for about 6 months, have all 20 planes in it, and have 100's of flights with perfect results. One of the planes is the Radian Pro which flies great.
ronwc is online now Find More Posts by ronwc
Old Jun 07, 2013, 06:33 AM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
565 Posts
I have had mine since Christmas and I love it. I know one day I will have to upgrade to something better but I think it was the best choice for me just learning a programable radio in all. Very simple to use and has a great balance and feel in my hands.
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Jun 07, 2013, 08:09 AM
Joined May 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjob23 View Post
Hello.

Thanks!
I've had mine for more than a year now and must say it's awesome. Has mixes and functions which I don't fully understand yet, a lot of them. Instructions are very detailed.

Yes it does have plenty of airplane (acro) settings. Flaps, flaperons, elevons, ect.

I fly helicopters with it and particularly like that you can set any switch to any function unlike others that have pre-sets. Plus no antenna to break.
Felix the kat is offline Find More Posts by Felix the kat
Old Jun 07, 2013, 07:46 PM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Sep 2004
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix the kat View Post
I've had mine for more than a year now and must say it's awesome. Has mixes and functions which I don't fully understand yet, a lot of them. Instructions are very detailed.

Yes it does have plenty of airplane (acro) settings. Flaps, flaperons, elevons, ect.

I fly helicopters with it and particularly like that you can set any switch to any function unlike others that have pre-sets. Plus no antenna to break.
I agree! I have had mine for over a year now and still love it!
jdanks is offline Find More Posts by jdanks
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:42 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
Canyou get the throttle totally smooth without the small steps?
waqr is offline Find More Posts by waqr
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:48 AM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
565 Posts
If you buy the Heli version the throttle is already smooth. mine was the airplane version and It comes with a new metal tab and you just have to pop the back of the transmitter case off and replace the old one with the new one. Easy as pie.
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Jun 14, 2013, 06:42 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 06:43 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
So today I recevied my Futaba T8J. Uptil today I have used the Spektrum DX6 so Futaba is totally new to me. I need som help setting this up with the Align gov on my Trex 600N.

Can someone please guide me through how to connect the wires to the receiver and how to setup the radio in order to get the governor working.

Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 05:54 PM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
So maybe someone can explain how the gyro settings work then. Is it the same as with the Spektrum that you have a range of 0-100 and that everything below 50 is rate mode?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 03:43 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
411 Posts
Usually Futaba defines throws from -100 to +100 (with possibility to extend them to normally 140). But the 8J doesnt show the - or + when looking at eg. the SERVO or END POINT screens. (Also this is, as far as I know, the only Futaba Tx where the THR stick by default moves the opposite way vs. the elevator; see the SERVO screen again - in all other Tx:es youve had to REVerse the THR stick when flying electric.)
Meaning: Most likely your gyro will respond as HH mode when tuning the gain in one direction, say 0 to -100, and if so - then as rate in the other, when tuning from 0 to +100.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Jun 15, 2013, 06:57 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 06:57 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
So, this is how my settings look like for the Align RCE-G600 GOV:

I have assigned switch C (three way switch) to activate and deactivate GOV. My thought is to have the GOV deactivated in pos 1 and have headspeed to 80 & 85% in pos 2 & 3. I have also set the throttle curves in norm, IU1 & IU2 as I want them. So, can I just start in normal mode and then activate GOV through switch C? Also, if deactivating GOV will the helicopter go back to the pos acc to the IU switch?