HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Do you want to buy XG11?
Yes, I want XG11. 123 58.85%
I buy XG8. 34 16.27%
Prefer Futaba or Airtronics or Groupner,,, 25 11.96%
I use my old TX. 27 12.92%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 06, 2012, 07:03 AM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
477 Posts
The RG1131B is a 11 channel receiver. It comes with a Telemetry transmitter the RA-01T.

By default you get Rx pack voltage. To get altitude, temp etc etc you just need to buy additional sensors which just connect to the receiver.

Stuart
fredo21 is offline Find More Posts by fredo21
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 07:25 AM
Fly Big, Fly Hard!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredo21 View Post
The RG1131B is a 11 channel receiver. It comes with a Telemetry transmitter the RA-01T.

By default you get Rx pack voltage. To get altitude, temp etc etc you just need to buy additional sensors which just connect to the receiver.

Stuart
Thanks Stuart. Are the other sensors available yet?
Royster is offline Find More Posts by Royster
Old May 06, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Hi all,

I have a DMSS module in my 11X ZERO since friday. WOW. I love it.
A huge difference to my XG8. Even the trouble I had with a RG631B is gone.
(Dead after low voltage until power cycled, did not happen with a RG831B nor when using my 11X DMSS)
Some telemetric data has min and max.
The downsides: still only one temperature, I'd like controller, LiPo and engine temperature,
and only 6 values displayable.
A second page would be quite handy sometimes.
And something like the Multiplex Souffleur would be nice:
http://www.multiplex-rc.de/produkte/...491f4791c35686

By the way, the telemetric adapter, to connect more sensors, is just a 8 port Y connector.
So it you have only 2 sensors you can do it much cheaper......

Cheers, Ralf
rapega is offline Find More Posts by rapega
Old May 06, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
So what is the deal with buying the XG8/11 in the US? If we buy it from China, who will service the radio? Does JR have a service center in the US? Is anyone flying with these radios in the US? thanks

Randy
burke757 is offline Find More Posts by burke757
Old May 06, 2012, 02:57 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Sep 2010
126 Posts
not sure and I would like to know this as well,
RC711.com has them for around $160 CHEAPER than what Horizon are going to sell it for.
i'm in the same baot. why pay that much more for it here.
the question if you get it from over sea's is Horizon going to service it ?
ramoooo is offline Find More Posts by ramoooo
Old May 06, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Thanks Ramoooo. I kind of doubt HH would service it, but I don't know. Also, what are the big differences between the XG11 and the 8? Are either or both module based? Will third party sensors (liked winged shadow electronics) work for Spektrum work with this telemetry?
Old May 06, 2012, 07:18 PM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royster View Post
Thanks Stuart. Are the other sensors available yet?
Have a look at the nodelflight.com.au site. Search under DMSS. That will give you a current list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke757 View Post
Thanks Ramoooo. I kind of doubt HH would service it, but I don't know. Also, what are the big differences between the XG11 and the 8? Are either or both module based? Will third party sensors (liked winged shadow electronics) work for Spektrum work with this telemetry?
Both XG11 and 8 are both not module based. I own an XG8, from what I could see from the manuals, apart from 3 extra channels and a larger screen, you get more timers, more stick switches, more points in your throttle curve and a few extra other functions. I am sure there are more but I didn't do a full audit.

Stuart
fredo21 is offline Find More Posts by fredo21
Old May 06, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Stuart...hmmm. I saw the photo of the back of the XG11 and could have swore it had a module you could remove. That is why I asked that.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:48 PM
United States, IA, Ames
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke757 View Post
Stuart...hmmm. I saw the photo of the back of the XG11 and could have swore it had a module you could remove. That is why I asked that.
No module. Just a place where there could be one but not an actual module. What you see on the back of the 11 is just a cover.
rcflyn4fun is offline Find More Posts by rcflyn4fun
Old May 07, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Sep 2010
126 Posts
thats not good. I have a x9503 and I love the radio sooo much but the bad part is there is no module. so i'm stuck with it. I would have loved if i caould use the Dmss module and covert it.
the x11 has a module so why not the xg11 where you can still use your old DSM2 and DSMX ?
Old May 11, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Sep 2010
126 Posts
Does anyone know if the X11 features and programing is similar to the XG11 ?
the reason I'm asking is that if the xg11 cannot have a module to fly my DSM. then it might be better for me to buy an 11X and just by the module for the XG11.
I currently fly my X9503 and love it but I dont want to lose money selling it along with my 6 receivers. so if the all the features are available ( except telemetry ) i think i'm better off going that way.
any advice ?
Old May 12, 2012, 01:55 AM
United States, IA, Ames
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramoooo View Post
Does anyone know if the X11 features and programing is similar to the XG11 ?
the reason I'm asking is that if the xg11 cannot have a module to fly my DSM. then it might be better for me to buy an 11X and just by the module for the XG11.
I currently fly my X9503 and love it but I dont want to lose money selling it along with my 6 receivers. so if the all the features are available ( except telemetry ) i think i'm better off going that way.
any advice ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramoooo View Post
thats not good. I have a x9503 and I love the radio sooo much but the bad part is there is no module. so i'm stuck with it. I would have loved if i caould use the Dmss module and covert it.
the x11 has a module so why not the xg11 where you can still use your old DSM2 and DSMX ?
The 11X is not a module based radio. The 11X Zero is a module based radio. The 11X has a cover in the back of the radio where a module would normally go but it is not a module. I've been told that by removing that cover a module might be able to plug in there but cannot confirm that and even if you could plug in a module to it the 11X wouldn't have the software/programming in it to support the module.
rcflyn4fun is offline Find More Posts by rcflyn4fun
Old May 12, 2012, 02:01 AM
Joined Sep 2010
126 Posts
thanks man
Old May 12, 2012, 04:29 AM
Fly Big, Fly Hard!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
933 Posts
Been using the XG11 for over a week now and I am very happy with it!

Looking forward to adding some more telemetry to it for specific models that are mission critical such as expensive warbirds.
Royster is offline Find More Posts by Royster
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:02 AM
Chicago, USA and Manila, Philippines
Joined May 2007
153 Posts
correct... it was HH greediness that causes this.. as far as I remember back then before the 2.4 ghz era (or the beginning of 2.4, ). most radios from futaba/airtronics/jr that is 7 channel and above are "module" based until HH started to released their Spektrum radio (US technology but assembled by Jr.) and become popular and changed the rules ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin View Post
The problems with modules on JR radios purchased from HH is mostly down to HH not JR as even where JR made modular versions that could be swapped for other countries, HH preferred to market the fixed dedicated versions to keep people locked into the DSM/DSM2 market.
yurstruly is offline Find More Posts by yurstruly