SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:44 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,415 Posts
Speed grease is the name for their grease to lubricate the drive train in the stuff tube. It also helps keep water from coming in via the tube. I have used it for years and find it works well. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:02 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,600 Posts
And you only need a little bit and there's a big package!
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Nov 10, 2011, 06:24 PM
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
250 Posts
we where just talking about this boat today, any interest in a carbon fiber upgrade? might not be needed .but its a hobby and upgrades are cool, yes/no does it look like a easy transplant and would you consider it? this would be new for us, but it looks fun
Expresscraft is offline Find More Posts by Expresscraft
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,600 Posts
That would be cool, how much do you estimate? Oh and make a pre painted one with AWSOME designs.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:50 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
Carbon + fancy paint = way more for the hull than the complete boat costs.
wparsons is online now Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 12, 2011, 09:02 AM
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
250 Posts
yes we were just thinking hull, we could of course paint it, but that's all labor, plus the guy that would consider this will already have some skills in building, or at least confidence in his skills, no way to improve on their price, but our hull will not be bad, in the end this is a great little project that is still very affordable, and for the time spent doing what you like to do, and the finished product it will be a great value=sales. i think we will be under 100.00 bucks for sure but i need to do it first to see that number can be a real one, but in carbon you will be able to put a great paint job on it, and also sharpen all its edges, plus the cool factor,
Old Nov 12, 2011, 01:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,600 Posts
I can't use my 2.4 system though. Maybe go Fiberglass? I just changed my mind about it. I'd rather keep the stock than have to get a new radio system becasue It's carbon fiber. Fiberglass would sell much better and be cheaper. There wouldn't be enough weight difference to matter that much.
Go Fiberglass or don't go at all.
Just my $.02 worth.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:17 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
You *can* run 2.4ghz in carbon hulls, you just need an external antenna. All the flysky systems have antennas that are plenty long to get a couple inches out of the hull. Tactic systems would leave you stuck though.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 08:26 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,600 Posts
I am just using my Dx6i actually because of dual rates and programming features but I am using a knock off chinese rx (Orangerx) and the antenna is about 1" long.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:51 AM
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
250 Posts
yea they still make aftermarket antennas,also there are plenty of boats that are carbon fiber, its just a cool factor,i run in gas offshore, and we take our boats out pretty far, i do not know the tech side of things, but i do know i run my antenna inside my hull with no problems, i remember in rc cars years ago they had carbon fiber roll over antenna tubes, with no problems, so witch is it carbon fiber a frequency blocker or not?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:28 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
Carbon fiber is definitely a signal shield , the old roll over tube antennas didn't block it because the antenna wrapped around the outside of them.

Spektrum sells a special RX for carbon fuselage gliders that has longer antennas that stick out of the fuselage like whiskers.

It's not as much of a problem with FM systems, but 2.4ghz systems have a hard time with penetrating carbon.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:50 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,600 Posts
Yeah I was just looking on Spektrums webite. I am trying to find a good RX for my next plane build. But yeah i noticed some of them.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:46 AM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Jul 2010
348 Posts
I am new in RC boat

I am in RC glider area. I have RC car, but never had a boat before. I am considering to start with this boat. I read the menual, which stated: "a stutter bump warning system...". How does this system work? Can you hear the warning sound? I always warry about the boat stuck in the middle of the water and can't get it back. This is probably a major thing that I warryied about. Can you help? Thanks,
xiaoyu80305 is offline Find More Posts by xiaoyu80305
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:49 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
Stutter bump means it pulses power to the motor, you can hear the motor pitch change and you can also see it.

Unless you ignore that for a while and keep driving, you won't get stuck in the middle of the lake.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:01 PM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Jul 2010
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Stutter bump means it pulses power to the motor, you can hear the motor pitch change and you can also see it.

Unless you ignore that for a while and keep driving, you won't get stuck in the middle of the lake.
Thank you for the answer. Can you tell me what can I see?
xiaoyu80305 is offline Find More Posts by xiaoyu80305