HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jmpdgs, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:34 PM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Gallery
X-UAV HK B-17G - 909 scheme

X-UAV manufactures this kit, but I purchased it from Hobbyking. It's been a very nice platform from which to start in my quest for something a bit more scale looking than the average foamy. There were a number of B-17's to choose from including the 83" HK Memphis Belle, a pair of 63"ers from Freewing, one from Starmax and this "MYSTERIOUS" one sold by HK. I was captivated by the paint scheme, it's size (only 63" which is much better for a VANLESS guy like me) and the bomb drop.

Half way through the detailing, I took her out and maidened her and she proved worthy of completion, so here she is about 90% done with only a few minor areas to address.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Last edited by jmpdgs; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:29 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpdgs View Post
I have absolutely no idea who actually manufactures this kit, but I purchased it from Hobbyking. It's been a very nice platform from which to start in my quest for something a bit more scale looking than the average foamy. There were a number of B-17's to choose from including the 83" HK Memphis Belle, a pair of 63"ers from Freewing, one from Starmax and this "MYSTERIOUS" one sold by HK. I was captivated by the paint scheme, it's size (only 63" which is much better for a VANLESS guy like me) and the bomb drop.

Half way through the detailing, I took her out and maidened her and she proved worthy of completion, so here she is about 90% done with only a few minor areas to address.
Have you flown it yet.
Are you running stock?
Is that the same as this (on 4S). Wonder why this thing sounds BIG...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=8dPxefXjVpk#!

Thanks,
Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Apr 05, 2013, 12:59 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,440 Posts
Sweet Fortress Joe!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...