HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:16 PM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanbg View Post
Hi guys , need your advise here. I read in this thread that CS10 - 70mm is good for - 2800-3000kv on 4s. I just tested it with NTM 2700KV

On my WATT meter ( WHATSUP ) it shows 63-66A on 4s batt. As this motor is rated for 50A max , it seems that 2700kv is too much for that fan

On 3s it get about 45A , but I guess the thrust will be too low. I intend to use this fan/motor for my Durafly Sea Vixen.

does anyone have expirience with that motor and if not what you will sugest for 4s ?
The NTM 2836 is not the best motor, bell length/weight wise, to try with the CS10. But, 63-65amps is not too bad. It may be able to handle it. Try running it for 1-2mins and check the bell temperature after the run to see if the temps are below 140F.

You would have been better off running the l2855-2800kv or the L2226-3000kv if you are after a low-cost motor.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:49 AM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Sep 2006
229 Posts
I finally found a jet that works to my liking with this fan. My other jets have fairly restrictive ducting that did not work well with the CS fan. This straight through ducting of the Lip 20 works very nicely. It's a fairly low power setup with 2300Kv motor on 4S, but fast enough for now.
RBC Kits Lippisch Lip 20 (3 min 12 sec)

Enjoy!
MrBlobby is offline Find More Posts by MrBlobby
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:19 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlobby View Post
I finally found a jet that works to my liking with this fan. My other jets have fairly restrictive ducting that did not work well with the CS fan. This straight through ducting of the Lip 20 works very nicely. It's a fairly low power setup with 2300Kv motor on 4S, but fast enough for now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryTBWEqVFc
Enjoy!
Nice video, that looks like a fun plane to fly. Sounds good too.

Cheers
supercollider is online now Find More Posts by supercollider
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:50 PM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Sep 2006
229 Posts
Thanks, its indeed a fun plane to fly. I stil have a lot of work to do on it. Sanding, painting, detailing etc... Check www.rbckits.com for this and other nice kits.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:05 AM
United Kingdom, Leeds
Joined Aug 2011
43 Posts
Does anyone know a supplier for these at the minute that has them in stock?
Can't seem to find them anywhere in stock?
crashnstick is offline Find More Posts by crashnstick
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:55 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnstick View Post
Does anyone know a supplier for these at the minute that has them in stock?
Can't seem to find them anywhere in stock?
X-flight...

http://www.x-flight.com.hk/index.php...&more=&lang=en
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:49 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlobby View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryTBWEqVFc
Enjoy!
wow, that's only 4s!?

I fly that same setup on twin 5s, push's planes along nicely and doesn't heat up to bad either. I was only pulling around 38 amps max on 4s with that setup...

Really nice
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:15 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,758 Posts
Yes, fast for 4S !!!
It is a smallish and slick plane (fibreglass or plastic fuselage), plus a thrust tube (smooth for efflux), so I guess that all adds up!
I had two... only one now... L2855-2300kv 4S CS10 jets... and they are "OK", but I consider them anaemic and power eaters for nothing! Nothing like that Lip 20 !!
I guess you can compare that one to the Phase3 F-16..... similar sort of small size and can be made to be very slick, thus fast on lower powers.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SBEC's connected in parallel
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:23 AM
United Kingdom, Leeds
Joined Aug 2011
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Excellent, thank you for such a rapid response my friend, just ordered 2!
crashnstick is offline Find More Posts by crashnstick
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:09 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
CS70mm 10 blader in my new F-18 airframe.

F 18 JR 3D 70mm flight (3 min 59 sec)
viperviper is offline Find More Posts by viperviper
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:26 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,499 Posts
Here is a pic from a customer, one of the new Lander fans? I am surprised at the weight quoted for these things, shaft looks like 4mm, anyone confirm this? Certainly snapped clean!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:32 PM
Joined Aug 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper View Post
CS70mm 10 blader in my new F-18 airframe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygIrYz4Uth0
What hi speed pass???? looks like you were snailing it around the whole time.
91-ZULU is offline Find More Posts by 91-ZULU
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:03 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91-ZULU View Post
What hi speed pass???? looks like you were snailing it around the whole time.
i had realised it previously, but i thought i had changed the words from "speed passes" to "low altitude passes", somehow the video got mixed up, the changes was not in this version...lol.
viperviper is offline Find More Posts by viperviper
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:53 PM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Sep 2006
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Yes, fast for 4S !!!
It is a smallish and slick plane (fibreglass or plastic fuselage), plus a thrust tube (smooth for efflux), so I guess that all adds up!
I had two... only one now... L2855-2300kv 4S CS10 jets... and they are "OK", but I consider them anaemic and power eaters for nothing! Nothing like that Lip 20 !!
I guess you can compare that one to the Phase3 F-16..... similar sort of small size and can be made to be very slick, thus fast on lower powers.
Yes, only 4S. The Lip 20 has a fibreglass fuse that is very streamlined. It does not slow down on the landing which makes those tricky. Final leg must be about knee height ;-)
I have to open up the thrust tube a little more because the thrust is very low at the moment. Vertical climbs don't go very high.
I am painting the model now to look a lot more scale.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:00 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
728 Posts
Forgive me if it's already been brought up but do y'all know anything about this fan?

http://www.x-flight.com.hk/index.php...more=&lang=en#
dpowellmeii is offline Find More Posts by dpowellmeii