HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:24 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Sep 2012
128 Posts
Thanks for that anlucas. Based on that video I think I would be happy with around that speed. It looks like I may need to abandon my thoughts of re-using my 4S packs. It also sounds like I should probably not expect to get that nice whoosh sound from my A-10 as there should be a pretty clean airflow into the nacelles. Maybe the CS10 is not the optimal fan in that case.....

Lots more learning to do before pulling the trigger on this one Thanks for the help!
GooberRC is offline Find More Posts by GooberRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
gooberrc
here's my buddies projet A10 with twin cs10 blade fans, fans are eflight V15 housings with eflight BL32 motors and cs 70/10 rotors. the cs10 rotors are balanced by Tamjets and he is using Tams 5mm shaft adapter and alloy spinner also using Tams special heatsink and tailcone which allows installing the cc lite100amp esc's in the tailcone and provides superior cooling to the motors and esc's. all this is run on a single 6s 5000mah 65c nano tech battery
this works soo good its one of my favorite jets to fly, unbelievable power this thing cruises at around 40% throttle easily 100+mph and full throttle is wicked. so because you practically never are at full throttle the flight times are greatly extended I personally have put over 7min flights on that jet and landed with 20% remaining we put the timer to 6min to be nice to our batts
here is a vid of me flying the A10 I was trying to show it vertical performance it is definitely not one of my better flights but you will get the idea. the fans in this model had a harmonics issue right at 40% throttle you can hear it in the vid, we were working on trying to figure out where it was comming from when Nick crashed it on a landing so he bought another one to replace it and when we had the fans out we noticed a little play in one of the motors bearings, we replace that motor and just maidened the new one last sunday and now its all whoosh!!! and the second one fly's better than the first one, much better. its a great model
enjoy
Nicks A10 (7 min 48 sec)
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
I think also what that video shows is with the right 4s motors I think it could fly great. the trick is selecting the right motors for 4s......and I cant help you there sorry but a lot of info in this thread and others to help select the right ones......your choice but I like the 6s setup.....power and flight time is hard to beat
John
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,573 Posts
Awesome flight jcdfrd , That thing sounds as good as the FlyFly Mirage with the 70mm CS video
pencon is online now Find More Posts by pencon
Last edited by pencon; Nov 27, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:04 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
Awesome flight jcdfrd , What Lipo are you using ? How many Mah etc ?
single 6s 5000mah 65c nano tech battery
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Sep 2012
128 Posts
Done, Done and DONE! At exactly 1:30 in the video I knew I was sold

Thanks a lot jcdfrd. Does your buddy have a build thread anywhere? That's my setup for sure
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:35 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberRC View Post
Done, Done and DONE! At exactly 1:30 in the video I knew I was sold

Thanks a lot jcdfrd. Does your buddy have a build thread anywhere? That's my setup for sure
no build thread on the groups but you can pm him (HeliCopter) he will gladly help you out with the build. he also puts together those fans, balances them and sells them if you want to make it easy on yourself. it really is a great setup

John
Last edited by jcdfrd; Nov 27, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Sep 2012
128 Posts
Awesome. Thanks again. Is he connected to tamjets? I love the TJ70 combo setup but at $399x2 that's getting a little creative with my budget
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:24 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberRC View Post
Awesome. Thanks again. Is he connected to tamjets? I love the TJ70 combo setup but at $399x2 that's getting a little creative with my budget
no but I work for Tam off and on, mostly when he gets busy. nicks fans are not TJ70's they are NJ fans (nick and john) fans and they are less expensive than TJ fans but not quite as good as a TJ fan IMO......anyway give nick a shout and see what he can do for you, you might be surprised
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
no but I work for Tam off and on, mostly when he gets busy. nicks fans are not TJ70's they are NJ fans (nick and john) fans and they are less expensive than TJ fans but not quite as good as a TJ fan IMO......anyway give nick a shout and see what he can do for you, you might be surprised
Will do. Thanks a lot.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:40 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
... so because you practically never are at full throttle the flight times are greatly extended I personally have put over 7min flights on that jet and landed with 20% remaining we put the timer to 6min to be nice to our batts...
+1

I have (or had) 2 jets that did just this both using CS fans with no thrust tubes...could cruise at very little power and stay up until I grew paranoid...

Now I want all my jets like this, I'll take a little less on top end to stay in the air more and be light
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:03 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
There are other options Goober, quite a few guys are using our Extreme Alloy CS10 combos in the A10, and the MIG, and heaps of them out there in single 70mm setups.
4s and 6s available, Assembled and balanced in CNC Alloy housings with custom shaft adapter and spinner, ready to glue or tape into your foamie for $170.00-$177.00 plus shipping.

http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...146_11_195_289
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Sep 2012
128 Posts
^ Thanks. I'll check it out.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:57 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County
Joined Jan 2004
851 Posts
HobbyKing have removed the 10 blade 70mm from the listing...i wonder if they are going to replace it with the 12 bladed one?
MagnusEl is offline Find More Posts by MagnusEl
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusEl View Post
HobbyKing have removed the 10 blade 70mm from the listing...i wonder if they are going to replace it with the 12 bladed one?
i'm sure ChangeSun 12 blade will be replacing 10 bladed fan....from the manufacturer point of view, they will definitely want to gain into a bigger seller pool like HK as they hv much more bulk purchasing power...Creating both a win-win situation for ChangeSun and HK... As from consumer point of view, i am very sure we will also benefit if HK start to sell this 12 bladed fan at a much cheaper price...
viperviper is online now Find More Posts by viperviper
Last edited by viperviper; Nov 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM.