SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:29 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077 View Post
HET 2W-30, tested it at 1680watts and 74amps with a semi-full battery.

I have probably 30-40 flights now on this setup.
hi nighthawk, may i know what is your AUW? and the thrust this setup output?

pls advise. tks!!
viperviper is online now Find More Posts by viperviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:01 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
A motor that is 'on the borderline' is way overloaded as far as I am concerned... so I'll stick to what I stated before...
If the motor is going to cost twice what I can get out of borderline motor it better give me twice the performance and reliability.

Quote:
..Ditch the crappo techs and get some real lipo's like Thunder Power G6 series.
I've had enough of these puff and pop cells to know to stick to nanos for the price....if they're going to charge double give me double reliability and performance no just a good warranty.
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:17 AM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
If the motor is going to cost twice what I can get out of borderline motor it better give me twice the performance and reliability.

I've had enough of these puff and pop cells to know to stick to nanos for the price....if they're going to charge double give me double reliability and performance no just a good warranty.
what battery are you running that are puffing up?
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
what battery are you running that are puffing up?
TPs

Someone sold me a 6s pack I'm going to convert into a 5s a month ago, doesn't want to deal with them any longer
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post

Wringing out more more performance of any motor is usually trade off between performance and longevity. More performance usually means a shorter life.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:16 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
I compared some figures for a 70mm setup testing I did a while back using a Wemo minifan with the only difference being motors, HET Vs Cyclone (same KV and yes I tested them). For the same thrust output level 1.46 kg the HET did it at 6 amps less (HET 54A Vs Cyclone 60A).
Not a massive difference in price between the two but the better efficiency and of the HET is worth it in my book. If you're on a budget then I don't think the cyclone is too bad an option but if you have the money go a HET.
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:46 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,937 Posts
Mark (ExttremeRC)....
On your website the CS10 Alloy combo is not quite clear what it gives.
It seems to mention it comes with two shafts - 4mm and 3.17mm. But coul be taken as that it DOES come with both, or CAN come with either.
Does this newer fan come with the motor cooler/cover? The pic doesn't show much.

A good idea would be to have a pic that shows all items in it. eg alongside the fan. Or even better, if you like that front on view too, have two pics. And a bit better laid out text along with it too. Not that the text is bad at all, just a buit unclear and could explain a little bit more in the same total words, or a small amount more. And I would show the fan inlet lip option item, and annotate the pic to advise it is not included (an option) - but have it there so people see it.

"and comes with custom machined 3.17mm & 4mm shaft adapters suitable for our HET motors and most common inrunners"
Almost certainly means comes with both - but not written in '100% for sure' wording.
Better, to be 100% clear, would be:
"and comes with BOTH A custom machined 3.17mm & 4mm shaft adapter suitable for our HET motors and most common inrunners " (something like that to 100% confirm what it means)

There is no mention of the motor cooler, so that suggests it has none. Though you keep mentioning (in posts) about alloy cooling (shroud) and motor cover (sometimes). So showing it in the pic so you can see it is there, nor not, would be good. And in words too. (I see the older housing design has the motor coooler in the pics.. so that suggests the new ones don't have that - but still is not a 100% assured guarantee that they don't)

Fan lip, option.... I don't see where to buy that as a part. And whether it is plastic or alloy - highly likely to be plastic I expect, which is fine. I guess it should be listed in the Extreme Alloy CS10 Parts section (as well as elsewhere I would think).

Just things I noticed, and left me guessing, in the current way it is laid out......
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PeterVRC; Jun 25, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:34 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,545 Posts
I think its pretty clear on what it comes with, but can add a point form list easy enough.
what you get is the new CS 10 Blade rotor that has been balanced, the Extreme 70mm CNC Alloy housing & motor cover set, and comes with custom machined 3.17mm & 4mm shaft adapters suitable for our HET motors and most common inrunners. The new Series II CNC Extreme Spinner is also included.

The inlet lip that fits is a wemotec minifan one, have added the words in for clarity. 99% of models dont need an inlet lip so its not a major issue anyway, I have never been asked for one in all the years I have had alloy housings.
I have personally only ever fitted an inlet lip to one fan and that was in a composite frankenF16 not designed for fans, had been gutted and modified to take a fan by a friend who likes to tinker.

As for photos, every time I think about updating a photo I have run out of stock, the 70mm housings sell like hotcakes, I had 70 arrive 2 weeks ago and I had to order again this week. Will try and do new pics later this week.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:48 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,937 Posts
OK, thanks for that Mark.
So it does have the motor cover (add a new pic, lol).

The inlet lip.... anyone wanting to bench test it will want one that fits....
And I can't find where to select that on the site.
Will the stock CS10 lip fit? Or close enough to make suitable? (bit of sanding, to be good enough for that use?)

And I guess you don't have the HET 2W30 ? (2200kv) as I can't see it there.

Or which HET to suit 6S use... around 2200KV would be an optimal balance I expect.
You do list some full combos, but not what KV they are (or if they are even really going to be available again). eg the "6S 1400W" combo. 2W25 2660kv?
Or what is the 900W combo... 3W25 1810KV ??
One seems a bit on the low KV side (1810 - efficient), the other on the high side (2660 - high power).... 2200kv, nicely in the middle. Goldilocks would love this motor..... hehe

PS: Your section on the 70mm Alloy 6S 900W combo it titled 900W but in the specs it says 990W

In the 1400W specs it shows:
Performance with 2600mah: 21.38v / 65.4A / 1399W / 2.10kg thrust!
Performance with 4000mah: 21.52v / 75.5A / 1625W / 2.4kg thrust!

I guess this means that using a 2600mAH battery it was over-stressing the battery, because otherwise it would have maintained 75A just like the 4000mAH. It can't work 'properly' both ways.... It either truly needs (which is what it looks like) a 75A capable battery, or else you are going to overload (volt sag) the 'weaker' battery trying to drive it and then end up with the 65A in that example when it can't truly deal with the load. It will do it (as I guess you did) but it is not a good use of the battery, versus using one that can truly cope.
It might not be a good spec (battery) to have listed - an overloaded one. Or at least to comment/explain that.
The test result probably should list a C Rating too, and be only done with a battery that can do its job in a capable manner. eg 2600mAH 40C or higher. (if they even exist).
For the 4000Mah a 30C would probably do, but even that might need to be 40C to truly give the Amps.
This is just so it is more useful information included, so buyers do know what they will need, and what to expect.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV Cameras & fixed or pan/tilt
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:02 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:26 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,545 Posts
Sigh....

The figures are there as a guide only, they are going to vary for every other person unless they use the exact same packs and conditions.

No nothing wrong with the 2600mah test, purely shows the difference in power obtainable by a larger battery that can maintain a higher output in watts. This is normal for batteries of different capacities and something an electronics tech should understand.

Stock comes and goes, if it shows out of stock then hey, likely it is! If its a regular item it will be on the website, if it was not going to be kept anymore it would be removed, so obviously the combos are a regular product...When a customer wants to know about stock they usually email me and ask, "when are you expecting this back in" they dont get on a public forum and question whether the products listed will ever be available again...

The 900w setup is labelled as such because thats what the average person is seeing when they run it, my figures are quite obviously strong when you look at the voltage my 45c pack was holding, the average user will run a pair of 2200 3s packs and see 900w maybe less, again too many variables across users to be able to say everyone will get X in their setup. When I have time I might run the fan again on some 2200 packs and post up those figures as well, as long as you dont question whether the packs are suitable or not
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:42 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
how about these figures
tj70 cs/10 on 6s bl32 motor
nearly 5lbs of thrust and 208mph eflux at 72amps........now put that in your pipe and smoke it
ok the vid is up, here it is proper bench testing

TJ70 CS rotor BL32 2150kv (5 min 0 sec)
Last edited by jcdfrd; Jun 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:59 PM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,336 Posts
These results are nothing to sneeze at but then again nothing extraordinary.

I get these results with a $15 L2855-2100kv on 6S and with the Cyclone power 2800kv on 5s. Same results with an L2855-2300kv on 25c 6s packs.
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:26 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
These results are nothing to sneeze at but then again nothing extraordinary.

I get these results with a $15 L2855-2100kv on 6S and with the Cyclone power 2800kv on 5s. Same results with an L2855-2300kv on 25c 6s packs.
well how many flights have you logged with those cheap motors?......the bl32 used in that test was out of sean's habu and has logged well over 200 flights. I think its pretty darn impressive performance and reliability and this is where the cheap motors fall down
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:35 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
well how many flights have you logged with those cheap motors?......the bl32 used in that test was out of sean's habu and has logged well over 200 flights. I think its pretty darn impressive performance and reliability and this is where the cheap motors fall down
Agreed. I was skeptical about these cheap motors and wanted to see how long they lasted. But one of them has clocked up more than 60 flights so far and it stills churns along.

A few days ago I put in 6 flights in 100F heat and no issues. Checked the windings and don't see any scorching marks at all.
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas