HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:49 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
What ever...Mark.
Trolling...

I just post base on data inflight.
Not on bench...the number on bench RPM alway little higher because no intake or exhaust tube.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:56 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
O.K..
Friday is last day for the spinners discount.
You guys order faster than the machine can make.
Specially you Mark.
You clean me out today.
Woah, how about a little proffesionalism here, whoever it is you are referring to its not me. You want to make statements like this then clarify who you are talking about. I happen to have my own diamond cut CNC spinner that does not need to be polished as the finish is excellent. It also fits straight onto the stock rotor.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:00 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Woah, how about a little proffesionalism here, whoever it is you are referring to its not me. You want to make statements like this then clarify who you are talking about. I happen to have my own diamond cut CNC spinner that does not need to be polished as the finish is excellent. It also fits straight onto the stock rotor.

Whom talking about you...
Stop trolling....
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:05 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,539 Posts
Quote:
What ever...Mark.
Trolling...
I just post base on data inflight.
Not on bench...the number on bench RPM alway little higher because no intake or exhaust tube.
Oh I didnt realise you are the only one who can test in flight, my bad...

I test on the bench with intakes exclusively, and I have Wemotec intake tubes for my 70mm fans as well as lips and thrust tubes. Would you like to see photos?
I also test in the model, my F16 figures are the same as on the bench with the intake lip and wemotec thrust tube installed. I also logged my Vampire flight but no rpm on that one yet as I havent fitted the attachement for the rpm sensor to the ESC.

So I am trolling because I look at the figures posted and ask questions about them? So the figures are not accurate then?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:07 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Oh I didnt realise you are the only one who can test in flight, my bad...

I test on the bench with intakes exclusively, and I have Wemotec intake tubes for my 70mm fans as well as lips and thrust tubes. Would you like to see photos?
I also test in the model, my F16 figures are the same as on the bench with the intake lip and wemotec thrust tube installed. I also logged my Vampire flight but no rpm on that one yet as I havent fitted the attachement for the rpm sensor to the ESC.

So I am trolling because I look at the figures posted and ask questions about them? So the figures are not accurate then?
What ever dude....
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:19 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,539 Posts
Quote:
Whom talking about you...
Stop trolling....
Right so you didnt post that up with the intention of making people think I was buying spinners off you.
Man up and own the statement, joke or not its obvious what you were hinting at.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,539 Posts
Quote:
What ever dude....
So you are telling us that 7s is a good setup? C'mon you posted up the figures, so back them up, tell the readers they are ok to run 7s and suck 2.3Kw, or tell them you dont think its a good setup. You always tell us how you test things thoroughly for months before you release them, so why all of a sudden are you rushing to post up figures on a chinese 10 dolla fan

For my setups I feel 6s/1800w is pushing it for a 70mm, end of the day we still have to carry batteries around and most guys like to get out there and fly their jets like a jet, WOT for a good few minutes with a little mixed throttle in between.

Personally I find telling people what I think of my results to be beneficial to long term trust.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Thats all well and good, but when I did the initial testing and put out a couple of pretty reasonably priced setups with alloy shrouds, custom adapters and spinners, I was attacked for wanting my R&D costs back, one of the principle attackers being someone who now works for TJ.
still crying over your spilled milk

Quote:
So how is 2300W/96 Amps suddenly an efficient lightweight 70mm setup? at only 43K rpm? I see 40K rpm at just over 1500w with a 2W30. My F16 is doing around 130mph at 33K rpm and 860W.

How is it the MEGA motors are rubbish but the eflite motor is suddenly the best thing since sliced bread? The amount of spin in here is incredible...
who said mega motor are rubbish?, who said eflight motors are the best thing since sliced bread? oh thats right you did lol!!!! you sure know how to twist peoples words.
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:25 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Ignor Ignor Ignor.
Don't respond John.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
I set my CG at 355-360mm from the trailing edge of the flap towards the nose.
Thanks.
91-ZULU is offline Find More Posts by 91-ZULU
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:37 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
still crying over your spilled milk

who said mega motor are rubbish?, who said eflight motors are the best thing since sliced bread? oh thats right you did lol!!!! you sure know how to twist peoples words.
i stay out of arguements for arguments sake ,but it just baffles me how you aways defending tamjets . what are you his lapdog .tamjet cant defend himself so you need to be his hero. im not associated with extreme rc ,but in my opinion you should mind your business and let them settle there differences .

ps im sorry to the members here who are reading this(not you JCD) , its entertaining to read the debates with extreme and tamjets but its annoying when a third party wants to join in without being invited and i needed to vent .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:49 PM
United States, NC, Marion
Joined Jun 2011
766 Posts
Hey guys I bought a CS 10 blade fan and I'm not gonna use it. I'm gonna go with a different setup. So its for sale if anybody is interested. 25.00 shipped if interested shoot me a pm
ncflyer79 is online now Find More Posts by ncflyer79
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
Tamjets or ExtremeRC should bury the hatchet and recognize they are simply competitors.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,709 Posts
Quote:
...(and no am not labelling you a serial poster!)
lol...No, I'm a serial poster....

I'm erh7771 and I'm addicted to EDFs....

Admitting the problem is the start to making it worse

Just received a Skymaster BAE Hawk fuse today...

I will use two CS10s to fly it

sigh
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:12 PM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Tamjets or ExtremeRC should bury the hatchet and recognize they are simply competitors.
Amen to that!!!!!!!
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp