HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:36 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
After following the thread I went ahead and ordered Tam's adapter set prior to ordering the fan. I have not one complaint at all, this is with a CP motor and my fan looked like a squirrel gnawed on the entire bottom surface and trailing edges of the fan from shipping. It sings up to a full woosh and is smooth as a babys butt and I've never balanced it one bit.
hi, may i ask what is the spinner washer for... ? and it's effect with or without it? can advise? as i'm thinking of getting it for my HET motors and CS 10 bladed Fan. tks!!
viperviper is online now Find More Posts by viperviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 09:32 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Yes remove both red leads and plug ubec into any spare channel.
I have been using these without any trouble
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10313
otherwise there are the Castle Creations becs etc, but I have not had a problem with the HK ones in over 4 years of using them.

I wire the ubec to the battery plug that way if the esc fries and the power lead comes off you still have power to the rx
Thanks Clive! btw, are the input leads of the BEC soldered to the ESC leads? if i dun want to do this, can i use a parallel connector lead?
Old Jun 02, 2012, 10:12 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
985 Posts
in your experience (anyone who would like to answer) how well balanced are these outta the box? I know they are not gonna be dynamically balanced until hooked up to a motor and ran but static, how well made are they?
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Old Jun 02, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
So looks like the eflite bl 32 with tamjet adapter on 6s should be good? Thinking about trying this with some 80amp esc's in both my f22 and a10 bh planes. I love the way the fan sounds in the a10, but it def wasn't handling the stock power system at all.
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:18 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper View Post
Thanks Clive! btw, are the input leads of the BEC soldered to the ESC leads? if i dun want to do this, can i use a parallel connector lead?
Yes, some folks snip a 6 or 9 inch servo extension in half and using just the power and ground wire, solder those to the BEC and ESC leads. I always use the 22 or 26 gauge wire extensions for that.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:19 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
hey Clive, tks for your advice. So i still need to remove 2 lead before i plug into the throttle channel? And the ubec lead subsequently into the batt channel?

Any good recommendation on the ubec? reliable one. tks!!
Myself I dont use any bec or ubec's I eliminate all that stuff and run a 5 cell pack straight to the reciever. I lost one plane using the bec before never again.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:20 PM
Progress with the process...
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
143 Posts
Quote:
this 70mm Red Viper F-18 really flies well with this fan setup, on 6S 3300mah lipo. HET 2W25. Lots of thrusts and 3-4mins of flight with few speed passes, rolls, loops and vertical climbs. Just for sharing.

Is that the HK 70mm F22? CS10 in it as well? Rattlesnake posted a vid several pages back with the F22 and it sounds great.
TIA
M3ATpl0w is offline Find More Posts by M3ATpl0w
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:37 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
Quote:
hi, may i ask what is the spinner washer for... ? and it's effect with or without it? can advise? as i'm thinking of getting it for my HET motors and CS 10 bladed Fan. tks!!
the spinner washer takes the play out of the stock spinner to rotor. there is so much side to side play in the stock parts that it makes the spinner unusable. with the washer the play is removed and you can get a good balance with the spinner installed and it wont move on you like the stock parts can. its also a good idea to use true precision shaft adapters
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:42 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
the spinner washer takes the play out of the stock spinner to rotor. there is so much side to side play in the stock parts that it makes the spinner unusable. with the washer the play is removed and you can get a good balance with the spinner installed and it wont move on you like the stock parts can. its also a good idea to use true precision shaft adapters
John,
Tomorrow look like goes to be hungover....
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:44 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
ah so you are going to fly really fast tomorrow??........speed runs?????
Old Jun 02, 2012, 11:22 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ATpl0w View Post
Is that the HK 70mm F22? CS10 in it as well? Rattlesnake posted a vid several pages back with the F22 and it sounds great.
TIA
yes, it's also fitted with CS10. with 2W18v2. the setup is hot. But the sound is just GREAT!!!
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:35 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
yes, it's also fitted with CS10. with 2W18v2. the setup is hot. But the sound is just GREAT!!!
how fast is your f18 with that set up u have
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:38 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
Where did you purchase this fan from
i purchased it from PW-RC.com $16 plus shipping.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:44 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
After following the thread I went ahead and ordered Tam's adapter set prior to ordering the fan. I have not one complaint at all, this is with a CP motor and my fan looked like a squirrel gnawed on the entire bottom surface and trailing edges of the fan from shipping. It sings up to a full woosh and is smooth as a babys butt and I've never balanced it one bit.
where do you get an adapter that will work with the HET 2w-20, 3.17mm shaft. the ones at tamjets are for 4-5mm shafts?
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:57 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
are you running 4s? if so cross your fingers and hope you get a good one with the fan