HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:18 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
I don't have any mimi fan housings. I used an old one with a crack to fit to the pods. Does anyone sell just the mini fan housing's. If not where can I get the delta v15 Thanks Dave
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:06 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash View Post
I don't have any mimi fan housings. I used an old one with a crack to fit to the pods. Does anyone sell just the mini fan housing's. If not where can I get the delta v15 Thanks Dave
Here ya go: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ed-fan-EFLDF15
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:29 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Oh there the eflight fans. Im not in a hurry so I will keep an eye out for the mini fans. They will fit my pods perfectly. Thanks Dave
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:25 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper View Post

##### tested with 6S, 85A at 1800W ard >2kg of thrust!! ##### it's indeed an economical setup with comparable results to those expensive alloy setup! Save tonnes of money in long run esp on the fan unit itself $85-$90 vs $16.
this 70mm Red Viper F-18 really flies well with this fan setup, on 6S 3300mah lipo. HET 2W25. Lots of thrusts and 3-4mins of flight with few speed passes, rolls, loops and vertical climbs. Just for sharing.

viperviper is online now Find More Posts by viperviper
Last edited by viperviper; Jun 02, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:28 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,642 Posts
i recieved my cs-10 the other day, & i cant even assemble it. it took awhile to get the burrs out of the collets & when i did, the nut that came with it, wont tighten down. its as if the threads dont match. id like to change to a collet style adapter. if i get the Eflite fan unit, will it come with everything i need to just put the cs-10 fan in & go? im still learning about edf's, thanks
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:56 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Viper are you getting 1120watt on the 2w 25
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:18 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
755 Posts
Quote:
Viper are you getting 1120watt on the 2w 25
i'm getting 1800W with 6S 3300mah (with 2W25 motor) and max current at WOT is 85A.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:37 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper View Post
i'm getting 1800W with 6S 3300mah (with 2W25 motor) and max current at WOT is 85A.
Have you got much time on the CS10 with that setup? I am looking for a good setup for my warthog
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:47 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
755 Posts
Quote:
Have you got much time on the CS10 with that setup? I am looking for a good setup for my warthog
so far just 9 flights!...
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:58 AM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
i recieved my cs-10 the other day, & i cant even assemble it. it took awhile to get the burrs out of the collets & when i did, the nut that came with it, wont tighten down. its as if the threads dont match. id like to change to a collet style adapter. if i get the Eflite fan unit, will it come with everything i need to just put the cs-10 fan in & go? im still learning about edf's, thanks
Where did you purchase this fan from
Mannyman535 is online now Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:05 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
755 Posts
one electric question with regards to dual edf power system setup....

Can i hook up 2 x 100A hobbywing ESC's lead using a y-harness into the RX throttle port without removing one of the BEC positive lead? Some claimed that it can be done as it provide redundancy if one of the ESC would to fail in flight and power will still be supplied to the servos for landing. Some claimed that one of the ESC lead got to be removed else u will see smoke coming out from the RX or ESCs.

Can anyone advise as i'm now into the Twin F-15 setup. tks!!
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:37 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,572 Posts
Only run one bec to the rx remove one wire. I f I were you I would not use the bec in the esc but use an external UBEC one with good current rating, good insurance for little $$$$
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:50 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Only run one bec to the rx remove one wire. I f I were you I would not use the bec in the esc but use an external UBEC one with good current rating, good insurance for little $$$$
hey Clive, tks for your advice. So i still need to remove 2 lead before i plug into the throttle channel? And the ubec lead subsequently into the batt channel?

Any good recommendation on the ubec? reliable one. tks!!
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:16 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,572 Posts
Yes remove both red leads and plug ubec into any spare channel.
I have been using these without any trouble
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10313
otherwise there are the Castle Creations becs etc, but I have not had a problem with the HK ones in over 4 years of using them.

I wire the ubec to the battery plug that way if the esc fries and the power lead comes off you still have power to the rx
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:16 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
After following the thread I went ahead and ordered Tam's adapter set prior to ordering the fan. I have not one complaint at all, this is with a CP motor and my fan looked like a squirrel gnawed on the entire bottom surface and trailing edges of the fan from shipping. It sings up to a full woosh and is smooth as a babys butt and I've never balanced it one bit.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Last edited by ApexAero; Jun 02, 2012 at 04:32 AM. Reason: shipping